Coachery

I took a couple seminars a few years ago taught by a respected and intelligent UT professor (to remain unnamed) who just mangled language, which was even more enhanced by his folksy drawl. Early on I just started writing them down.

Some were just mild pronunciation/grammar stuff:
tired-est (common enough)
spear for sphere
pacific for specific (including pacifically and site-pacific)
sinificant (used it many times, never once pronounced the g)
synomynous (just couldn't get the n and m in the right order)

But I really liked the usage errors and made up words:

“I look at that and I get noxious.”

“You've got all these factors and they're all multiplictic.”

“Fortunately we had the forethight to look ahead.”

“...but I hedge to recommend it.”

“They're a bit more tempetuous.”

The absolute best of all was when he spoke of something we do to make a bad situation worse:
"We exasterbate it."

Pure gold.

Racist imho

giphy.gif

Okay, to be clear, I didn't mean it that way.
Now, that being said, you're response caught me off guard and made me laugh.

Fjmk.gif

So what are everyone's thoughts on letting Steele be the interim coach for the upcoming season while the search plays out? Would prevent a rush to hire that can lead to more Pruitt-ish hires. Plus it would get us through the initial murk of NCAA investigations and on more solid footing in that area. I don't really see anyone right now that would be the slam dunk that everyone here seems to want.

It would set us back 2 years in recruits

Reactions: yabbadabbado
I don't know why we can't just axt the questions?
A lot of denial and error has made the fans cautious about a new search. I figured most would have the Hank of it by now, but a lot haven't come to turns with it.

No coach is good enough for everyone, it's like a civilian war. People shouldn't argue about it, beauty is in the eye when you hold her. We should all calm down and play a few games of bagmitten.

So Campbell is the #1 target and “if” that doesn’t work the coach will be Elliot??

“if” this is how it really is......this is a really good plan.
I find it hard to believe we're going after a big name like Campbell only to have our second option be Elliott. That makes zero sense to me. I firmly believe Elliott is not a viable option and has only been mentioned by people who don't know anything and are just guessing. John Brice is a great reporter, but his "scoop" also mentioned Sony Dykes. We aren't through 5-6 million at a guy like Sonny Dykes.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back