Coach Butch Jones,how long a leash does he have ?

There is not a decent coach in the country that would come here and be the 5th coach in 7 years at UT. Butch is going to be the coach for at least 2 more years, regardless. JMO

Dooley would have received a fourth year if the team didn't implode and he was terrible. Butch will get at least four years and if recruiting is maintained at or near the current level he will be here a while.

Very short leash. Probably game to game, but maybe even quarter to quarter.

:lolabove: Uh...no. Not in his first season. Not after getting a signature win in his first season. Some of these posts are...:loco:

Last edited:
He should be given through the end of his contract. If he isn't productive just don't renew and move on.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee's financial woes continue and this gives Jones at least 4 years to improve a declining football program.

it will take more than 3 years,they will have to get the freshmen in,get them into the SnC part,which if things were good,they would have a couple of years
,there not

they will get thrown into the SEC fire in a hurry,which is a good thing and a bad thing,depth will have to be built and it is going to take time to get 3 or 4 deep.which is needed to be on top

when Dooley came here,it was said,that it was a 5 to 6 year job to rebuild the Vols and it hasn't gotten any better

it is going to be tuff and i don't know if CBJ is the man or not,that will take time to tell and we all know,that is short,him and his staff will have to perform in a hurry

what do ya'll think ?

If the Vols dont go at least 8 and 4 in year 3, then CBJ wont be able to get it done and should be released.

He gets the length of his contract. Butch gets it, so his contract will be extended IMO, so we will not have to discuss this again anytime soon.

I can probably name a few on here who didn't care for the hire in the first place and would have liked to see Dools keep his job for another year.

I won't name names, but we all know who they are.

But now THEY know who YOU are :whistling: You're going to get called a stalker :ermm:

Anybody think Dave Hart maybe moonlighting as Heti on NCIS Los Angeles?

Attachments

• download (3).jpg
    download (3).jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 73
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 2 people
He has a 5 year contract so I'd say 5 years and we can't afford to pay for any good coaches if we did fire him. The 2 previous hires were crap and we are still paying for them. I think we have to give his process time to work itself out and see what the players he gets turn out like.
How much we paying Kiffin?? Nothing is the answer. Quit telling lies on here.:crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
I think, in theory, that it should take a good HC and competent staff about 3 years to get a program turned around.

Our current reality is that Butch will probably get 4 because we're currently paying too many people too much money not to coach as is.

I sure as hell was no fan of Dools, but if Wilcox and Sirmon had stayed I firmly believe that 2012 Tennessee team would have won at least 10, possibly 11 games (GA, SC, FL, MSU, MIZ, VU). The offense was just too potent. But, it didn't happen, and that's life. My point is that even Dools had the offense more or less turned around by Year 3. Unfortunately for him, his hire of a crappy DC did him in, so that was that.

Going back to look at the numbers, both of the programs Jones has previously coached at show a significant, and I mean significant, Year 2 improvement. I think we'll be surprisingly good next year despite losing some experienced seniors.

You could be right. I just get concerned about the strength of schedule and our continued reliance on youth. The program will continue to work and develop in the off season so time will tell. We will be better next year but I will be surprised if we can compete for the the East. Hope I'm underselling the team and staff.:peace2:

I can probably name a few on here who didn't care for the hire in the first place and would have liked to see Dools keep his job for another year.

I won't name names, but we all know who they are.

Please name names LOL I'm relatively new and it will give some interesting perspective... I kid of course.

Jancek gets one more year.

Top 25 defense next year or he is done.

I know that seems hasty, but he has not earned the benefit of the doubt, and so he had better preach urgency.

The win over SC adds one year to whatever long leash CBJ had. So, at least 4 years from now...Bowl game win this year will add another year.

Threads like this show where this program is and were its going. CBJ is a upgrade over dooley and kiffin but I don't think you would see these threads on Auburn or Missouri or A@M boards. I give him 2 more years to get double digit wins in a season.

Who thinks he will have two more years after this one? Go ahead and call it now just before the season officially begins!

VN Store

Back