Coach DeBo- OL

It just might be possible that CBJ knew what he was doing when he made this hire.

Have we now completed the entire "jilted middle-school girlfriend saga" that took total control of this board for 2-3 weeks?

I'm not sure why, but your post is just awesome!

So you guys expect current players to say something bad about a current coach who has everything to do with their playing time?

I tell you what, next time your boss wants to know how you really feel about him and your position, tell it like it is and see where it gets you

You're crazy! I'm not saying a word to my wife like that.

Reactions: 5 people
So you guys expect current players to say something bad about a current coach who has everything to do with their playing time?

I tell you what, next time your boss wants to know how you really feel about him and your position, tell it like it is and see where it gets you

Come on now. . . you know you're in when you get a nickname Coach DeBo I like it!

Reactions: 1 person

No...if a player isn't feeling it about a coach? He pretty much keeps his comments to himself...lots of silence during the Dooley era...when they volunteer praise about a coach? You know the rest. :)

No, don't do it, just don't

Is it hard for anyone else to see Kerbyson at LT?
I'm sure the coaching staff knows what they are doing, but I'm not so sure Kerbyson will workout at LT.

I'm not a coach, but not overly impressed...yet. There is time for improvement, but, I wouldn't doubt there being some surprises none of us expected before the season begins. It's going to be interesting. :yes: :peace2:

GO VOLS!

now that two players have said he is OK! C'mon guys. What do think they're going to do, complain about him?

I get a feeling LT could be a problem. Blair has zero experience, and if he doesn't cut it we'll put a guy there who most people say doesn't have enough athleticism for the position. We'll find out.

No way that would happen..this is only for the sheep that want to get a dig in on anyone that questions the Shepard.. Lol

I will eat crow if he actually makes a diff..he earns his respect when he out schemes fla ga or bama's DC this yr.

No way that would happen..this is only for the sheep that want to get a dig in on anyone that questions the Shepard.. Lol

I will eat crow if he actually makes a diff..he earns his respect when he out schemes fla ga or bama's DC this yr.

Me too. I want to see what he does before I automatically start calling this a great hire

The man hasn't called a play in 8 years. Granted, he's not likely to forget how to coach, but he really wasn't great at Michigan and certainly wasnt at Central Michigan, the last time he was paired with Jones

Kerbyson is probably training at left tackle because right now we have Blair and Richardson.........would be stupid to not have more people trained at that position. Not just thrown in at practice on occasion, just in case, but actually trained for the position.

Kerbyson is probably training at left tackle because right now we have Blair and RICHARDSON.........would be stupid to not have more people trained at that position. Not just thrown in at practice on occasion, just in case, but actually trained for the position.

You mean Richmond?

... I tell you what, next time your boss wants to know how you really feel about him and your position, tell it like it is and see where it gets you
... C'mon guys. What do think they're going to do, complain about him? ...
I get what you guys are saying, but; could it be they actually like the guy? I really like my boss, am happy with my position, and don't hesitate to disagree when I don't necessarily see eye to eye with him. Works for us, mutual respect for honesty and all that. :good!:

A nice read from RTI.

Kerbyson and Jackson were both asked their initial thoughts on new offensive coordinator Mike DeBord and if he had been helping much on the offensive line.

Jackson: “Very smart guy. Very intelligent coordinator and he understands what he’s doing and knows how to communicate it very well…He talks to everybody a lot, Coach DeBo has been helping us out and says we can come in his office anytime, and he’s a very approachable guy, a very likeable guy, like I said.”

Kerbyson: “He’s a really cool guy. When I heard him coming in and I knew he was a little bit older than most of our coaches, I thought stickler, you know, hard-nosed kind of guy, but he’s really cool with us and he likes to joke around, but be serious at the same time. And he’s not trying to change so much of our stuff, which is really great.

“It puts an extra eye on us. Coaching, you have to be able to take it, and if you have two guys coaching you instead of just one with Coach (Mahoney), then it’s all the better and with his offensive line background he realizes certain plays will work better than others with the guys he has, which is great.”

Offseason Offensive Line Updates | Rocky Top Insider

No offense OP but do you think these players are ever gonna say "oh lord this new guy sucks, were in for a long year" etc etc. I'd be interested to see what the players thought of Sunseri in 2012

I get what you guys are saying, but; could it be they actually like the guy? I really like my boss, am happy with my position, and don't hesitate to disagree when I don't necessarily see eye to eye with him. Works for us, mutual respect for honesty and all that. :good!:

Then you're a lucky man

No offense OP but do you think these players are ever gonna say "oh lord this new guy sucks, were in for a long year" etc etc. I'd be interested to see what the players thought of Sunseri in 2012

Don't know ... cause they didn't say...that says it all. :wink:

Something Kerbyson said "Coaching, you have to be able to take it, " sounds like he was taking a shot at some of the players who have decided to transfer. I think some of those players were thinking they were so good they didn't have to listen and take coaching.

The cynics must think that Jackson & Kerbyson are couple of suck ups. I get the whole thing about not saying anything bad about the Boss. But when asked and you don't like the guy you chose your words carefully. Jackson's & Kerbyson's comments don't appear to me to be carefully chosen. jmo

VN Store

Back