Climer On Phil's Side

you go to Old Hickory? I grew up in Hendersonville on Sanders Ferry.
Old hickory is like my second home from spring through fall. We fish everywhere. Guntersville,priest,old hickory,tims ford,dale hollow,center hill. Its a pretty wide range of places we fish.

what about the Caney Fork and some trout?
I've fished caney a few times. Great place to just get away from everything and relax. I'am already getting itchy to get on the water. March can't get here soon enough.

I've fished caney a few times. Great place to just get away from everything and relax. I'am already getting itchy to get on the water. March can't get here soon enough.

The crappie are biting now in about 15 feet of water :whistling:

I don't fish for them much. Mostly bass and for money.:whistling:

I fish to eat :)

Tournament fishing is fun I just don't get to do it much while I'm in college. I have done well fishing Kentucky Lake and Barkley with my dad in tournaments though.

We came in third at kentucky lake two years ago. Muscle beds on sandbars, we wacked them for two straight days.

Anyone fish events like the Carolina Cup? A buddy of mine from college is a licensed captain out of Savannah. He was running a Bertram in a lot of the big salt water tournaments a few years back. Too me, that is fairly exciting because of the boats, fish and speed involved. I've never been to a bass tournament, but I have watched Jimmy Houston once or twice when I couldn't get off the sofa on Saturday morning.

Saltwater fishing is fun. Gulf shores alabama is where i've done most of mine. Something about tournaments for bass just get the blood pumping. I love it.

I grew up fishing the intercoastal (mostly salt water) for trout, bass and an occasional flounder. As I get older, and go back home I actually prefer catching crab more than anything else.

In KY I have gotten hooked on stream fishing for smallies on ultra light tackle. It is purely catch and release.

I grew up fishing the intercoastal (mostly salt water) for trout, bass and an occasional flounder. As I get older, and go back home I actually prefer catching crab more than anything else.

In KY I have gotten hooked on stream fishing for smallies on ultra light tackle. It is purely catch and release.
I've spent several good nights gigging flounder on the May River near Bluffton.

I'll not comment on your catching crab comment.

When I lived in middle GA I would catch a lot of hybrid/small mouth that were called Shoal Bass on the Flint River.

I've spent several good nights gigging flounder on the May River near Bluffton.

I'll not comment on your catching crab comment.

When I lived in middle GA I would catch a lot of hybrid/small mouth that were called Shoal Bass on the Flint River.

Actually my grandad grew up on the May River, and that is still my favorite trout drop.

I grew up not trying to catch crabs.:)

Ive always heard the the only real way to get rid of crabs is give 'em away

you guys want to catch big smallmouth get to tims ford lake and get out the crankbaits. I know you are thinking crankbaits in febuary, thats right I have won several tournaments in feb.-march and I crank all day, and killem. Right now is the BEST time for smallmouth and crankbaits on timsford.

VN Store

Back