Coach JP

Look CBJ could recruit but he and staff couldn't coach, we knew this midway through his second season. Just performance alone he should have been gone after his 3rd and absolutely after his 4th. Yet the reality of the finances kept him around for a 5th and almost a 6th.

I don't disagree, however, the way of the world is big buyouts on short contracts. It's more and more important to hit the home run and then keep the guy.

If you can't watch a football team and tell if they are well coached or not, you know nothing about football.

If we are still consistently missing tackles, assignments, blocks, reads and generally looking confused after the first 7-8 games, Pruitt and staff are not the answer. Appalachia State cannot compete in the SEC due to talent yet they are a well coached team.

Last time this program tried to transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 was an unmitigated disaster.

I think we can expect a lot of what you described early in the season unfortunately.

Maybe Pruitt, Sherrer, and company are better coaches than Sunseri but announcing how great he is already is premature.

Last time this program tried to transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 was an unmitigated disaster.

I think we can expect a lot of what you described early in the season unfortunately.

Maybe Pruitt, Sherrer, and company are better coaches than Sunseri but announcing how great he is already is premature.

Good coaches can make the switch without it being a disaster. Good coaches won't fully make the switch without the players capable of doing it.

Good coaches can make the switch without it being a disaster. Good coaches won't fully make the switch without the players capable of doing it.

Not disagreeing with anything you have said in this thread.

Remains to be seen how good a head coach Pruitt is considering he has never done it before.

People on here are already talking about how nasty this defense is going to but it may be nasty in a Sunseriesque way.

Keep accepting failure and guess what? You'll be a failure.

Yeah, I know in reality he's getting 4-5 years regardless of his record. Hopefully one day universities will wake up as a whole and stop guaranteeing these contracts.

Straw man argument. No one is accepting failure by giving the guy more than a year to turn it around and you know that.

Not disagreeing with anything you have said in this thread.

Remains to be seen how good a head coach Pruitt is considering he has never done it before.

People on here are already talking about how nasty this defense is going to but it may be nasty in a Sunseriesque way.

I'm hoping he is a home run, grand slam hire. We'll know in a few months.

Straw man argument. No one is accepting failure by giving the guy more than a year to turn it around and you know that.

How can I put this so that you will understand?

Yes, it will take him more than a year to turn this program into a contender. It will NOT take more than a year for us to know if he is capable of doing so. It appears that he is capable of recruiting at a high level, this season we'll know if he is capable of coaching them up.

Reactions: 2 people
Yea exactly. I liked Dooley’s personality more than Butch’s, but I wasn’t thrilled about either hire. But hell, what choice did we have when Kiffin left?

He may not be another Fulmer for us but it's all about not having to find reasons to say he's OK. I had to do that with the other 3.

Yes, it will take him more than a year to turn this program into a contender. It will NOT take more than a year for us to know if he is capable of doing so. It appears that he is capable of recruiting at a high level, this season we'll know if he is capable of coaching them up.

I mostly agree. I believe in giving 2 years though. Year 1 should show if a coach can get it done. Year 2 undoubtedly will show if they can.

I said it will take 3 years before we know if he is capable of really turning it around and your response was that waiting that long means accepting failure. Not taking any of your comments out of context. It’s what you said.

Reactions: 2 people
clawson is a damn good coach...crybaby fans screwed the pooch on that hire...fulmer,clawson and Tahj boyd would have avoided the decade of doom went just went thru.

I don’t think Clawson would have been retained. Fulmer stripped him of duties a few games in.

I said it will take 3 years before we know if he is capable of really turning it around and your response was that waiting that long means accepting failure. Not taking any of your comments out of context. It’s what you said.

It won't take three years to know if he is capable. We'll know in one if he can actually coach players up, if he can't do that he's not capable of turning the program around.

Reactions: 1 person
Why spend all the time worrying about it now. At least wait till we know if he can or cant. I'm saying he can.
People need to chill. He was raised by a life long coach and he has been a coach all his life.

We are an underrated team I think. There is talent here. With the right coach we could hit the 8-9 win mark.

Could we agree with this scale?

<5 wins bad hire
6 wins ok lets see about next year, and recruiting!
7 wins this was a good hire.
8 wins Great hire!
9+ wins look out! The sleeping giant is waking up!
6 wins is not acceptable with our schedule.

VN Store

Back