Cold hard truth

This team is an absolute disappointment. Should have ran through this conference with the veteran leadership and young talent.

Pons and Fulk have disappeared. Vescovi is slow. Bailey is horrible.

We are Tennessee.

Reactions: 08Vol
This team is an absolute disappointment. Should have ran through this conference with the veteran leadership and young talent.

Pons and Fulk have disappeared. Vescovi is slow. Bailey is horrible.

We are Tennessee.
"We are Tennessee" seems fitting for this team for sure. Basketball is a different animal in the post-season. The "best" team doesn't always win. We definitely have the athletes to beat ANYONE in the country. Just need the lights to come on.

Green was a first class jerk and lazy but he closed the deal on Harris (signed with O’Neal but could have requested a release after KO left) Yarbrough, Slay & Haslip I believe. TH & VY were clearly 5 stars and Slay & Haslip were high 4 if not 5 stars.

The team Green had that lost to NC was probably the most talented team Tennessee ever put on the floor. They should have gone to the Final Four with a decent coach.

This is gospel truth right here. ^^^

Preseason, I looked at the core of the team and the fact that we were going to have to rely a lot on two highly rated but unproven freshmen, and I thought 12th in the country looked a good bit high. Pleasantly pleased when we climbed to #6 (but wasn't sure we deserved it), and a little disappointed now. But not surprised. Didn't understand folks thinking we looked like a Final Four team before those guys had ever hit the floor. Now, we've played a few games, and a few stretches of other games, where we actually DO look like a FF team. About what I would have expected. We desperately need Fulky to get his mojo back. Then, I'll start hoping again.

Elite 8 was better

By one round and never a Final Four.

Tennessee has never been a powerhouse in basketball. Yes, there were flashes, but the program has never been elite. It seems like just when a coach gets on the cusp of sustained success, something happens to derail it. I’d rather not derail Barnes and see if he can get us over the hump. His recruiting makes me think that he can.

Reactions: walkenvol
By one round and never a Final Four.

Tennessee has never been a powerhouse in basketball. Yes, there were flashes, but the program has never been elite. It seems like just when a coach gets on the cusp of sustained success, something happens to derail it. I’d rather not derail Barnes and see if he can get us over the hump. His recruiting makes me think that he can.

TN was a powerhouse when the NCAAT was unseeded and when they only took one team per conference. Also when the NIT was the more prestigious tournament.

VN Store

Back