Coach Heupel on The Nation

I too like that sense of him being comfortable in his own skin. First time I can remember feeling like we have a normal human being type coach. I feel like our last several coaches all played the game very self consciously with something to prove. This could help us play lose for a change. Maybe that is just what the doctor ordered.
I hope you meant play loose!

Definitely supporting him. But like you, I am past the point of wishing and hoping. Too many years of mediocrity have me in a jaded state. Tired of talk and tired of weak promises and weak coaches. Just show me.

At this point, mediocrity would be a welcome sight.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Great post. I feel the exact same way. My hopes and expectations took a beating in the last few months. I think now I just hope for a fun brand of football to watch and a team that improves every week.
Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Sports Source said yesterday everyone wanting Freeze or Kiffin should be happy, that’s what we got, without the baggage! Heupel played under Stoops with Leach as his OC and won a Natty, he put up incredible numbers at Mizzou in 2016 & 2017 and same kinda numbers at UCF. If we’re scoring 38-42 points games and 500+ yards we’ll win some games and it won’t be boring to watch. We want offense and this is what he’s all about! Finally we got offensive guru!
I stole this from Sports Source yesterday and posted it in another thread.. I thought it was interesting stats. I didn't get a taker lol

Interesting and all for fun.. Name the coach's in this list of stats..

Coach A - 38.8 pts/game 455.3 yds/game

Coach B - 32.6 pts/game 464.3 yds/game

Coach C - 31.4 pts/game 500.5 yds/game

Coach D - 31.2 pts/game 440.8 yds/game

Hint all called plays in the same year and in the same conference.

I hate the hire but Heupel seems like a genuinely nice guy. I wish him well but have very low expectations.

Then from an offensive minded coach who do you think would have been a better coach? We all see how Pruitt/Weinke mismanaged our QB situation. I’m just curious who would have been a better pick.

SEC Experience
Young

Heisman runner up QB

Solid stats on offense

Coached some pretty good darn QBs (Lock, Bradford, Jones)

Maybe some more room for top caliber staff since his salary is not $8M a year (cost to get Franklin here.

He’ll probably work like heck (just realized that’s a Fuller common statement) to prove himself

Not a horses behind like Pruitt has reportedly been to staff and players.

I love the old Columbo tv shows . Someone who is unassuming, smarter than they come across, and pulls off results you didn’t expect. I think long term this is a good hire.

I’m thinking about getting on board with him. I’ve got a lot going on and don’t have much time to reasearch. Can anyone just post a short list of his best characteristics?

That's good to hear for 2 reasons: good for the Vols AND we are spending 2 weeks in South Dakota next summer. Anxiously awaiting both.:cool:

black hills are sacred;one of my favorite trips, possibly because it was one of the last places i visited with my dad
don't miss crazy horse memorial -- unbelievable

Reactions: feathersax
What I like MOST about Heupel is that he won’t be starting Guarantano.
Maybe, by it really sucks the amount of hate that kid gets on here. He gave his all. He got the crap kicked out of him for 4 years, and got up every time. Some of yall think fans trashing CJH will have an effect, but coaches go where they will get paid. Kids will go where they can win, AND not get trashed if they don't meet expectations of a battered fan base. I think ita really pathetic the way some of you pile on JG.

Maybe, by it really sucks the amount of hate that kid gets on here. He gave his all. He got the crap kicked out of him for 4 years, and got up every time. Some of yall think fans trashing CJH will have an effect, but coaches go where they will get paid. Kids will go where they can win, AND not get trashed if they don't meet expectations of a battered fan base. I think ita really pathetic the way some of you pile on JG.
🤣🤣🤣🤣. Mrs. Guarantano!?!

🤣🤣🤣🤣. Mrs. Guarantano!?!
Yeah funny there Debbie. You do realize it was all them highly rated offensive linemen that weren't giving the kid a chance to do anything other than die behind the LOS doncha? And that awesome OC Chaney that took us for a few more million and produced hot garbage. Seriously, lay off the kid. I haven't seen a QB in many years that got hit as many times as he did and kept getting up. His freaking nickname should be Rocky. Was he the best we could have hoped for? Hardly. But a lot of that was coaching. Regardless, it is a team game and the rest of the team didn't do him a lot of favors either.

VN Store

Back