Coach Rocker

If these people you speak of are a coworker, your best friend's brother in law, somebody you conversed with at Waffle House, or guys waiting their turn at the barber shop, that is no reason to open a thread about it.
It's been brought up on VN more than a few times. Not as much recently. Don't recall a specific thread on it but just posted in other threads.

I think I saw it on the RockytopInsider site in the 'Mailbag' questions. They mentioned Pruitt was considering some coach changes after the season due to a lack of recruiting successes. Not sure if they have any inside sources or just rumors.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
That’s what I’m thinking. His position group has shown the most improvement of any on the team this year.

The whole D started to improve as a unit starting with Bama game. Some of the D guys who were behind began to catch up and gave the D line a little depth. McCollough has been solid and gave us depth where needed and Shamburger became a different player. I'll just say that the coaching finally got through and now we need to keep that coaching in place for stability for next few years.

I think I saw it on the RockytopInsider site in the 'Mailbag' questions. They mentioned Pruitt was considering some coach changes after the season due to a lack of recruiting successes. Not sure if they have any inside sources or just rumors.
Tosh Lapoi is an awesome recruiter. Personally, I’d replace sheerer but that’s CJP’s boy.

That’s what I’m thinking. His position group has shown the most improvement of any on the team this year.

The whole D started to improve as a unit starting with Bama game. Some of the D guys who were behind began to catch up and gave the D line a little depth. McCollough has been solid and gave us depth where needed and Shamburger became a different player. I'll just say that the coaching finally got through and now we need to keep that coaching in place for stability for next few years.
The lack of recruiting wins have people looking to replace him. But he is producing with smoke and mirrors. Raise your hand if you thought #48 Blakely - with 2 career tackles - would make the key play on the 4th and goal. I heard no less than 10 defensive lineman had a solo or assisted tackle last night.

These guys and getting better each week, and at a certain point that matters to our recruiting targets.

Let me also add that Bumphass, Kivon, Garland, Blakely have really started to come on. These guys need recognition for their improvement and contribution to the depth of our D line.

Anyone know a consistent source that indicates which coach is pursuing certain players? 247 only shows it 10% of the time. Interested in who Rocker is pursuing but also Neids..

Let me also add that Bumphass, Kivon, Garland, Blakely have really started to come on. These guys need recognition for their improvement and contribution to the depth of our D line.
It's Bumpazz...😉

Tosh Lapoi is an awesome recruiter. Personally, I’d replace sheerer but that’s CJP’s boy.

Alabama and Clemson and others get great player recruits but its all about the development. Some recruits come in game ready for those teams.
This doesn't mean we won't have the same kind of stud players. If we recruit talent it only means ours will only take a year of so longer and after a few years of recruiting and red shirting we will be on the same level they are.

Reactions: tbones0711
The lack of recruiting wins have people looking to replace him. But he is producing with smoke and mirrors. Raise your hand if you thought #48 Blakely - with 2 career tackles - would make the key play on the 4th and goal. I heard no less than 10 defensive lineman had a solo or assisted tackle last night.

These guys and getting better each week, and at a certain point that matters to our recruiting targets.
As much as they ran, everyone should have had a tackle. They had the ball 45mins. That's 3 quarters of running

Reactions: 08Vol
Anyone know a consistent source that indicates which coach is pursuing certain players? 247 only shows it 10% of the time. Interested in who Rocker is pursuing but also Neids..
Good question. My understanding was that recruiting is more by region than by position group. I don’t think Rocker was either primary or secondary for Hardy.

Good question. My understanding was that recruiting is more by region than by position group. I don’t think Rocker was either primary or secondary for Hardy.
Yeah, I just read Sherrer was his primary but Rocker had no relationship with Hardy which is a problem if said recruit is going to play for him. Dude need a smart phone or something?

Reactions: 08Vol
UK had a bye week and put some new stuff in. Plus they were much more rested than us. They definitely had their way early.
Also they started with a package that spread us out at 1st and we didn't have time to adjust properly because the offense had two quick 3 and outs to start the game. UT's biggest problem is the offense starting slow. The defense has been there especially as the games go on.

Reactions: Tstormtrooper
As much as they ran, everyone should have had a tackle. They had the ball 45mins. That's 3 quarters of running
Yeah when that happens you have to hope you have more DLine depth than they do OLine depth. A lot of folks were expecting a LOS battle and that's basically what it came down to. Bear in mind they are older and more experienced than both UT's lines.

ANYONE thinking we need to get rid of Rocker is just flat out STUPID!!!!

Reactions: Lurker
I'm not if that mindset. It is interesting to chat about what ifs like Tosh or wonder about recruiting etc

I said nothing about Tosh Lupoi...I have no doubt that he would be an asset at Tennessee.
I said nothing about the value of discussion....or the value of recruiting.

It's just amazing to me how some folks twist statements to suit themselves.

To be clear--I said what I said because ROCKER's DL are arguably THE MOST IMPROVED group on the field.
It was the guy HE COACHES who saved the game against KY on the goal line stand!!!
Get rid of him??? STUPID!

It's been brought up on VN more than a few times. Not as much recently. Don't recall a specific thread on it but just posted in other threads.

So what? Nobody here has any more power in the decision making process than the examples I listed.

So what? Nobody here has any more power in the decision making process than the examples I listed.
Like everything else it's just an opinion that got posted. What good is an opinion forum if no one posts their opinions? You don't have to like or agree with them. I just like to read 'em.

VN Store

Back