Coaching Search Thread

Y'all are going to love him when he brings in a top 5 recruiting class and hate him when that class never gets past the second round of the tournament. Just how it's been with Rick since 2008. We'll see if it changes here.

If we make the NCAAT every year, recruits well, and leaves the next guy a full cupboard and stability, I'll be overjoyed.

That's how I view it. If he stays 5-6 years and leaves it a great spot, we should be good to go.

This. Get some talent and build into the future with it. Don't expect final fours or National Championships but do expect him to be successful and put us into the tournament with us advancing to sweet 16 a few times. It's weird seeing tennessee make a "correct" hire in the eyes of the public versus a weird no name hire. Still not in stone. Underwood was going to USM last year and look what happened.

A. How much longer is Barnes realistically going to coach?

B. He hasn't made it past the first weekend since 2008.

Coach K is 68
Larry Brown is 74
Roy Williams is 64
So Barnes may coach between 4 and 14 more years.

At least he has been playing in the NCAA tourney. I am tired of losing in the NIT.

Reactions: 1 person
How I feel about the Rick Barnes hire:

ill-allow-it-gif.gif

Reactions: 2 people
On the flip side of the underachieving thing I've promoted: if guys like Barnes want to come here, we need to end the narrative of Tennessee basketball being a dumpster fire. #11 most valuable CBB program, per Forbes.

Reactions: 2 people
Quick! A recruiting guru tell me who Barnes was recruiting to Texas. What are the chances we can drag some of them or even all of them to Knoxville?

Y'all are going to love him when he brings in a top 5 recruiting class and hate him when that class never gets past the second round of the tournament. Just how it's been with Rick since 2008. We'll see if it changes here.

If he can keep guys for more than a year that'll help his performance. Hard to fault a guy who loses a top 10 pick every year after just 1 year.

VN Store

Back