Coach K to retire after 2022 season

I used to think the same until I realized that Kobe, Lebron, and Zion all would have went to Duke. It just is what it is.

And I’m the furthest thing from a Duke fan
I’m pretty sure LeBron would’ve gone to Ohio State. Here’s some fun to think about… Kobe would’ve gone to Duke, but Kevin Garnett would’ve most likely gone to Carolina . 🤯 The matchups the could’ve happened would’ve been amazing . Apparently Chris Webber also was very high for Duke, but he’s a complicated individual. Laettner, Grant Hill and Chris Weber at the 3,4 and 5? Woah. Same thing with UNC, Stackhouse, Sheed, Carter, Garnet?

I’m pretty sure LeBron would’ve gone to Ohio State. Here’s some fun to think about… Kobe would’ve gone to Duke, but Kevin Garnett would’ve most likely gone to Carolina . 🤯 The matchups the could’ve happened would’ve been amazing . Apparently Chris Webber also was very high for Duke, but he’s a complicated individual. Laettner, Grant Hill and Chris Weber at the 3,4 and 5? Woah. Same thing with UNC, Stackhouse, Sheed, Carter, Garnet?
K would’ve taught Webber about timeouts

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Also, Gary Williams had a very real chance to land Garnett at that “other” UM

I loathe the fan base as well, but I do miss that rivalry. Gary Williams is probably the most underrated coach of my lifetime. Believe we’ve discussed it before, but dude could flat coach.
Yeah he was a very good coach. They ran that flex so well. Hate that Maryland is in the B1G now. Doesn’t seem right.

That’s a good argument for Lebron but I’m fairly certain he said if he went to college he’d have played for K

I knew Duke was “a” top choice, but I too thought tOSU was “the” top choice.

Duke is supposedly the favorite of Bronny though.

not even David Thompson?
I guess I should’ve worded it better. I don’t dislike nor do I like NC State. They are just one of those schools that don’t push the needle for me either way. I will say David Thompson was a great player. As far as ACC players go, I would place him right beside Ralph Sampson and Michael Jordan. He did have a much better pro career than Sampson though, so I would probably give Thompson the edge between those two. And well, we all know what Michael Jordan turned out to be… Also, the first time I heard the Jimmy V speech it got to me. Very touching. I have nothing against NC State, they are just meh to me.

VN Store

Back