Coach Heupel on The Nation

Yeah funny there Debbie. You do realize it was all them highly rated offensive linemen that weren't giving the kid a chance to do anything other than die behind the LOS doncha? And that awesome OC Chaney that took us for a few more million and produced hot garbage. Seriously, lay off the kid. I haven't seen a QB in many years that got hit as many times as he did and kept getting up. His freaking nickname should be Rocky. Was he the best we could have hoped for? Hardly. But a lot of that was coaching. Regardless, it is a team game and the rest of the team didn't do him a lot of favors either.
I’m with you on not piling on hate for a player who worked hard and kept showing up. But “a lot” of his issues was connected to him not being very good at the QB position. The fact that he had a HC determined to shoehorn him onto the field just exacerbated the failure.

Yeah funny there Debbie. You do realize it was all them highly rated offensive linemen that weren't giving the kid a chance to do anything other than die behind the LOS doncha? And that awesome OC Chaney that took us for a few more million and produced hot garbage. Seriously, lay off the kid. I haven't seen a QB in many years that got hit as many times as he did and kept getting up. His freaking nickname should be Rocky. Was he the best we could have hoped for? Hardly. But a lot of that was coaching. Regardless, it is a team game and the rest of the team didn't do him a lot of favors either.
Look man, I’m not Jeremy Pruitt. I’m not gonna waste my valuable time going back to Jarrett Guarantano more than once. He was terrible. He was a pouter, and he should never have been in the position over and over to fail.
My post was a joke, it was funny, a lot of people agree that we’re excited about not having to see him play. Get over it. Nobody is personally attacking the kid, I’m just glad I don’t have to watch him play anymore because he was the LITERALLY the worst quarterback we have ever had at Tennessee. And No, that’s not my opinion, that’s just a statistical fact.

Reactions: buckfama
I’m with you on not piling on hate for a player who worked hard and kept showing up. But “a lot” of his issues was connected to him not being very good at the QB position. The fact that he had a HC determined to shoehorn him onto the field just exacerbated the failure.
Exactly. And how did I pile on and personally attack him? All I said was but I’m glad we don’t have to see him anymore! These snowflake posters are so ridiculous.

Then from an offensive minded coach who do you think would have been a better coach? We all see how Pruitt/Weinke mismanaged our QB situation. I’m just curious who would have been a better pick.

It is hard to speculate because I don’t know who was interested or interviewed. The Chancellor and President all but eliminated anyone with any character concerns or a past and the pending sanctions impacted who was willing to take the job. I would have hired Freeze but I know that was a pipe dream. James Franklin would have been a good hire because he has experience in the SEC and Big 10. Gus Malzahn would have been a solid hire. If I keep going, Matt Campbell, Kyle Whittingham, Luke Fickell, Billy Napier, Scott Satrerfield, and Lance Leipold all would have been better picks. For all we know, none of them were interested. I admire Heupel for taking the job. I hope he is the next Dabo Swinney.

I stole this from Sports Source yesterday and posted it in another thread.. I thought it was interesting stats. I didn't get a taker lol

Interesting and all for fun.. Name the coach's in this list of stats..

Coach A - 38.8 pts/game 455.3 yds/game

Coach B - 32.6 pts/game 464.3 yds/game

Coach C - 31.4 pts/game 500.5 yds/game

Coach D - 31.2 pts/game 440.8 yds/game

Hint all called plays in the same year and in the same conference.
Man just post the coaches haha

VN Store

Back