College Football News SEC Spring Bowl Projections

A&M literally plays no one this year. As difficult as their schedule was last year, it’s far easier this year. They went 7-5 last year. They replace Clemson and Georgia with Colorado and Vandy. That’s 9-3 minimum IMHO. Plus, they return pretty much everyone as they only had 2 senior starters last year.

State - new HC
Ole Miss - new HC
LSU - New OC, DC, starting QB.
Bama - New starting QB.
Arky - New HC, starting QB.
Auburn - lost the majority of starters on both lines.

When you compare who A&M has coming back and how much everyone else lost, they should be in good condition to win 10 games this year.
Texas A&M will definitely be a team to watch in the SEC in 2020.

Also, with this Covid crisis, new players didn’t get to go through Spring practice or practice under coaches. That fact favors teams who have more experienced players in their system and those teams who largely have their coaching staff intact.

Also, with this Covid crisis, new players didn’t get to go through Spring practice or practice under coaches. That fact favors teams who have more experienced players in their system and those teams who largely have their coaching staff intact.
I think this season could be similar to the WW2 college football seasons of 1942-1945 with the amount of disruption.

I think this season could be similar to the WW2 college football seasons of 1942-1945 with the amount of disruption.

Well, as an A&M fan, the conditions give us a better chance of being successful. OC/DC intact. Sr starter at QB. On offense, Sr QB, 4 SR OL, RB, 1 Sr receiver, TE return. On defense, 3 DL, 2 LB, 3/4 CB’s return.

Similarly, TN has a SR QB starter, RB, 1 receiver.... actually, very similar to A&M. Guarantano should be better with finally having the same OC for another year.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Well, as an A&M fan, the conditions give us a better chance of being successful. OC/DC intact. Sr starter at QB. On offense, Sr QB, 4 SR OL, RB, 1 Sr receiver, TE return. On defense, 3 DL, 2 LB, 3/4 CB’s return.

Similarly, TN has a SR QB starter, RB, 1 receiver.... actually, very similar to A&M. Guarantano should be better with finally having the same OC for another year.
I think both Tennessee and Texas A&M have a great chance of winning 9-10 games.

A&M better win 9 games with its eyes closed. They should at least win 10 in the regular season IMHO.
Agreed. A&M should absolutely start 6-0; the first really loseable game they play is not until week 7 at Auburn. Then they should definitely win the next 3 games after that until closing the season against Alabama and LSU.

Jimbo's really needs to get over the hump this year. His MO thus far at A&M has been win all the games you're supposed to, lose all the game you're supposed to. That's OK at some schools, but not at A&M.

If you win the Masters, you get a green jacket and can play in any future Masters tournament, even if your game is "not what it was". Somehow I see these predictions and Bama always seems to be automatically on there (like they have the green jacket), but I'm not convinced they are playoff material. They lost a lot of receivers and, even though Jones did finish the season and has significant snaps, he did make some key errors against Auburn and they lost that one. Someone make a case for Bama being as good as what these predictions are. I'll hang up and listen.

If you win the Masters, you get a green jacket and can play in any future Masters tournament, even if your game is "not what it was". Somehow I see these predictions and Bama always seems to be automatically on there (like they have the green jacket), but I'm not convinced they are playoff material. They lost a lot of receivers and, even though Jones did finish the season and has significant snaps, he did make some key errors against Auburn and they lost that one. Someone make a case for Bama being as good as what these predictions are. I'll hang up and listen.

Even losing Jeudy and Ruggs, Bama has a case for the best receiving corps in the SEC, along with Harris and Sanders in the backfield. But, more importantly, Bama can have a decent drop off on offense and still make the playoff if the defense gets healthy. Bama didn't lose any games in 2019 because of the offense.

Ok cool. So we’ll get to see Evans play live against us now in a de facto away game? Could be interesting.
I think Tennessee goes 9-3 and probably winds up in the Outback Bowl. If Tennessee somehow goes 10-2 I think they wind up in the Citrus,Cotton or Sugar Bowls.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Here's the latest College Football News Bowl Projections. They have Tennessee playing TCU in the Texas Bowl.

2020-2021 Bowl Projections, College Football Playoff Predictions: May Version
If the PAC cancels it's 2020 OOC and plays 11 conference games instead (as their commissioner wants to do) then Bama and TCU have agreed to open the season at Jerry World on Sept 5th. Bama was to open that day against USC and TCU is scheduled to play Cal.

The good thing for Tennessee (and Bama) is that TCU hasn't had a QB since Boykin went to jail/ got kicked out of school.

If the PAC cancels it's 2020 OOC and plays 11 conference games instead (as their commissioner wants to do) then Bama and TCU have agreed to open the season at Jerry World on Sept 5th. Bama was to open that day against USC and TCU is scheduled to play Cal.

The good thing for Tennessee (and Bama) is that TCU hasn't had a QB since Boykin went to jail/ got kicked out of school.
What do you think of Baylor vs Mississippi State in the Liberty Bowl?

What do you think of Baylor vs Mississippi State in the Liberty Bowl?
Probably a toss up game. Both teams have new coaches and new systems to learn. Baylor lost 4 players to the draft and 9 other players signed free agent contracts so if I had to choose I would go with MSU.

QB will be questionable for the Bears if Charlie Brewer medically retires from football. Zeno will be a good QB given time but he isn't the answer yet.

Colorado @ A&M is/was a semi-interesting FCS pillow fight. Even though A&M has a higher payroll it would be a close game.
Colorado in the PAC12 still bothers me. I hate to say it, but I’m pretty jealous of some of our Gator friends on here who will be making the trip to Boulder when they have their home/home.

Probably a toss up game. Both teams have new coaches and new systems to learn. Baylor lost 4 players to the draft and 9 other players signed free agent contracts so if I had to choose I would go with MSU.

QB will be questionable for the Bears if Charlie Brewer medically retires from football. Zeno will be a good QB given time but he isn't the answer yet.
Edit: We actually play Ole Miss in Houston that weekend

2020 Baylor Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

hmm... You sure???

Totally sure. While Bama likely wins if those plays don't happen, Bama should never lose a game in which their offense scores 45 points. Frankly, the game shouldn't even be close. But Bama's D gave up 34 points to one of the lowest scoring offenses that Auburn has put out in years. Auburn managed 30 points in only 4 FBS games the entire year: Kent St, Mississippi St, Arkansas, and Bama. They were held to 24 points by the defensive juggernaut that is Tulane.

Totally sure. While Bama likely wins if those plays don't happen,
But those plays DID happen. That was a 14 point swing, and it was on the offense. I kinda hear you on the "Juggernaut Bama Offense", but there were several times where they didn't deliver (Bama's offense) and it cost them the game.

Reactions: BUBear

VN Store

Back