College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

NIL deals. UT is tying Vitello's hands when it comes to recruiting until they can get some of the NIL money football and basketball has offered to go to baseball. We would not come close to what I hear LSU offered a few and I don't think they are done with the transfer portal. All of the blue bloods that showed up at Super Regionals need to get off their checkbooks for baseball and not just football and basketball. I won't be surprised if we don't lose some this week with the NIL money that some schools are offering baseball players who have proven their worth. I say this week because players have until July 1 to get in Transfer Portal.

Tony V has been hamstrung by the Plumber Danny White.

I understand absolutely nothing about the legal intricacies involved with NIL and these "membership clubs," of which I am certain are many and also not fully understood by the NCAA/schools at this point either, but I recall reading in May that Tennessee baseball was looking into something similar (the Smokey hat being a membership gift).

I think it's definitely time to get that off the ground, immediately. The season ended a game earlier than the realistic goal, but there's still plenty of good will/burgeoning interest with this sport (clearly the best program at Tennessee right now) and Tennessee baseball would have a lot of success in raising NIL money from fans who care about the program's trajectory. The Lindsey Nelson renovations look awesome, but that's a bit down the road and there's a much wider market of people who want to contribute but can't buy a $60k/year suite.

NIL deals. UT is tying Vitello's hands when it comes to recruiting until they can get some of the NIL money football and basketball has offered to go to baseball. We would not come close to what I hear LSU offered a few and I don't think they are done with the transfer portal. All of the blue bloods that showed up at Super Regionals need to get off their checkbooks for baseball and not just football and basketball. I won't be surprised if we don't lose some this week with the NIL money that some schools are offering baseball players who have proven their worth. I say this week because players have until July 1 to get in Transfer Portal.
www.friendsofbasevols.com. Good grassroots place to start but need more contributions from the big donors.

Interesting. If we miss on both White and Skenes, I wonder where the staff goes. We need a catcher. I’m not too sure Charlie Taylor has the bat to be a full-time player. I guess Denton would have the heat turned up, but I wonder how real that relationship is right now.

Wish we could get a new write up from McKee, ha! Curiosity is killing me.
I feel like White was 99% FSU from the beginning.

What about Ahuna

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don't think Danny White has anything to do with NIL. It is individual Vol Supporters. I know LSU has put together a large group of LSU faithful baseball guys who have a sum of millions, I'm told, that are available for NIL deals. I would say none of our players have gotten enough to buy a car yet much less pay for their schooling unless there is something going on I'm not seeing. The NIL will allow the schools that love their baseball to get kids, especially proven kids out of the transfer portal and bring them all together with salaries (NIL deals). I willing to bet that some college comes up with the money to allow their coach to go get the top 20 players in the nation and put them together to buy a Natty.

Wow. That is so frustrating. I guess it shouldn’t be surprising because baseball will always be 3rd fiddle here, but after the season we just had this is not what you want to hear. I bet Vitello is extremely unhappy. I guess we can kiss Paul Skenes goodbye.

VN Store

Back