Coach Kellie Harper fired

Probably because players were fighting each other in the locker room, top-ranked recruiting classes were losing to bottom teams in the league, we only got into the Tournament as a charity case in the final year, and poor Holly couldn't handle pressers at all. "I don't know' became the widely-mocked response similar to Butch Jones's infamous"Champions For Life" comment.

The scenario is not as some disingenuous posters here are making it. I'm not seeing any posters defending Kellie's record who were disparaging Holly's record. I am seeing the same people who bashed Holly also bashing Kellie and Jon with insults.

Facts aren’t insults. I have yet to see anything truly insulting said about either of the Harper’s.

In comparison I remember some truly heinous comments toward Holly when she was let go.

I feel like the Harper’s are still getting white glove treatment and a bunch of “poor thems.” They probably don’t deserve.

You reap what you sow.

Reactions: T_Vol376
When Tennessee fired Holy Warlick posters had a pizza party, over firing a Ex-Lady Vols whose jersey hangs from rafters.

Today after firing a Ex- Lady Vol Kellie Harper posters are having a "Wake" what's so funny is Warlick had more success .

The decision was AD Danny White's and no matter what I think or anyone else thinks. He done what he believed was best for the University of Tennessee. People can like DW or dislike him, still yet he is in charge of athletic department.
Holly not only played for Pat but spent 27 years as Pat's right hand. I really hoped she would succeed. Holly gave more to this program than anyone other than Pat.

Probably because players were fighting each other in the locker room, top-ranked recruiting classes were losing to bottom teams in the league, we only got into the Tournament as a charity case in the final year, and poor Holly couldn't handle pressers at all. "I don't know' became the widely-mocked response similar to Butch Jones's infamous"Champions For Life" comment.

The scenario is not as some disingenuous posters here are making it. I'm not seeing any posters defending Kellie's record who were disparaging Holly's record. I am seeing the same people who bashed Holly also bashing Kellie and Jon with insults.
And you can say that players didn’t fight each other under Kellies watch or are you being disingenuous?

Heard Maddie Scherr was supposed to visit yesterday, but I’m sure that got nixed

Everyone has been saying Ruby Whitehorn was supposed to visit.

Scherr would be more of the same that we don’t need. Not a good 3 point shooter, 3 assists to 3 turns a game. Averages 12 on 33% FG shooting.

No thanks, not athletic enough to be an impact player in the SEC and her time at Kentucky made that clear. This staff was grasping at straws in the portal this season if they were looking at players like her.

Facts aren’t insults. I have yet to see anything truly insulting said about either of the Harper’s.

In comparison I remember some truly heinous comments toward Holly when she was let go.
You are joking, right?

The insults may not be as bad or as numerous as those toward Holly, but they're there nonetheless. And they are not "facts."

You are joking, right?

The insults may not be as bad or as numerous as those toward Holly, but they're there nonetheless. And they are not "facts."

Have yet to see anything personally insulting. Lots of people pointing out the Harper’s professional short comings which is entirely fair. Especially given the amount of people defending those incredibly obvious short comings.

Or Maria was asked to remove that? If true it would not be a good look for DW.

A real journalist would never remove something that was factual. Also an explanation should accompany the retraction. I'll never believe breaking news from MMC again.

Some folks are having quite the party over Harper's firing, too.
I don’t think people are partying as much as they’re tired of watching schools with limited historical success pass us. Love it or hate it, everyone we hire will be compared to Pat. Alabama didn’t forget about Bear until they hired Saban. We need to find the women’s basketball version of Saban.

Are you disputing the facts she presented? White's standard for programs was a championship within five years. The clock is approaching midnight.
His buddy shouldn't get any special treatment
And making expended football field l Ike Kellie second round exit not good enough.
They got beat Georgia to win the East
His Soccer coach is his biggest mistake
Letting a national championship coach leave take two girls with him
One scoring first goal in last year's Championship
Her and Florida state soccer coach have two more changes
Two ring that Bell
Or play that song again.
Danny White got his guy in a football Coach
Soon he have his pick in women's basketball
Danny White has two big changes two win a championship in five years
For as the three most supported sports
Women's basketball Football Men's basketball
Danny White got skin in the game in 2/3 of those top programs.
Danny White plan was in the paper

Danny White didn't fire Kellie by himself
Big money donors/UT administration had their part in it to.

UT Administration/ money people will decide how long Danny White stays
And fans support or losing it doesn't help.
Fans support going away help in Kellie leaving

Q

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
His buddy shouldn't get any special treatment
And making expended football field l Ike Kellie second round exit not good enough.
They got beat Georgia to win the East
His Soccer coach is his biggest mistake
Letting a national championship coach leave take two girls with him
One scoring first goal in last year's Championship
Her and Florida state soccer coach have two more changes
Two ring that Bell
Or play that song again.
Danny White got his guy in a football Coach
Soon he have his pick in women's basketball
Danny White has two big changes two win a championship in five years
For as the three most supported sports
Women's basketball Football Men's basketball
Danny White got skin in the game in 2/3 of those top programs.
Danny White plan was in the paper

Danny White didn't fire Kellie by himself
Big money donors/UT administration had their part in it to.

UT Administration/ money people will decide how long Danny White stays
And fans support or losing it doesn't help.

Q
All sports are thriving, except the one vacant. Please though, hold the other programs accountable and establish position on those boards with this take.

Two huge mistakes. And that was what both were based on. Hated both decisions at the time. Hopefully our awesome AD tells the sentimental idiots still around to "go pound sand bc we're gonna hire the absolute best, period"!
I think he just did tell a bunch of sentimental people to go pound sand with this decision.

What about LA Tech who is 5th NATIONALLY in national championships finishing below .500. Again, I’m not arguing for them or any other school. I’m just saying, let’s be reasonable and realistic and figure out how to get there. Firing out our coach who has finished 4 seasons of 3rd and one season 4th…. seems as if we live in fantasy land (aka 1990s). This is going to be an easy revisit in 2026.

I think White concluded what most of us think; it just wasn't going anywhere with Kelly.

It’s like my kid upset because his room is smaller than his parents. Doesn’t understand who built the house and how it operates.
Tennessee football pays Other sports
Danny White account able For aLL programs
Football was his guy before in Florida
So for his repatriation of best athletic director

Depends on him wining a championship
If they can't get it done
Fans will call for the football coaches firing.

For football coach sake he better win
Vol fans only wait so long.

DW didn't hire Tony V. And apparently you know jack squat about baseball.

I don't post in this forum often because some of y'all can get a bit rabid. Pat established many traditions, but above all else, she demanded excellence and never settled for mediocrity. KJH has consistently put mediocrity on the floor and has been less than mediocre on the recruiting trail. If you're going to invoke Pat, then remember her correctly, please. There will never be another, but that doesn't mean we should settle for less than we can be simply to keep someone who played for her in the coaching position. Especially one that has failed to come close to her standards. I like KJH, but she has not kept this program to the standards Pat did.

KJH was not treated unfairly. She was given a chance and failed to meet the set standards.

DW became part of the UT family when he was hired. You don't have to have a degree from Tennessee to be part of the family. Ask Rick Barnes.

This whole "keeping it in the family" idea is called inbreeding and it's bad for the gene pool.
All of this and Tony may just be the biggest Vol fan of them all lol.

VN Store

Back