Cold hard truth

wmcovol

I like this team but the truth is this team beat Mizzou in the first game convincingly but since then has lost every game to other top teams in the SEC; Alabama, Florida, Mizzou & LSU. Every game they’ve won has been vs the bottom half of the SEC.

And Kansas, like Ky, is big name but is about the same as lower half of the league. Jmo.

Yes this team can get hot but I think our ceiling is the Sweet 16 round. If Pons and Fulk get back healthy and play to their full ability and the two freshmen continue to get better we can get there, possibly beyond. Not having a true big man hurts but we can overcome that with good play at the other spots but where I see we struggle the most is with fast point guards like Pinson at Mizzou and Smart at LSU. Those guys drove to basket whenever they wanted.

If If If What is it they said about frogs. Heard this crap about every sport the past 10 years. And the search goes on.

Reactions: 08Vol
Except this is a March sport. If we get hot at the right time, trouble for other teams. We know this team can get hot.
Exactly, as long as we peak at the right time. I still think we’re the most talented team in the SEC

This team reminds me of the 10-11 UCONN team with Kimba Walker. Came into the season with high expectations. Got lost offensively, and lost 7 of final 11. Then Kimba went NUTS during their conference tournament to win it. Then he carried them through NCAA. Special players can make special things happen. I'm hoping one of our guys can be special for 4 or 5 games, and I hope they save it for March!

This team reminds me of the 10-11 UCONN team with Kimba Walker. Came into the season with high expectations. Got lost offensively, and lost 7 of final 11. Then Kimba went NUTS during their conference tournament to win it. Then he carried them through NCAA. Special players can make special things happen. I'm hoping one of our guys can be special for 4 or 5 games, and I hope they save it for March!
Kemba was an elite PG. We do not have one of those.

I like this team but the truth is this team beat Mizzou in the first game convincingly but since then has lost every game to other top teams in the SEC; Alabama, Florida, Mizzou & LSU. Every game they’ve won has been vs the bottom half of the SEC.

And Kansas, like Ky, is big name but is about the same as lower half of the league. Jmo.
And looked really bad doing it.

Reactions: 08Vol
with Fulky and Pons compromised and seemingly not much front court depth behind them the BasketVols are probably going to have to overachieve to get very far in the post season.

the back court doesn't really have a true point guard and Springer is the only semi-dynamic ball handler.

national pundits are overestimating the post season for our boys.

Go Vols

Yes this team can get hot but I think our ceiling is the Sweet 16 round. If Pons and Fulk get back healthy and play to their full ability and the two freshmen continue to get better we can get there, possibly beyond. Not having a true big man hurts but we can overcome that with good play at the other spots but where I see we struggle the most is with fast point guards like Pinson at Mizzou and Smart at LSU. Those guys drove to basket whenever they wanted.

spot on analysis

Ol miss ain’t no slouch

Vescovi is nothing more than a spot up shooter that gets hot every once in a awhile. To steamy! And a liability on defense those quicker point guards blow right past him. He he gets caught in the air or picking up his dribble. Wish Chandler would’ve reclassified. Barnes really should’ve addressed the paint recruiting this last year and it appears the same his happening for ‘21-‘22.

Reactions: 08Vol and Hbg

VN Store

Back