Coaching staff is our weakness

I'll be pissed if the Vols lose but I won't be a part of the fire Butch crowd because of a huge failure to capitalize on another down year for UF. Butch deserves his full five year cycle before the axe falls, if it ever does. If this team goes 10-2 with a New Year's day bowl victory, in spite of a loss this Saturday, I would be OK with it.

I would be happy with that as well. But at some point, a coach HAS to beat his rival teams. For the last 2 years there were valid reasons and excuses for the losses. Now there are none. If Tennessee loses to UF and Alabama again, then it will signify that Butch Jones is not the man to bring championships back to Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
No. Our biggest weakness is our idiot fans that think they know more than the coaching staff. Again I challenge any one of you negative cowards to prove your coaching acumen. Get the job and do it. Its a little harder than madden. UT is cursed with armchair idiots. That is our weakness. Go jump in the river and quit wasting oxygen and other resources.

Reactions: 3 people
I have a feeling that this team will win this Saturday. However, lets have an honest evaluation of this staff after the game.

No. Our biggest weakness is our idiot fans that think they know more than the coaching staff. Again I challenge any one of you negative cowards to prove your coaching acumen. Get the job and do it. Its a little harder than madden. UT is cursed with armchair idiots. That is our weakness. Go jump in the river and quit wasting oxygen and other resources.

No. While it may not be our biggest problem, one of our problems is the large group of fans who think the coaching staff is above criticism and conflate criticism of the staff with disloyalty to the university.

No. While it may not be our biggest problem, one of our problems is the large group of fans who think the coaching staff is above criticism and conflate criticism of the staff with disloyalty to the university.
you're both wrong. you can say what you want about the fans on either side, but apathy is the only way the fans are part of the problem.

and we ain't that. the thing is...before you can get mad about something, you have to give a crap about it, otherwise, what's the point?

there's not a fansbase of a major school in America that doesn't have factions of fans going back and forth about similar topics we have going on.

OU, Notre Dame, GA until this season, USCe, USCw, TX, Oregon, LSU, Auburn....there's only a handful where i'd say all is well on the fans...OSU, Bama, Stanford, Michigan...

so while we may bicker amongst ourselves, it's all coming from the same place. there's no one here that doesn't want to win this week, and beyond.

Our coaching is the best we have had since 1998. Wen have not had anywhere the talent we had in 1998 to present. This team is the closest to the 1998 in talent and we will be a more talented team next year. The only two positions where we may be weaker next year is running back which could happen if Hurd and Kamara go pro and linebacker with the loss of JRM. The offense will be much best the rest of this year and could be much better next year if Hurd or Kamara stay.

you're both wrong. you can say what you want about the fans on either side, but apathy is the only way the fans are part of the problem.

and we ain't that. the thing is...before you can get mad about something, you have to give a crap about it, otherwise, what's the point?

there's not a fansbase of a major school in America that doesn't have factions of fans going back and forth about similar topics we have going on.

OU, Notre Dame, GA until this season, USCe, USCw, TX, Oregon, LSU, Auburn....there's only a handful where i'd say all is well on the fans...OSU, Bama, Stanford, Michigan...

so while we may bicker amongst ourselves, it's all coming from the same place. there's no one here that doesn't want to win this week, and beyond.

While I respect your opinion, my belief is that the program is harmed when the fans do not care enough to demand excellence. If you think this coaching staff is above criticism, you are not demanding excellence. If you are willing to settle for mediocrity, that is what you'll get.

Is this in some kind of pamphlet? Seems like a word for word MANTRA. :blink:

While I respect your opinion, my belief is that the program is harmed when the fans do not care enough to demand excellence. If you think this coaching staff is above criticism, you are not demanding excellence. If you are willing to settle for mediocrity, that is what you'll get.

i think the storm that happened regarding the coaching situation at TN, Kiffin leaving in the middle of hte night, the disaster of dooley, and now seeing some sign of life, and obvious improvement, the majority of the fan base falls right down the middle.

these boards and radio call in shows are the minority of the fanbase.

this program though, is going to find itself in a spot it's not been in though, should we lose Saturday and turn in a 7, 8 9 win season this year, with no marquis wins, no trip to ATL.

this will be first time, really as long as i can remember in my life time anyway, the program would even be faced with considering a decision like this.

even with Fulmer at the end, and he may have been here a year or two too long, you still had a guy that wont he division 5 times, 2 SEC titles and a natty.

butch doesn't have that equity. so, while i'd rather not find out, it will be interesting what they do with a new AD, should we prove to flounder around that 7, 8, 9 win type program, and continue to lose to the rivals we have. it will really be the first time they'd be faced with making a "program direction" decision, that's not just as obvious as Dooley made it, or Fulmer made it there at the end.

either way, it won't be until after next season before we find out. which is probably a good thing.

How are you making these "demands " known? On here? Lil message board? Letters to the editor? Call in to Basillio or Swain? :)

The coaching staff has always been the weakness...from Bill Battle, to Johnny Majors to Phil Fulmer and now to Jones...

Is this in some kind of pamphlet? Seems like a word for word MANTRA. :blink:

It's the Legion of the Miserables Maxim #1. Seriosly tho,the coaches and players are not above criticisms. It's the constant saying the same things over and over again in every thread that gets to people.(and bashing)
I guess I am a posivol cause I still think this team will do well and keep improving each year. Yes, they did look bad in the first 3 games but I am not gonna be griping in every thread I read. If they lose to Florida I will be upset but I know this team is on an upward trajectory overall and until that stops I am not gonna dog out the coaches or players till then.

It's the Legion of the Miserables Maxim #1. Seriosly tho,the coaches and players are not above criticisms. It's the constant saying the same things over and over again in every thread that gets to people.(and bashing)

This - say it once it is constructive criticism. Continuing to say the same thing over and over and over again is whining and bashing.

This - say it once it is constructive criticism. Continuing to say the same thing over and over and over again is whining and bashing.

Resilience
individual
character
effort
brick by brick
focus on preparation
etc...

:)

If the staff improved upon the things that were criticized, there would be no need to repeat the criticism.

I stand outside the football offices holding a sign.

Oh! The hippy!
giphy.gif

VN Store

Back