Coach JP

I am all in because when he talks its real and none of this car salesman stuff. Oh and when he talks he sounds like me....southern!! Nothin better than a good ole southern boy runnin the show!!

Reactions: 1 person
I hope we can land most of the guys that Pruitt has on his radar will easily be a top ten class if he gets most of them.

There will be no excuse for less than a 6-6 season.

This isn’t an argument device. Just a genuine question. Who was your choice for head coach? How many years and what would his first season have to be, record wise?

Yes there will be. We were winless in the SEC for the first time in history. The entire culture needs to be revamped. You don’t do that in year 1, especially the way virtually every other team in the East is improving at a time when we have been regressing.

Accepting excuses for a losing season will not change the culture.

Reactions: 1 person
This isn’t an argument device. Just a genuine question. Who was your choice for head coach? How many years and what would his first season have to be, record wise?

Good questions. I don't know if I had a realistic number 1. Patterson and Peterson would have been 1a and 1b but I doubt either were realistic. Shaw and Fuente at 2 and 3.

Regardless had any of the above been hired I still wouldn't expect anything worse than 6-6 and no loss to Vandy and KY.

If I was saban knocking down $11M PY the only way I'd leave campus is in a coffin. :yes:

Then he’d die with about $100mil in the bank and didn’t get to enjoy it. At least, he doesn’t look like he’s enjoying it lol.

Good questions. I don't know if I had a realistic number 1. Patterson and Peterson would have been 1a and 1b but I doubt either were realistic. Shaw and Fuente at 2 and 3.

Regardless had any of the above been hired I still wouldn't expect anything worse than 6-6 and no loss to Vandy and KY.

Admit it, Gundy was your first choice.

And you so would have chipped in to buy him an 86 Trans-Am T Top so he could roll through downtown Gatlinburg blasting Whitesnake.

Reactions: 2 people
Just W-L record. He needs to be at a minimum:

Year 1 - 7-6 (6-6 if he is competitive against GA and AL and doesn't lose to KY or Vandy)
Year 2 - 9-3
Year 3, 4, 5 - 9 win minimum in each with at least 1 10 win season and an SEC championship.

We have an accord.

Admit it, Gundy was your first choice.

And you so would have chipped in to buy him an 86 Trans-Am T Top so he could roll through downtown Gatlinburg blasting Whitesnake.

He wasn't but yes I would have chipped in.

No, but getting players to believe they can win big when they’ve had their backsides handed to them for most of their careers is not an overnight process.

They are not children they are young adults, changing mindsets shouldn't last beyond spring practice.

If he’s the real deal, WVU should be easy. They just lost to Utah..

Will Grier and Justin Crawford did not play in the Utah game. Backup QB did not play very well.

West Virginia (7-6) finished the season with its third straight loss. The Mountaineers had only 153 total yards without junior quarterback Will Grier, who broke a finger Nov. 18, and 1,000-yard rusher Justin Crawford, a senior who bypassed the bowl game in advance of the NFL draft.

PASSING C. Chugunov CP/ATTYDS TD INT

9/28 129 1 2

Last edited:

You’d need to add Shaw to those 1’s...1c. He ain’t leaving his alma mater for a COLLEGE job. Fuente is a mixed bag. There’s been some big openings the last two seasons...how many have interviewed him? I want the team to be coached and TAUGHT. And have that displayed on the field. Record should reflect that.

You’d need to add Shaw to those 1’s...1c. He ain’t leaving his alma mater for a COLLEGE job. Fuente is a mixed bag. There’s been some big openings the last two seasons...how many have interviewed him? I want the team to be coached and TAUGHT. And have that displayed on the field. Record should reflect that.

Regardless who we hired the standard would be the same. No pass for a losing record or losing to KY/Vandy. Setting expectations and demanding results is how the culture changes.

Regardless who we hired the standard would be the same. No pass for a losing record or losing to KY/Vandy. Setting expectations and demanding results is how the culture changes.

6-6 WOULD be matching Saban’s first effort at Bama. :) As long as you know that YOUR expectations are just that.

VN Store

Back