Coach Kelly Likely To Take Maryland DC position

Interestingly, for a season that was less than we hoped for (though probably a reasonable outcome considering the horses we had), the coaches we are losing are all moving up. So SOMEBODY thinks our coaching staff is pretty good actually.

ESPN reported Lyle staying at Bama as well. Hope he poisons the well over there.
Thanks for the heads up.... but I am 100 percent certain that I read he was leaving with their former OC to goto Maryland.

WIKI still says he is coaching at Maryland. This must have just broken.

Thanks for keeping me in line.

How unusual is it to have more offensive assistant coaches (6) than defensive assistant coaches (4)?

It makes sense. The offense needs all the help it can get. Having a trusted, veteran OC like CJC would definitely allow CJP the ability to focus on the defense.

Who would be the special teams coach?

Last edited:
Reactions: sport3500
Thanks for the heads up.... but I am 100 percent certain that I read he was leaving with their former OC to goto Maryland.

WIKI still says he is coaching at Maryland. This must have just broken.

Thanks for keeping me in line.
There was a weird update post from Locksley that they had been talking, but nothing had been finalized. I read this here maybe 2, 2 1/2 weeks ago?

Locksley seemed to be backing off, although it was hard to interpret.

--oh, here we go:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...s-butch-jones-standing-on-his-maryland-staff/

Sort of an "I never had sex with that woman" statement.

Can't knock Kelly for possibly taking this opportunity. Also good to see that minus Kelly (vertical move), we haven't had any staff attrition/firing.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back