Coachery

I do not think our insiders have a true clue to who White has talked to or who he is going to hire and who he has hired. I remain confident that we are going to get a quality coach, I am not buying alot of what we are hearing and not taking any of it as the gospel for sure. White pretty much said not to listen to speculation. No matter what we have a top notch AD now, I see some saying maybe this AD is in over his head my advice is wait until the actual hire before you go down that road. Not so fast my friends. GBO!

I do not think our insiders have a true clue to who White has talked to or who he is going to hire and who he has hired. I remain confident that we are going to get a quality coach, I am not buying alot of what we are hearing and not taking any of it as the gospel for sure. White pretty much said not to listen to speculation. No matter what we have a top notch AD now, I see some saying maybe this AD is in over his head my advice is wait until the actual hire before you go down that road. Not so fast my friends. GBO!
Not AD's fault if no one wants this shat job.

Totally agree.

He may become a great coach but this isn’t what I’d call a proven winner. Seems like White just bringing his buddy up with him. If true it’s a big letdown. There are better options out there, Herman, Malzahn, Chadwell . Heupel. Should be further down the list.

How do we know nobody wants it. In fact nobody has even said they directly turned down a offer. A few may have put it out there they weren't interested, but that doesn't mean they were offered. All speculation. GBO!
That's not the way any of this works. You don't get public "we offered and they said no." It's why Dooley was our number one choice. So was Butch. It's all behind the scenes talking. Have we officially offered anyone? No.

Reactions: Perspective
Average doesn’t mean anything. It’s the trend downward in 3 consecutive years since Frost left.
Heupel is not maintaining what was left for him.
It’s not rocket science, Come on Man!
I see what you're saying, but 3rd season was/is Covid. It impacted everyone. Heck, Franklin started the season 0-5 and Harbaugh was 2-4 for their entire season of six games. Only 5 SEC teams finished over .500. Six wins in 2020 would get third in the SEC East, tie 5th in the Conference.

That's not the way any of this works. You don't get public "we offered and they said no." It's why Dooley was our number one choice. So was Butch. It's all behind the scenes talking. Have we officially offered anyone? No.

Okay hot shot, how do you know that anyone was offered or said “no”?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
He literally said "some of you think this AD is in over his head." Contours to say we should wait in see. The obvious implication is that if it is Huepel then our AD may in fact be over his head. I am saying that's not necessarily the case. How is this difficult?

I see you don't read well. Part of what He is saying that a competent AD wouldn't land on this hire. That's not true necessarily.
No that is not what I was saying, I was saying I have confidence in White and do not think that any of these reporters know who we truly have talked to and nobody as said that we offered and they turned us down. That has not been confirmed in any case that I know of. Nobody knows anything except his inner circle. I truly believe the media is guessing at most everything right now. GBO!

No that is not what I was saying, I was saying I have confidence in White and do not think that any of these reporters no who we truly have talked to and nobody as said that we offered and they turned us down. That has not been confirmed in any case that I know of. Nobody knows anything except his inner circle. I truly believe the media is guessing at most everything right now. GBO!
But if it is Josh is he in over his head? Would those who feel that way now be justified?

But if it is Josh is he in over his head? Would those who feel that way now be justified?
What I am saying as of TODAY I am still in the belief that White will land us a good coach. If he took him I must say I would be very skeptical, but I would let it play out before making a total judgment. I don't think Josh was a bad hire when he made it at ucf, that doesn't mean he is the best fit for UT. But the end results is what matters. But for the record I highly doubt he is truly in the running but that is just my opinion. I think White is shooting higher than that!

Reactions: Herman Hickman
Nobody knows. And nobody on either side is going to say they were. Do you think our first phone call was Dooley back in the day? Same with Butch?

And that his point...and I think it is a very valid one at that. He and I are of the ilk that operate based on reality (i.e., facts). And the reality is that there is no factual evidence that any candidate has even been offered the job...and none that any candidate has turned down the job. We don’t even know if White has even conducted the first interview.

There is only wild speculation and crazy theories floating around. Feel free to take those at face value all you want...but I’ll pass.

And if it is in fact Heupel, I won’t be overly jazzed about it, but I would give him a chance just like any other coach.

Not AD's fault if no one wants this shat job.

Well, yes. In the end, it is. It is precisely the AD's job to make people WANT this job. Be a kingmaker. Be a problem solver. Be a wizard. That is why AD's are hired for big money.

That's literally the only thing that he absolutely has to do for the next 365 days. He'd have a lot of time to hobnob and party if he'd get in done in the next 3.

Integrity, integrity, integrity. I get it. So most of us are all blowing off some candidates we might really like to see based on integrity. Perhaps that is why we hired the search firm to assist in the coach search. I am of the understanding that UT is having the Parker firm do 100% of the vetting of potential coaches. This could serve us well. If Parker is the one telling us that Coach X has proper rehabilitated himself since past transgressions, who are we to disagree. We are the one paying them for their expert analysis. Doubt this theory has any true legs, but it would be awesome if they actually applied some good hiring strategy.

Reactions: 16thStreetVol
Well, yes. In the end, it is. It is precisely the AD's job to make people WANT this job. Be a kingmaker. Be a problem solver. Be a wizard. That is why AD's are hired for big money.

That's literally the only thing that he absolutely has to do for the next 365 days. He'd have a lot of time to hobnob and party if he'd get in done in the next 3.

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve seen today and there have been a lot. Congrats.

And that his point...and I think it is a very valid one at that. He and I are of the ilk that operate based on reality (i.e., facts). And the reality is that there is no factual evidence that any candidate has even been offered the job...and none that any candidate has turned down the job. We don’t even know if White has even conducted the first interview.

There is only wild speculation and crazy theories floating around. Feel free to take those at face value all you want...but I’ll pass.

And if it is in fact Heupel, I won’t be overly jazzed about it, but I would give him a chance just like any other coach.
And that's fine. We will know if this is BS by lunch tomorrow. I am simply pointing out that if it is him it doesn't mean the AD screwed the pooch. It more then likely means this program is in the garbage for at least a few years. Radioactive to anyone else.

And that's fine. We will know if this is BS by lunch tomorrow. I am simply pointing out that if it is him it doesn't mean the AD screwed the pooch. It more then likely means this program is in the garbage for at least a few years. Radioactive to anyone else.

I agree with you on the AD part. As for the next few years, I wouldn’t begin to speculate no matter who is hired. It is an uphill climb for anyone.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I am aware of that I also know the reporting that goes on during these searches is many times way off and is proven to have been way off when the AD talks about the process at the press conference. Many of them get information but many times it's either way behind or flat out misdirection info. Just because the minnesota papers run a story saying Fleck is not interested in tennessee doesn't automatically say they offered him the job. I just used that as a example. And these reports that come out I am hearing so and so, and then the next they are hearing another so and so doesn't mean they offered or if it is even true. More times then not it's just a educated guess. GBO!

Reactions: volfan8

VN Store

Back