College Gameday

I just seen the TN/Florida game was picked by CBS as the 3:30 game, so I dont think game day will be there. Good chance the SEC network guys will be though
Last week SECN split its broadcast up between vandy WF and KY UF. They had two sites all day. Maybe they do that all season or maybe that was a one time thing. Gameday last week was at Texas Bama which was a Fox game so I don’t think they really care too much about the broadcast of the game. Who knows. All that being said I won’t watch most likely.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
If we are 5-0 when Bama comes to town that'll be a top ten rivalry match for the first time in a very long time with playoff and conference implications. It'll be too tempting to resist.

We've got to take care of business against Florida and LSU.

ESPN can cram it. They have kicked us whenever given the slightest chance. Don't want their stink fouling up the local atmosphere.
I understand the sentiment but GameDay is good exposure for recruiting and good recruiting furthers the odds of winning, and the best thing we can do to the haters is win, so they can come on to our city.

Last week SECN split its broadcast up between vandy WF and KY UF. They had two sites all day. Maybe they do that all season or maybe that was a one time thing. Gameday last week was at Texas Bama which was a Fox game so I don’t think they really care too much about the broadcast of the game. Who knows. All that being said I won’t watch most likely.
I didn’t know the SEC network was doing that now, if so I think it’s no doubt some of them will be there. It may be different now it seems I remember from years gone by if the big game was on CBS, Gameday was less likely to go unless it was hands down the game of the week.

This hasn’t stopped them in the past. They have been to a few of the SEC games that were on CBS. Alabama Texas was on Fox last weekend and they were there.
Yeah if it’s hands down the biggest game of the week it seems they still go if it’s on a competitors network. I just remember different times in the past I thought gameday would for sure be at a game but wouldn’t be and do a different one, seemingly due to network competition

I understand the sentiment but GameDay is good exposure for recruiting and good recruiting furthers the odds of winning, and the best thing we can do to the haters is win, so they can come on to our city.
I agree wholeheartedly. I understand why so many don't like ESPN, but its good publicity for UT and IF WE WIN, IT'S EVEN BETTER FOR UT!!

I am no longer a fan of Gameday. I don't watch it anymore.

I'd rather "Big Noon Kickoff" come to Knoxville. Gameday has an agenda.

Two years ago Herbstreit cried on the air while doing some left-wing whining. I haven't watched Gameday since.

Plus BNK has more guys that have played more recently and are easier to watch- Leinhardt, Bush, Quinn, Meyer and Stone.

I watch the SEC network more because I am more interested in the sec in general. I will flip it over to espn some but most of the time I watch the SEC network. GBO! If game day comes great if they don’t that will be fine too. The sec network generates exposure as well. Can’t control what they do so there is no reason to fret over it. GBO!!!

VN Store

Back