College Football News SEC Spring Bowl Projections

But those plays DID happen. That was a 14 point swing, and it was on the offense. I kinda hear you on the "Juggernaut Bama Offense", but there were several times where they didn't deliver (Bama's offense) and it cost them the game.

Bad plays happen in every game. You either make up for them or you don't. You're not going to convince me that games in which Bama's offense scored 41 and 45 weren't lost because of piss poor defense.

Colorado in the PAC12 still bothers me. I hate to say it, but I’m pretty jealous of some of our Gator friends on here who will be making the trip to Boulder when they have their home/home.
I'm not sure Gator fans are aware non-conference games are played outside the state of Florida so they may not be able to find their way there.

And then the Buff fans get a trip to Gainesville. What did they ever do to deserve that?

If the PAC cancels it's 2020 OOC and plays 11 conference games instead (as their commissioner wants to do) then Bama and TCU have agreed to open the season at Jerry World on Sept 5th. Bama was to open that day against USC and TCU is scheduled to play Cal.

The good thing for Tennessee (and Bama) is that TCU hasn't had a QB since Boykin went to jail/ got kicked out of school.
TCU might have found a QB.

Matthew Baldwin - Football - TCU Athletics

He's another Lake Travis kid that transferred from Ohio State to TCU.

Mack Rhoades expects season opener against Ole Miss to be played in front of fans

The more polarizing topic addressed by Rhoades was the updated thought process of allowing fans inside NRG Stadium to watch the game. As things stand currently, Rhoades believes fans will be allowed to attend.

“Yeah, right now, you know, I do,” Rhoades said.

“Today is what, the 19th? So we still have the entire month of June and July and August, so it’s 90-plus days away. My sense is where we’re headed, how we’re headed, is that we would play in front of fans.

Mack Rhoades expects season opener against Ole Miss to be played in front of fans

The more polarizing topic addressed by Rhoades was the updated thought process of allowing fans inside NRG Stadium to watch the game. As things stand currently, Rhoades believes fans will be allowed to attend.

“Yeah, right now, you know, I do,” Rhoades said.

“Today is what, the 19th? So we still have the entire month of June and July and August, so it’s 90-plus days away. My sense is where we’re headed, how we’re headed, is that we would play in front of fans.

Thank you Mack Rhoades! I can’t understand why others are afraid to adopt a policy of reassessment as we keep moving forward. I understand that certain things might need concrete dates set, but I don’t see the problem doing what he’s suggesting.

Colorado in the PAC12 still bothers me. I hate to say it, but I’m pretty jealous of some of our Gator friends on here who will be making the trip to Boulder when they have their home/home.
I'd really like to go out to Provo in 2023 when we play BYU. Awesome area of the country, and seeing the different cultures of the fanbases is just really funny/entertaining. I think the differences would be more stark than when BYU came to Knoxville last year - the impression I got from the BYU fans I saw was that those were maybe some of the, let's say, "looser" fans within their fanbase that were more comfortable venturing out and going to a road game. Their fans that made the trip I think knew what to expect...kind of.

When we go there, the Vols that make the trip will totally tear Provo up Friday night and Saturday, right on their home turf. It might freak some of them out :)

I'd really like to go out to Provo in 2023 when we play BYU. Awesome area of the country, and seeing the different cultures of the fanbases is just really funny/entertaining. I think the differences would be more stark than when BYU came to Knoxville last year - the impression I got from the BYU fans I saw was that those were maybe some of the, let's say, "looser" fans within their fanbase that were more comfortable venturing out and going to a road game. Their fans that made the trip I think knew what to expect...kind of.

When we go there, the Vols that make the trip will totally tear Provo up Friday night and Saturday, right on their home turf. It might freak some of them out :)
I would love to make that trip. I’ve never been to that pet of the country. I’m sure that social dynamic will be interesting when all the Vol Fans roll into Provo .

I've read that Arizona is reopening for pro sports also. Florida had better get out in front of this.

Round Rock, Corpus Christi, Beaumont and Galveston are already equiped to handle MLB spring training. With large baseball populations in the valley (Brownsville and Uvalde) the weather and economy would be perfect for MLB.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Here are College Football News Spring SEC bowl projections

Texas Bowl: TCU vs Tennessee
Liberty Bowl: Baylor vs Mississippi State
Belk Bowl: Virginia vs South Carolina
Outback Bowl: Michigan vs Auburn
Gator Bowl: North Carolina vs Missouri
Birmingham Bowl: Memphis vs Ole Miss
Music City Bowl: Minnesota vs Kentucky
Citrus Bowl: Wisconsin vs LSU
Cotton Bowl: Oklahoma vs Texas A&M
Peach Bowl: Florida vs Notre Dame
Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs Georgia
Sugar Bowl: Clemson vs Alabama
National Championship Game: Ohio State vs Alabama

SEC Bowl Projections: 2020-2021 Spring Version
Another dumb media head that doesn’t realize that Tennessee’s bottom possible bowl floor is the Liberty, we are never going to a bowl lower than that in the pecking order.

Obviously the CPF/major bowlswould be the choice
Citrus if 10-2 or 9-3
And we prefer a Florida bowl
But Belk and Music city would always be our 3rd tier choices and Liberty would be the 6-6 and no other option bowl

Any other SEC bowl will never see Tennessee

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Another dumb media head that doesn’t realize that Tennessee’s bottom possible bowl floor is the Liberty, we are never going to a bowl lower than that in the pecking order.

Obviously the CPF/major bowlswould be the choice
Citrus if 10-2 or 9-3
And we prefer a Florida bowl
But Belk and Music city would always be our 3rs choices and Liberty would be the 6-6 and no other option bowl

Any other SEC bowl will never see Tennessee
If Tennessee goes 8-4 or 9-3 I think they go to the Outback Bowl and I think they go to the Sugar Bowl,Citrus Bowl or Cotton Bowl if they go 10-2, If there's a miracle and Tennessee goes 11-1 then I think they go to the Orange Bowl,Peach Bowl or the College Football Playoffs.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back