Coach Heupel's first year compared to other first year coaches

UT sits at #19 in 247's Team Talent Composite. USCe sits at #21. We have 3 5*s, they have 2. We have 26 4*s, they have 21.

We barely edge them out in overall talent, but our schedule this year thanks to our OOC being good and our (seems like a tradition at this point) SEC-W draw was 2nd in the West and #8 in the nation while theirs is 5th in the West and unranked.

Heupel has done a fantastic job this year. So has Beamer. Personally, I think with everything going on, Heupel likely has done better. All I gotta say is I'm pulling for Beamer to take the VaTech job.

When a coach is at Alabama it's hard to assess him. First off Saban keeps them in line. The Texas coach had some baggage, hopefully, he's moved on from. So just looking at coaches that have been on teams with 4 & 5-star players in the 2 deep it's hard. We had seen Kiffen as an HC and he is a bomb getting ready to go off, rules-wise. Kirby is doing well but he walked into 4 & 5-star players 2 deep. Heck 3 of his QB1 -2 -3 on his 1st team went on to NFL. He's never had to steer a team like Hueple, Drinkwitz, or Beamer who IMO have all exceeded expectations.
Kirby Smart's QBs on his first team were (1) Greyson Lambert (2) Brice Ramsey (3) Jacob Eason. Where did you get they all went on to the NFL? The only one I know of is Eason and he's a benchwarmer. Who did Lambert and Brice play for in the NFL?

Texas should’ve held on the Mack Brown. They’ve been a train wreck ever since

the same is true of Phillip fulmar and Florida state should not have run off Jimbo fisher and now florida gets rid of dan mullin - all great coaches who had 1 - 2 years of bad results - bur won titles everywhere they went- let go in one way or the other and never the schools recovered for years. Tenneesee will be back but 15 years of grieve - go vols
Fans need to win has become pathological with the thinking a better coach is out there just waiting for the chance to coach your team

LOL. Which part?

The head to head observation has a score behind it that is hard to argue with. Tennessee beat South Carolina 45-20, after leading 28-0 after 1 quarter of play. That game wasn't competitive for even 5 minutes. I was there and I sat through all of it.

Missouri and Kentucky both beat Florida. Kentucky will likely finish 9-3, while Florida will finish either 6-6 or 5-7. Auburn will finish 6-6.

VN Store

Back