Coach K to retire after 2022 season

RDU VOL#14

I’m a Flawed Character
I would be really surprised if Duke hired either one of those guys. What is so great about Jon Scheyer @RDU VOL#14 ?
I think if they’re going to stay in the family you already know what you have with a Capel, Collins, Amaker, Wojo (just got fired) and Dawkins. With Scheyer he’s a young guy who is unknown that can create some buzz with recruits .

For all of you saying this is a curtain call for K and that Roy didn’t do that, did you see that shitshow in Chapel Hill this Spring with the players jumping ship left and right and bringing in a minimal recruiting class? I think the timing of this has way more to do with recruiting and establishing Scheyer as the coach in waiting and allowing himself to have this time to ease into the role and sell Duke as his team.

I agree with the Hubert Davis comparison. Both programs could have aimed higher imo but elected to keep it in the family.
and Davis has already drawn comparisons to Matt Doherty. Hopefully for me its closer to Roys success but i have serious doubts especially with a complete staff overhaul

I think if they’re going to stay in the family you already know what you have with a Capel, Collins, Amaker, Wojo (just got fired) and Dawkins. With Scheyer he’s a young guy who is unknown that can create some buzz with recruits .

For all of you saying this is a curtain call for K and that Roy didn’t do that, did you see that shitshow in Chapel Hill this Spring with the players jumping ship left and right and bringing in a minimal recruiting class? I think the timing of this has way more to do with recruiting and establishing Scheyer as the coach in waiting and allowing himself to have this time to ease into the role and sell Duke as his team.

For the record I called it a curtain call but I didnt say recruiting would fall it is Duke after all. They will follow the plan no matter who HC is.

RDU VOL#14

I’m a Flawed Character
For the record I called it a curtain call but I didnt say recruiting would fall it is Duke after all. They will follow the plan no matter who HC is.
I wasn’t referring to you. You’re good, I enjoy talking with you about this stuff. Others who hate just to hate, not so much.

Boston Vol

Jon Scheyer? Really? I would have thought they would go after Mike Brey of ND.
Why not Scheyer? It was always going to be one of his former players/assistants. Wojo flamed out at Marquette. Collins hasn’t done much at Northwestern. Capel got fired at OU and hasn’t impressed at Pitt. And Brey is 5 years past his sell by date.

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Why not Scheyer? It was always going to be one of his former players/assistants. Wojo flamed out at Marquette. Collins hasn’t done much at Northwestern. Capel got fired at OU and hasn’t impressed at Pitt. And Brey is 5 years past his sell by date.
Agree at this point nobody else really stands out. Will be interesting to see if anyone does by the end of the season.

VN Store

Sponsors