Coachery

Pruitt and Fulmer meeting with two starting OL and zooming with parents. Trying to prevent either/both from entering portal. Things aren’t good.
With the recent news of Wanya Morris, you have officially certified yourself as an insider. I appreciate your willingness to share what you know with us.

I’m definitely not an insider, and my usefulness will probably expire with the departure of this staff. Glad I’ve been able to hear some early buzz and share it.
You have gotten closer to the truth than anyone I have seen on here in quite a while and for that alone I would like to thank you. Everybody thinks they know somebody in the know but with you my friend it appears you actually do.

Any new REAL info?[/QUOTE
I don’t know anything that hasn’t been shared elsewhere. Steele and AD are working on terms for him to join staff, but I have no idea how that puzzle piece fits. Pruitt still scheduled to complete his two interviews Tuesday and Wednesday. I’ll share anything else as I hear it.

I don't know where Steele is going, but I know we had a former Notre Dame OC on our staff in an analyst position. FWIW. Sky's the limit. Or the cellar.

@Stoerner Fumbles, I know you mentioned you haven’t heard anything aside from what’s been posted in other threads, but I’m curious if you can reach out and grab an answer to this question...
IF JP is getting the axe, what’s the logic behind hiring Steele?
(And if the answer is something around “it’s looking to be Steele as next HC”, then it’s obvious TN hasn’t learned their lesson.)

Reactions: De La Cloobs
Latest: This is second and third hand. So give it just that credence. Pruitt was supposed to interview Tuesday/Wednesday. Pushed due to Steele negotiations/OL interviews. Now will interview Thursday. Standard protocol of an outside party investigation is that coach goes last. While witnesses are instructed to not discuss their interviews, they do. Pruitt will know what others have said before he talks. It will be hard for him to avoid the hard data they have. There are cash debit cards, burner phones, common terms texted among those in the circle of the violations. In addition to our own staff testimony, including those who’ve left over disagreements, there is testimony from current and past players, past coaches, past recruits, other SEC coaches, parents, and an outside facilitator of the violations. There is little doubt that level one and two violations occurred. If Pruitt were to lie, he’d be fired for cause on the spot. If he tells the truth, he’ll be admitting to violations, and could be fired for cause. Here’s where it gets sticky. The loyalty of current (especially defensive) players to Pruitt is off the charts. There are 8-12 players (and their families) on that side of the ball that are lock step with their head coach. The AD wants to be able to say they were forced to fire him if they fire him. They want it to be black and white and irrefutable. They also want to have a calming force on that side of the ball to talk to families if they let Pruitt go (Steele). In addition to the loyal players, there are also loyal signees and loyal recruits (and their families). Repeat the same logic for them. PF has told many with a straight face that UT won’t fire Pruitt unless they are “forced” to. That’s his chess move. He’s not in control of Pruitt’s fate. Pruitt is. Remember that Pruitt has the best agent in the business, good attorneys, and the benefit of anything he learned from others. He isn’t going to testify without a lot of firepower on his side. As for the leak of the investigation, look to one of the oldest Vols in the family. Hiring Steele is both things at once. If they keep Pruitt, he’s a great LB coach and mentor. If Pruitt goes, he’s a stabilizing force, good recruiter, and trusted confidant of Fulmer. If anyone tells you they know that he’s being fired, they don’t know. To stay, Pruitt will have to thread the needle tomorrow. If he tells the truth, and packages just right, they might let him sit in his own puddle, rather than try to get a new coach to take over in the midst of an investigation. Remember that we’re still in the internal phase. The NCAA version will take months going forward. When I asked my friend if Steele was an LB coach, a future DC or an interim HC?, he said “exactly”. Two more OL coaches interview today. Regardless of the outcome, there will be more staff turnover. Who leaves will depend on who stays. Needless to say, Nieds probably won’t be coaching in college for awhile. All of this is exactly third hand. Take it for that. It comes from someone who is close to all the meetings, but not in all of them, relayed to a friend, and relayed to me. Some accuracy could be lost in translation. I’m getting more and more hesitant to share as the outcome is about to affect the school, individuals and their careers, and families. There is a lot of color commentary I’m not sharing that involves personal behavior. Suffice it to say, the whole thing feels rotten. The accounts I’ve heard don’t make anyone look good, with the exception of some of the assistants who’ve been loyal to the university while being thrown under the bus. My friend says the investigation is MONTHS from complete, but there will be a decision on the fate of the HC before next Monday. I might share some other things after getting some clarity. Weigh all this as gossip, and make your own judgments on people as more facts come to light.

Last edited:
Latest: This is second and third hand. So give it just that credence. Pruitt was supposed to interview Tuesday/Wednesday. Pushed due to Steele negotiations/OL interviews. Now will interview Thursday. Standard protocol of an outside party investigation is that coach goes last. While witnesses are instructed to not discuss their interviews, they do. Pruitt will know what others have said before he talks. It will be hard for him to avoid the hard data they have. There are cash debit cards, burner phones, common terms texted among those in the circle of the violations. In addition to our own staff testimony, including those who’ve left over disagreements, there is testimony from current and past players, past coaches, past recruits, other SEC coaches, parents, and an outside facilitator of the violations. There is little doubt that level one and two violations occurred. If Pruitt were to lie, he’d be fired for cause on the spot. If he tells the truth, he’ll be admitting to violations, and could be fired for cause. Here’s where it gets sticky. The loyalty of current (especially defensive) players to Pruitt is off the charts. There are 8-12 players (and their families) on that side of the ball that are lock step with their head coach. The AD wants to be able to say they were forced to fire him if they fire him. They want it to be black and white and irrefutable. They also want to have a calming force on that side of the ball to talk to families if they let Pruitt go (Steele). In addition to the loyal players, there are also loyal signees and loyal recruits (and their families). Repeat the same logic for them. PF has told many with a straight face that UT won’t fire Pruitt unless they are “forced” to. That’s his chess move. He’s not in control of Pruitt’s fate. Pruitt is. Remember that Pruitt has the best agent in the business, good attorneys, and the benefit of anything he learned from others. He isn’t going to testify without a lot of firepower on his side. As for the leak of the investigation, look to one of the oldest Vols in the family. Hiring Steele is both things at once. If they keep Pruitt, he’s a great LB coach and mentor. If Pruitt goes, he’s a stabilizing force, good recruiter, and trusted confidant of Fulmer. If anyone tells you they know that he’s being fired, they don’t know. To stay, Pruitt will have to thread the needle tomorrow. If he tells the truth, and packages just right, they might let him sit in his own puddle, rather than try to get a new coach to take over in the midst of an investigation. Remember that we’re still in the internal phase. The NCAA version will take months going forward. When I asked my friend if Steele was an LB coach, a future DC or an interim HC?, he said “exactly”. Two more OL coaches interview today. Regardless of the outcome, there will be more staff turnover. Who leaves will depend on who stays. Needless to say, Nieds probably won’t be coaching in college for awhile. All of this is exactly third hand. Take it for that. It comes from someone who is close to all the meetings, but not in all of them, relayed to a friend, and relayed to me. Some accuracy could be lost in translation. I’m getting more and more hesitant to share as the outcome is about to affect the school, individuals and their careers, and families. There is a lot of color commentary I’m not sharing that involves personal behavior. Suffice it to say, the whole thing feels rotten. The accounts I’ve heard don’t make anyone look good, with the exception of some of the assistants who’ve been loyal to the university while being thrown under the bus. My friend says the investigation is MONTHS from complete, but there will be a decision on the fate of the HC before next Monday. I might share some other things after getting some clarity. Weigh all this as gossip, and make your own judgments on people as more facts come to light.
Interesting. However it plays out, you can be sure that Lord Phillip Littlefinger of House Fulmer will find a way to survive. If any of what you say is true, he's already given Pruitt enough rope to hang himself, and won't be at fault for anything. Well, almost anything. He still hired that fool.

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
Sounds like Pruitt might scoot by because he knows what cards to play. Also, sounds like everyone knows he had his hands in shady dealings. His days are numbered. The damage to the team and program have been done.

I hope we don't just stick with Steele as the interim or coach in waiting. If we are smart, we are slowly setting everything up to bring in Freeze. Either soon, or at some point next season.

Whether your info pans out or not you have been right on the money so far and I think you for keeping us updated when the insiders have been doing very little either by lack of knowledge or refusing to tell whats happening.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, at this point you're the only person I trust and keep coming to this thread daily to see if you've updated us on anything.

Anyone, or even you, care to enlighten me to who the "oldest Vols in the family" could be? Not sure I follow that one, unless you're referring to Condredge, but I don't even know if he's still involved in the athletic department.

Thanks for the update, at this point you're the only person I trust and keep coming to this thread daily to see if you've updated us on anything.

Anyone, or even you, care to enlighten me to who the "oldest Vols in the family" could be? Not sure I follow that one, unless you're referring to Condredge, but I don't even know if he's still involved in the athletic department.
It’s the same source as the Albert Means leak.

It’s the same source as the Albert Means leak.
Again, you have me lost. I know about the Means story and I've looked into it further, but our only connection is Fulmer. So, are you trying to say Fulmer leaked this? If so, I'm not sure I can agree with you on that point. Everything else you've been spot on with, but that one is a bit too far fetched.

I'm pretty dejected with this Steele news. I knew it was a longshot, but I was holding out hope one last time that we'd move on from Pruitt. Seems pretty clear at this point that Phil is digging his heels in with Pruitt, which begs the freaking question on why in the world we conducted such a very public investigation of our own program if this wasn't a hunt for dirt to fire Pruitt. Absolutely ridiculous to bring that negative perception on our program if it wasn't for a good reason.

Tennessee Football is truly hopeless.

If they don't want to keep Pruitt as HC, but also don't want to fire him, is there any chance the demote him to DC and put Steele in as interim?

VN Store

Back