Coachery

CSU’s Caldwell suspended for NCAA violation

Charleston Southern has suspended head football coach Jamey Chadwell and an assistant coach in response to a Secondary/Level III NCAA recruiting violation, the school announced Thursday night.
The violation, which was discovered during an internal school investigation, is a result of an impermissible social media contact with prospective student-athletes.
I don't know if Chadwell did this or was considered responsible for his assistant coach. I don't know if there was anything else either.
I believe there was also a report of some players that spent "book" money on things other than books while on his watch.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
CSU’s Caldwell suspended for NCAA violation

Charleston Southern has suspended head football coach Jamey Chadwell and an assistant coach in response to a Secondary/Level III NCAA recruiting violation, the school announced Thursday night.
The violation, which was discovered during an internal school investigation, is a result of an impermissible social media contact with prospective student-athletes.
I don't know if Chadwell did this or was considered responsible for his assistant coach. I don't know if there was anything else either.
They also had to forfeit games for using ineligible players. A lot of victories over a year or two.
Charleston Southern had to vacate 18 wins in the 2015/2016 seasons for using multiple ineligible players.

I have not heard much of interest. Steele has had meeting with LBs as a group, and complete D as a group. Fulmer involved in both meetings. Pruitt was not. Read that as you wish. If you don’t hear anything new from AD before Monday, Pruitt is your coach. My friend said that the staff doesn’t know the outcome, but most think the university will try to negotiate their way out of Pruitt’s contract using the investigation findings as leverage. This probably means a reduced buyout. Pruitt has other job opportunities as a DC, as other people have noted. My friend says that Plowman sees the coach, the AD and our standard operating procedures as embarrassing. Pruitt’s inability to work with others, form a sentence, or manage people is not ok with her. My friend says she will not hire another candidate who is embarrassing to the university. In his mind, that rules out Freeze and Chadwell. All that noted, Pruitt may still be here Monday. If he is, they’re letting him own the mess he made. Either way, my friend doesn’t think there is any way we’re still in limbo after the long weekend.
Plowman isn’t the one making the hire. The athletic director who was hired to run the athletic department will be doing that. Plowman and Boyd just give the yes or no.

Plowman isn’t the one making the hire. The athletic director who was hired to run the athletic department will be doing that. Plowman and Boyd just give the yes or no.

I’m sure you’re aware that the boosters, board, president, and chair all have enormous influence on the hire. We didn’t walk up to the edge of Schiano because that was Currie’s brilliant idea. Phil’s leash won’t be too long if there is a search.

Actually if they are controlling who Fulmer interviews and hires, then they are the ones making the hire. Fulmer is just acting in the role of unofficial “middleman” so to speak.

Last edited:
So is it safe to say this piece of breaking news is as strong enough as any piece of evidence to support the interview went well enough to warrant JP staying here? VolQuest - Pruitt, Ansley and Kevin Steele on way to California to meet with Henry T

Curious what your source has to say.

It absolutely did NOT go well. He's just doing his job by going to see Henry T. The job he's only going to have a few more days. He's toast. I know it looks weird but just relax. He's gone.

Reactions: volkayaker
And you know this how?? I will respect @Stoerner Fumbles telling me this.

Believe who you choose to. I don't mean to talk in code or anything. This whole flying to see Henry T. is to keep him from bolting to Bama from the TN side of things. It's basically making the connection between Steele and Henry T. and trying to keep him from leaving.

The thing I am worried about - and it's not that Pruitt is coming back - is that there's about a 30-40% chance IMO that Kevin Steele will be the interim head coach on the sidelines this fall. I still think there's a better chance we wind up with Marrone (who I don't want) or Chadwell (who I would much rather have) than Steele being the interim in the fall though.

Believe who you choose to. I don't mean to talk in code or anything. This whole flying to see Henry T. is to keep him from bolting to Bama from the TN side of things. It's basically making the connection between Steele and Henry T. and trying to keep him from leaving.

The thing I am worried about - and it's not that Pruitt is coming back - is that there's about a 30-40% chance IMO that Kevin Steele will be the interim head coach on the sidelines this fall. I still think there's a better chance we wind up with Marrone (who I don't want) or Chadwell (who I would much rather have) than Steele being the interim in the fall though.
So this right here proves, and no offense, that you have no idea what you're talking about. Henry T. would not bolt from UT to go to Bama knowing he'd probably be 2nd or heck maybe even 3rd string. If he were to bolt UT, it'd be to stay closer to home and start for a Pac-12-10-whatever school. Unless you can provide me with some inside information that isn't found elsewhere, or at least explain why you are so rock solid on JP staying, I cannot believe anything you're saying after that Henry to Bama comment.

Reactions: SockeyeVol

It's hard to imagine a scenario in which a University plans to fire a coach, but sends him as an ambassador on its behalf.

This thread is full of insider info that references how it was gathered. Your post here is the opposite of that. When someone goes through the trouble of placing actual intel here, they usually help us understand its credibility. Your refusal also doesn' t help your case.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
It's hard to imagine a scenario in which a University plans to fire a coach, but sends him as an ambassador on its behalf.

This thread is full of insider info that references how it was gathered. Your post here is the opposite of that. When someone goes through the trouble of placing actual intel here, they usually help us understand its credibility. Your refusal also doesn' t help your case.

I understand and the only thing I will say is that when this is all said and done if I'm wrong it can definitely be referenced forever and ever amen. Same thing if I'm right. I won't post anything else and the results will just speak for themselves, for better or worse as far as my "online street cred" goes. I'm not mad - and I understand why people question everything with so much flying around. But I have been in sports media and in broadcasting for over 20 years. Does that mean I know more than anyone else on here? Probably not. But I'm not coming completely out of left field either. I've been wrong plenty. Who knows, I could be wrong here. But I don't think so.

Last edited:
Reactions: volkayaker
Any new info from the man (or lady) in the know. Did not want to offend.

Any new info from the man (or lady) in the know. Did not want to offend.

a19912e9-6b3f-4a85-8725-9139c65f9e58_text.gif

I have some insight this morning, but talked to my friend prior to the news about Pruitt flying to see Henry T. I can’t confirm anything about that. Nobody shared any details about Pruitt’s interview inside/among the staff. They had two meetings. The first one was with the investigators from
2-5, and a second meeting with AD counsel and Pruitt counsel. My friend thinks they tried to negotiate a reduced buyout. He thinks Pruitt did not accept. He believes that the wrangling isn’t over yet. He said the largest problem is current players, signees, and recruits do not believe they’re being told the truth. They’ve been talked to by Pruitt, Fulmer and their position coaches. The players and parents want clear answers. Students report back to campus next Tuesday. It is the worst possible time for instability. My friend says the whole department is in a haze. They thought a buyout scenario was the most likely outcome. With Pruitt digging in, things are a lot messier. The initial findings report from internal counsel will be shared with the university next week, and NCAA after. That’s all I have for now.

Last edited:
I have some insight this morning, but talked to my friend prior to the news about Pruitt flying to see Henry T. I can’t confirm anything about that. Nobody shared any details about Pruitt’s interview inside/among the staff. They had two meetings. The first one was with the investigators from
2-5, and a second meeting with AD counsel and Pruitt counsel. My friend thinks they tried to negotiate a reduced buyout. He thinks Pruitt did not accept. He believes that the wrangling isn’t over yet. He said the largest problem is current players, signees, and recruits do not believe they’re being told the truth. They’ve been talked to by Pruitt, Fulmer and their position coaches. The players and parents want clear answers. Students report back to campus next Tuesday. It is the word possible time for instability. My friend says the whole department is in a haze. They thought a buyout scenario was the most likely outcome. With Pruitt digging in, things are a lot messier. The initial findings report from internal counsel will be shared with the university next week, and NCAA after. That’s all I have for now.
This is more than anyone else can give, we all appreciate it! I mean I get he turned down a buyout and all, anyone has to respect someone angling to get their full pay--regardless of how we feel about them--but I have to say, a little part of me does respect Pruitt a little bit. To know you're not wanted at your job by, if this is true, both your boss and your fans, and yet you still stick around to do the best you can, there's some respect there. Now, should he take the money and run, definitely! But I see why he wouldn't and can't say I wouldn't do the same if I thought I stood a chance of not getting the axe with cause.

Thanks, it appears that Pruitt thinks he is right, The University thinks their right. Fulmer doesn't want to admit he wasn't right . The players and recruits think they are not being told the truth about who is right and we the fans just know it is all WRONG.

Thanks, it appears that Pruitt thinks he is right, The University thinks their right. Fulmer doesn't want to admit he wasn't right . The players and recruits think they are not being told the truth about who is right and we the fans just know it is all WRONG.
I think you're right....

VN Store

Back