Coachery

On the Henry T situation, this trip has been promised to their family since the hiring of Steele. Finally, My friend said you can reliably read Price as a PR mouthpiece for whatever Pruitt wants out, not as a news source.
min a member over there and the AP emotional connection is disgusting when discussing Pruitt. They won’t wear oral to ball games to be neutral media etc but the live fest from him lately is sickening.

Would you prefer to keep Jeremy Pruitt and let him continue his on-the-job learning? The best case for Pruitt is that he has a speech disorder; however, if he is not speech-disordered, then one must question his literacy and basic intelligence. In this matter alone Steele is his superior.

I'm not convinced that he ever started learning. For example, starting JG time after time and expecting different results.

Did you start a bit early today, maybe?

Welcome to VolNation, btw.
I wish I did, was typing on the phone and didn’t proofread. AP has a big emotional connection to Pruitt and it’s showing in all of his work. Seems to get kissed off at comments about people wanting Pruitt gone or when fans vent about him. Sorry for the f up. This thread is legit by the way.

Anything new or is all quiet ? It is starting to really look more and more like nothing is going to change as far as the HC so we might as well get use to it.

Anything new or is all quiet ? It is starting to really look more and more like nothing is going to change as far as the HC so we might as well get use to it.
I also don’t think anything will change, but most are saying Sunday or early next week (Monday or Tuesday) before the university releases anything. With the time left to signing day and school starting next week, I have a hard time believing they’ll fire him unless they’ve already got their hire ready to go. But let’s be honest, it’s UT so we know they aren’t that prepared.

Reactions: UToverload
I also don’t think anything will change, but most are saying Sunday or early next week (Monday or Tuesday) before the university releases anything. With the time left to signing day and school starting next week, I have a hard time believing they’ll fire him unless they’ve already got their hire ready to go. But let’s be honest, it’s UT so we know they aren’t that prepared.
I’m not sure what will happen but I do think plowman and Boyd are being meticulous about this due to legal ramifications and how this gets played out. Just as mentioned before, if Pruitt is digging his heels in that means our attorneys on It’s side are doing their due diligence. Pruitt is arrogant enough to try and fight this thing even if we going to lose, just to do it. I really can’t stand him and he’s not good enough to be this arrogant.

Reactions: VolNExile
There won’t be a real signing day. We need to keep those spots open for grad transfers.

My friend says that it is not a forgone conclusion that Pruitt will stay. His fate is still tied to the investigation. Glazier et al will present findings to AD this Monday afternoon. Every coach has a plan for their future based on more than one outcome. Felton and Steele are friends. Sounds likely Felton will stay. Nieds gone no matter what. Tee will probably leave if Pruitt stays. Ansley interviewed three times this week. Osovet gone if Pruitt leaves. Garner interviewed Saturday. Likely coming to coach DL. No surprise there. Entire O staff in the dark. Henry T has been silent since visit. Monday/Tuesday seem to be the final days.

Good lord this thing couldn’t take more time. Decision makers have to know what they’re going to do. Just wish they’d do it already. It’s literally made me more apathetic as a fan. Stoerner, keep it coming with the info man. You’re awesome.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
This is my recommendation and I’m a compete nobody in all of this besides being a Vol Fan. Get off the net, go play golf, go hunting, take your family out SOMEWHERE. The crap will work it’s way out, doesn’t mater how much complaining or hand wringing you do it will work it’s way out. As we used to,say in Afghanistan, embrace the suck, regardless what of what that is.

Nobody knows anything. I’m not even sure the people making decisions know what they are going to do. And if that’s the case, Pruitt needs to stay and we do this coaching search next year and handle it properly for once.

I want Freeze but this has turned into another embarrassment for UT due to the administration’s incompetence. If we fire Pruitt and don’t get Freeze this whole fiasco isn’t worth it.

Nobody knows anything. I’m not even sure the people making decisions know what they are going to do. And if that’s the case, Pruitt needs to stay and we do this coaching search next year and handle it properly for once.

I want Freeze but this has turned into another embarrassment for UT due to the administration’s incompetence. If we fire Pruitt and don’t get Freeze this whole fiasco isn’t worth it.
I agree100%. I think Freeze is the answer, whether or not that happens I have no idea. What I do know is that guy can coach and can win. if they stick with JP for 21 and roll those dice we will be all back here next year with the same threads, the money amounts may be different but the threads will be the same.

I agree100%. I think Freeze is the answer, whether or not that happens I have no idea. What I do know is that guy can coach and can win. if they stick with JP for 21 and roll those dice we will be all back here next year with the same threads, the money amounts may be different but the threads will be the same.

We might just need a year to let things cool down, get our bearings straight, get the right people in place to make the move, and then make a strong hire through a clean transition.

It should be Freeze and it should have been done a month ago. Sadly, I have absolutely no faith that this administration will handle anything well. I don’t know another admin as incompetent as ours and it’s why we are in the position we are in. It makes me hate and want to quit on UT until changes are made at the top. It’s actually infuriating

Reactions: ScottyG210
We might just need a year to let things cool down, get our bearings straight, get the right people in place to make the move, and then make a strong hire through a clean transition.

It should be Freeze and it should have been done a month ago. Sadly, I have absolutely no faith that this administration will handle anything well. I don’t know another admin as incompetent as ours and it’s why we are in the position we are in. It makes me hate and want to quit on UT until changes are made at the top. It’s actually infuriating

I really believe with the addition of Steele and if Garner comes and Pruitt does stay 6-6 or 7-5 with a bowl and the occasional 8-4 they are going to be content with. They have no desire to invest the type of money that is needed at this time to buy out a coach and get another one.

With the money coming in from TV and with a average attendance of 80,000 or so they will be fat and sassy. If Pruitt has another 4 or 5 win season then Steele will step in as long as Fulmer is here and as long as those targets are hit here is where we will be.......with more of the same.

For some odd reason I think next year is the year we make a run at Freeze. Given the timing this year, money, buyouts on both sides, churn, anxiety, COVID crap etc. everything is out of whack. Stop the bleeding this year and full court press next year.

For some odd reason I think next year is the year we make a run at Freeze. Given the timing this year, money, buyouts on both sides, churn, anxiety, COVID crap etc. everything is out of whack. Stop the bleeding this year and full court press next year.
I don't think they (the AD) care what the fan base wants as far as what coach we have. I don't think they will go after Freeze because I don't think the boosters are on board with him. They want go after anybody that doesn"t have SEC ties and they want get someone young because of Kiffin and him leaving for his dream job.

UT has to be the "DREAM JOB" for someone because of the pressure they will be under and the booster have to think that they are the safe and cheap hire to even be considered.

Good lord this thing couldn’t take more time. Decision makers have to know what they’re going to do. Just wish they’d do it already. It’s literally made me more apathetic as a fan. Stoerner, keep it coming with the info man. You’re awesome.

I have no doubt the decision makers DO NOT know what they're going to do. Classic TN admin.

I don't think they (the AD) care what the fan base wants as far as what coach we have. I don't think they will go after Freeze because I don't think the boosters are on board with him. They want go after anybody that doesn"t have SEC ties and they want get someone young because of Kiffin and him leaving for his dream job.

UT has to be the "DREAM JOB" for someone because of the pressure they will be under and the booster have to think that they are the safe and cheap hire to even be considered.
I do believe Tennessee is Hugh Freeze’s dream job. I’ve read it in several posts and articles. He may not be the guy everyone wants but I would bet he would be the guy to change this program. Put that guy in orange and the landscape changes overnight. Just my opinion.

Reactions: thistime
This storm peaks tomorrow it seems. I just wanted to share a positive observation on Pruitt. My friend isn’t a fan, based on the rough experience his neighbor has had working for Pruitt. That said, now may be a good moment to log a few things: Pruitt has been a player’s coach, to a fault. He feeds the players at his house, knows what they’re going through, knows if family members are sick. He helps them transfer, if that is the path they choose, and he spends lots of time helping them think through big decisions. He tells them the truth. They genuinely earn spots in practice. He meets with them individually more than a head coach normally does. He’s earned player loyalty, by being on their side. That includes during this investigation. While he’s been under the spotlight, he hasn’t quit focusing on them. He’s called every player to explain that they should remain committed to UT no matter what happens. He flew to see Henry T, and Q, and has had many many phone calls with players and parents. Pruitt is not a good manager of people (coaches). He has probably meddled more than is healthy. He isn’t a great PR guy. He’s also been caught in the middle of some material violations, and probably can’t claim he didn’t know. Whether he stays or goes, this isn’t going to be pretty. Some big mistakes have been made. That said, he was loyal to the players 24 hours a day, and he never stopped doing his job. I don’t think the things we’ll learn from this investigation are going to make us happy as fans, but I have to credit the guy for remembering his commitment to those kids. I can say with some confidence that no one knows his fate. When the summary report is given to the university, it will be the first time the full body of facts have been shared. Let’s all hope the best for the university and the team. Oddly, as I’ve heard more, I don’t know that the administration could’ve done this much differently. They can’t make a decision until they hear the facts, and they can’t discuss the case. Hiring Steele may prove to be smart. I can guarantee that many of the players will be very hurt if Pruitt goes. Onwards...

Last edited:
This storm peaks tomorrow it seems. I just wanted to share a positive observation on Pruitt. My friend isn’t a fan, based on the rough experience his neighbor has had working for Pruitt. That said, now may be a good moment to log a few things: Pruitt has been a player’s coach, to a fault. He feeds the players at his house, knows what they’re going through, knows if family members are sick. He helps them transfer, if that is the path they choose, and he spends lots of time helping them think through big decisions. He’s earned player loyalty, by being on their side. That includes during this investigation. While he’s been under the spotlight, he hasn’t quit focusing on them. He’s called every player to explain that they should remain committed to UT no matter what happens. He flew to see Henry T, and Q, and has had many many phone calls with players and parents. Pruitt is not a good manager of people (coaches). He has probably meddled more than is healthy. He isn’t a great PR guy. He’s also been caught in the middle of some material violations, and probably can’t claim he didn’t know. Whether he stays or goes, this isn’t going to be pretty. Some big mistakes have been made. That said, he was loyal to the players 24 hours a day, and he never stopped doing his job. I don’t think the things we’ll learn from this investigation are going to make us happy as fans, but I have to credit the guy for remembering his commitment to those kids. I can say with some confidence that no one knows his fate. When the summary report is given to the university, it will be the first time the full body of facts have been shared. Let’s all hope the best for the university and the team. Oddly, as I’ve heard more, I don’t know that the administration could’ve done this much differently. They can’t make a decision until they hear the facts, and they can’t discuss the case. Hiring Steele may prove to be smart. I can guarantee that many of the players will be very hurt if Pruitt goes. Onwards...
Regardless of what we feel about the coaches as professionals, I do always feel for the guys as human beings and their families. I may think he sucks as a coach, but I definitely have never questioned him as a decent human being. As always, I appreciate your willingness to share whatever information you come by!

This storm peaks tomorrow it seems. I just wanted to share a positive observation on Pruitt. My friend isn’t a fan, based on the rough experience his neighbor has had working for Pruitt. That said, now may be a good moment to log a few things: Pruitt has been a player’s coach, to a fault. He feeds the players at his house, knows what they’re going through, knows if family members are sick. He helps them transfer, if that is the path they choose, and he spends lots of time helping them think through big decisions. He tells them the truth. They genuinely earn spots in practice. He meets with them individually more than a head coach normally does. He’s earned player loyalty, by being on their side. That includes during this investigation. While he’s been under the spotlight, he hasn’t quit focusing on them. He’s called every player to explain that they should remain committed to UT no matter what happens. He flew to see Henry T, and Q, and has had many many phone calls with players and parents. Pruitt is not a good manager of people (coaches). He has probably meddled more than is healthy. He isn’t a great PR guy. He’s also been caught in the middle of some material violations, and probably can’t claim he didn’t know. Whether he stays or goes, this isn’t going to be pretty. Some big mistakes have been made. That said, he was loyal to the players 24 hours a day, and he never stopped doing his job. I don’t think the things we’ll learn from this investigation are going to make us happy as fans, but I have to credit the guy for remembering his commitment to those kids. I can say with some confidence that no one knows his fate. When the summary report is given to the university, it will be the first time the full body of facts have been shared. Let’s all hope the best for the university and the team. Oddly, as I’ve heard more, I don’t know that the administration could’ve done this much differently. They can’t make a decision until they hear the facts, and they can’t discuss the case. Hiring Steele may prove to be smart. I can guarantee that many of the players will be very hurt if Pruitt goes. Onwards...
He sounds alot like Muschamp.

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles

VN Store

Back