Coachery

I have not heard much of interest. Steele has had meeting with LBs as a group, and complete D as a group. Fulmer involved in both meetings. Pruitt was not. Read that as you wish. If you don’t hear anything new from AD before Monday, Pruitt is your coach. My friend said that the staff doesn’t know the outcome, but most think the university will try to negotiate their way out of Pruitt’s contract using the investigation findings as leverage. This probably means a reduced buyout. Pruitt has other job opportunities as a DC, as other people have noted. My friend says that Plowman sees the coach, the AD and our standard operating procedures as embarrassing. Pruitt’s inability to work with others, form a sentence, or manage people is not ok with her. My friend says she will not hire another candidate who is embarrassing to the university. In his mind, that rules out Freeze and Chadwell. All that noted, Pruitt may still be here Monday. If he is, they’re letting him own the mess he made. Either way, my friend doesn’t think there is any way we’re still in limbo after the long weekend.

I have not heard much of interest. Steele has had meeting with LBs as a group, and complete D as a group. Fulmer involved in both meetings. Pruitt was not. Read that as you wish. If you don’t hear anything new from AD before Monday, Pruitt is your coach. My friend said that the staff doesn’t know the outcome, but most think the university will try to negotiate their way out of Pruitt’s contract using the investigation findings as leverage. This probably means a reduced buyout. Pruitt has other job opportunities as a DC, as other people have noted. My friend says that Plowman sees the coach, the AD and our standard operating procedures as embarrassing. Pruitt’s inability to work with others, form a sentence, or manage people is not ok with her. My friend says she will not hire another candidate who is embarrassing to the university. In his mind, that rules out Freeze and Chadwell. All that noted, Pruitt may still be here Monday. If he is, they’re letting him own the mess he made. Either way, my friend doesn’t think there is any way we’re still in limbo after the long weekend.
Is Pruitt being interviewed today as you noted earlier this week.

I was lazy with my description of Plowman’s take on the situation. Everything I’ve heard says that she is head and shoulders above any chancellor we’ve had in a long time. She is very aware of the value of football to the university. She wants a winner, but also wants someone that can represent the university well, manage people and a staff, and someone who won’t mishandle NCAA regulations. From what I gather, she and Boyd will handle a hire smartly. Neither of them should be held accountable for the decade long disaster we’re experiencing. It isn’t their making.

Last edited:
I’m no insider, but... One of the great BS intros of the forum.

I can share with medium high certainty from a friend who is very inside:

Ansley has done preliminary interviews with pro teams.
Muschamp has interviewed with Pruitt and Fultummy to be DC. May happen. May not.
Chaney does not agree with development trajectory of line or QB. He does not like the amount of cross-training of line, nor their lack of weekly contact or physical regimen. Last year, he intervened and took them over for almost a month. This year he did not. Chaney has spent time with every QB over the last three weeks. He prefers Shrout, but has not liked Weinke’s coaching, or his way of coaching details. Chaney created a simplified playbook and check down scheme, and both Shrout and Bailey did well. Shrout did better. Pruitt is not a fan of Shrout. Something will break here. Also, Chaney has enormous respect for Osovet, but believes he’s being misused. Osovet may go. He’s well liked but a weird fit.
Tee and Pruitt butt heads on WR priorities. Tee is a bit checked out. Tee believes in route specificity, details, and aggressive blocking. He wants receivers to play aggressively like Jennings, and fight CB’s and block. Oddly Pruitt wants speed and height, but fought against overt physicality and high traffic style of last year’s WR’s. Chaney loves passing to the middle, TE drags, and aggressive play against DB’s ala Da’Rick or Juan. Pruitt wants to focus on speed and height, and low risk screens and long routes. Not a fan of back shoulder throws, crossing routes, slants or, TE drags. Hesitant to use slot, and wides over the middle. Many O calls are overridden by Pruitt. Bubble screen with multiple blockers has been called many times by Chaney, overridden by Pruitt, until last night. Chaney is highly adaptable to a variety of head coaching personalities, but is fatigued by Pruitt’s interference in micro-details. If he doesn’t get more control and some staff changes, he might go.

On D, Linebacker body development and technique development has taken a huge step back. Henry T is now too light to hold area, and too slow to cover. Outside LB’s are always caught between run and pass coverage, and are responsible for most blown middle assignments. DB’s are loyal to Ansley, but get mixed signals from him and Pruitt.

Back on O, RB is a happy group. Chaney believes it’s our only fundamental strength. Graham delivers on blocking, ball security, pass patterns and running style. Best position coach on the team. He and Tee are close. They will probably coach together in the future. TE is improving as a group.

Look for Nieds to move, Osovet to move or leave, Ansley to leave, Tee to leave or change role, Graham is looking, Weinke and Friend to leave. Muschamp coming is higher than 50/50, but not by much. Rocker may also return. That’s pure speculation from my friend, but Muschamp believes he’s the best DL coach in D1, and Rocker did not leave here on bad terms.

There is substantial dissatisfaction with Fulmer among a strong group of boosters, and an equally supportive patient group of boosters supporting him. He has everyone in the AD on his side, down to every secretary. He’s supported by Barnes, and key people in state government. Fulmer has support of chancellor and board. While there is some real contempt for Pruitt, it’s highly unlikely that consensus could be formed on firing him. Position coaching changes will happen before holiday break. If there’s a Vanderbilt game, and loss that might be the only straw that could break the camel this year. Otherwise this is the chess board as seen from a friend who sees the show up close.
So basically all the KOI’s are all for Fulmer running the program for thee in the ground and if parts are true regarding Pruitt he’s the issue with overall successs.....low risk screens...another Fulmer trademark.... ridicules.

Reactions: vettefool
I would be surprised to see Muschamp coaching in Knoxville. I do not see how this will not be a cluster this time next year. I think they will add the 4 OOC patsies and win a SEC game or two and tell the fan base, Look we are back. Sorry, ain’t buying it.
Welp. I believe Muschamp was supposed to be the hire instead of Dooley...

Big Update: I hear that Pruitt went straight from interviews regarding NCAA to a meeting with AD, their internal counsel, and his private counsel. Speculation from staff is they are using his testimony to negotiate his buyout.
A little hope is nice. Thank you for little rays of sunshine breaking through the clouds. Not being snarky - seriously, thank you.

Big Update: I hear that Pruitt went straight from interviews regarding NCAA to a meeting with AD, their internal counsel, and his private counsel.
You have a lot of work to do if you want to ever be considered a true Volnation insider. None of your posts are the least bit cryptic. What the hell are you thinking? You have to craft every post into a Nostradamus-like quatrain that can be interpreted a million different ways so that you can claim to be 100% accurate in every prediction no matter what the ultimate outcome is.

You have a lot of work to do if you want to ever be considered a true Volnation insider. None of your posts are the least bit cryptic. What the hell are you thinking? You have to craft every post into a Nostradamus-like quatrain that can be interpreted a million different ways so that you can claim to be 100% accurate in every prediction no matter what the ultimate outcome is.

I threw you a like just because you managed to use the word quatrain.

Needs to attend Beaver’s 2 day workshop!

Curious as to why this would rule out Chadwell?

Past NCAA violations when he was head coach at Charleston Southern.

CSU’s Caldwell suspended for NCAA violation

Charleston Southern has suspended head football coach Jamey Chadwell and an assistant coach in response to a Secondary/Level III NCAA recruiting violation, the school announced Thursday night.
The violation, which was discovered during an internal school investigation, is a result of an impermissible social media contact with prospective student-athletes.
I don't know if Chadwell did this or was considered responsible for his assistant coach. I don't know if there was anything else either.

True dat

Nah, those are just troll moves by people with animals in their username.

VN Store

Back