Coachery

I don't want to loose site of the coaching search, but does anybody have any idea why so many players are entering the transfer portolet? I realize it's a doggy dog world out there, but I cannot turn a blonde eye to this. I guess when supply and command fails, this is the result.

My guess is a lot of them were recipients of the Big Mac$.

Well known insider on 247 Bob Vols says we missed on our #1 candidate. Also says he believes it was Franklin but doesn’t know for sure. Damn

Find me a program that was in as bad shape as Tennessee that hired a sitting head coach and he was successful. Don’t say Saban. Shula left him plenty of talent.
I mean we still should have plenty of talent.

Look at how competitive stupid Missouri is! Their recruiting classes are in the 40's every year!

UVA under Bronco Mendenhall took Florida to the wire last year in the orange bowl with recruiting classes in the 50's.

We can be competitive next year with the right guy and QB.

Reactions: kcvols1
Our team is and for the foreseeable future will be facing a talent deficit compared to about half of the SEC. In order to compete and win we have to face that fact and play a non traditional SEC style of play. We cannot expect to line em up and go full slobberknocker with them.

We need a coach who is willing and able to develop an airborne quick of foot offense and a defense that uses their noggins.

For what it's worth, I think Franklin would consider it. His talent isn't that great right now at PSU, less magic than when he arrived, he lived in and coached in Nashville so he has contacts in the south. He knows the people here in the South - his wife probably liked it here better - it gives him a clean slate and a fresh start - definately a win for him - I could easily see him being someone who would entertain it.

Reactions: Perspective
What’s the latest? I’m at work and can’t scroll through the pages
Nothing visible happened today on the actual coaching hunt. Quiet as the grave.

Meanwhile, the press tossed a whole lot of names around, proving that none of them--not even Chris Low--seem to have a source under the new, tighter, Danny White modus operandi.

We should all get some sleep. Maybe big announcement tomorrow.

Reactions: Boogievol
For what it's worth, I think Franklin would consider it. His talent isn't that great right now at PSU, less magic than when he arrived, he lived in and coached in Nashville so he has contacts in the south. He knows the people here in the South - his wife probably liked it here better - it gives him a clean slate and a fresh start - definately a win for him - I could easily see him being someone who would entertain it.
It makes a lot of sense from both sides, but I’m a Vol fan haha.

It would be a statement. He would have us right there with Smart and Mullen

I’m going to give you my best read on this based on a good deal of inference. Im not getting this from my friend or his sources, but I’m connecting dots. I think we made a big offer to Franklin or Campbell last night. I think it got very close, but probably didn’t happen. That deal has been in the works for weeks. I believe it failed due to investigation.

I believe they flew to a neutral location today, met three candidates, and settled on one.

My friend has talked about Elliot and his relationships to players and coaches here since we hired DW. I think DW has a high degree of comfort with him. That said, I think boosters and and chancellor prefer an HC. That may have pushed us to choice 3.

I believe my friend that we have a deal. I believe we missed on 1. I genuinely hope it’s 2, and they bent to let him hire a coordinator. If we get to 3, I don’t like the choice I’ve heard, but they are current HC’s.
This is all conjecture.

I’m going to give you my best read on this based on a good deal of inference. Im not getting this from my friend or his sources, but I’m connecting dots. I think we made a big offer to Franklin or Campbell last night. I think it got very close, but probably didn’t happen. That deal has been in the works for weeks. I believe it failed due to investigation.

I believe they flew to a neutral location today, met three candidates, and settled on one.

My friend has talked about Elliot and his relationships to players and coaches here since we hired DW. I think DW has a high degree of comfort with him. That said, I think boosters and and chancellor prefer an HC. That may have pushed us to choice 3.

I believe my friend that we have a deal. I believe we missed on 1. I genuinely hope it’s 2, and they bent to let him hire a coordinator. If we get to 3, I don’t like the choice I’ve heard, but they are current HC’s.
This is all conjecture.

So basically the Tennessee way.

This is all conjecture.

Suuuure

Reactions: 66volfan
If TN wanted to go big - and wanted to hire "the man"... and didn't pony up and find a way to give "the man" what he needed to want to come here. huh... then maybe we aren't learning.

If I guy says he wants $10mil a year. Is he worth it? If not, he's not your guy. If he is... get the money together - make a deal that gets him compensation outside of the yearly - get First Horizon, Clayton, Pilot, Papa John's, Farm Bureau, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN and freakin' Eddie's Corner Store ... etc, etc, etc... on board - get that man some overpaid PR/Salesman gigs and get his yearly intake to $10mil. - make him say "yes".

roof... I hope all of this "missed #1" is just hot air. That would not be the new start we all hoped for.

It's probably Sonny Dykes. I listened to the Chris low interview this afternoon and he was definitely pushing Dykes and carrying on about how it doesn't matter what the fans think. I would much prefer Elliot, I don't think Dykes will recruit well and his gimmicky offense won't work in the SEC.

VN Store

Back