Coachery

Let me think .......12 wins to 6 wins in two years.! Yeah I think that qualifies as regression👍

You make it sound like we are, as a program, at a place where we can just pick our coach. The idiotic thought that we could just dump money at a coach and he will come is gone. We are gonna get punished.

Heupel is a good coach who would do good here I think.

Reactions: RobertPellitt
You make it sound like we are, as a program, at a place where we can just pick our coach. The idiotic thought that we could just dump money at a coach and he will come is gone. We are gonna get punished.

Heupel is a good coach who would do good here I think.
Way down the list IMO. Maybe like 15-20. We would be better off to keep Steele.

My coping mechanisms are kicking in.

If true, Danny White must feel super ****ing confident in Heupel. White has been around D1 athletics all his life, and he knows every detail about UCF and how Heupel has done.

It’s about as informed decision as you can get. When asking is UCF’s slide circumstantial, or a reflection of Heupel, White should know best.

My only concern is personal relationships can cloud judgment. In some ways JH is White’s guy. Is he a little blind to flaws or mistakes?

**** it, I’m still hoping it’s leveraging our top target

Reactions: RTGA
Dude, White has a 50 million dollar contract to hand out and 12 million a year to hand out to staff. Not to mention he’s a fund raising monster. He’s not about to go hire some garbage candidate. If he couldn’t get his home run hire with that money because of potential NCAA sanctions he’d roll with Steele for a year. I still think we’re getting someone massive for this program. Campbell till it aint

Dude, White has a 50 million dollar contract to hand out and 12 million a year to hand out to staff. Not to mention he’s a fund raising monster. He’s not about to go hire some garbage candidate. If he couldn’t get his home run hire with that money because of potential NCAA sanctions he’d roll with Steele for a year. I still think we’re getting someone massive for this program. Campbell till it aint

I think you are going to need multiple wellness checks after the actual announcement.

9 wins per season. Not bad if we're just going to look at 2 seasons. If he could get us that 9 win/yr average, that means we're getting some wins against and competing with the Big Three (Bama, GA, FL).
Average doesn’t mean anything. It’s the trend downward in 3 consecutive years since Frost left.
Heupel is not maintaining what was left for him.
It’s not rocket science, Come on Man!

Reactions: volkayaker
Flame away, but whatever we think is the worst possible outcome for us, I just assume we will find a new way to make it even worse. I'm not a negavol or posivol about anything, I'm just going on what we have experienced since 2008. If there is a way to screw everything up, we will find it and expand on it. Nothing would make me happier than being proven wrong. But until I see otherwise, I will just assume the worst. I'll always be a fan and love my alma mater, nothing will ever change that. But I'm in prove we are serious or shut up mode with the Admin, boosters, and AD.

VN Store

Back