Climer On Phil's Side

He is right. No need to get all worked up over not signing a top five class. Afterall what have we done lately with the top five classes we have signed.

i believe it was GA that said, "just win." i agree with that fully. i also believe that this class of kids are already fed up with being referred to as a disappointment. i hope for great things.

I wouldn't characterize the last part of the article as saying Climer is on Phil's side, he's just stating the obvious:

For Fulmer and his assistants, the key is to develop the talent at hand.
And, frankly, that has been one of the weaknesses of this coaching staff in recent years.
Despite all those highly ranked recruiting classes, UT has not won an SEC championship in nine years and has not been to a BCS bowl since 1999.
Those recruiting classes were either over-ranked or Fulmer's staff failed to maximize the talent.
Or maybe it was a little of each.

He is right. No need to get all worked up over not signing a top five class. Afterall what have we done lately with the top five classes we have signed.

That is essentially the point I've been making for the last 4-5 years. Heck, how many 4 & 5 * recruits were on the 2005 team?

this is where the new staff gets to turn that perception around for Phil, if they get the chance, because if we tank next year, Phil's in serious trouble.

this is where the new staff gets to turn that perception around for Phil, if they get the chance, because if we tank next year, Phil's in serious trouble.
There are those on here that believe phil walks on water. Let us get beat or better yet embarrassed again by our two most HATED rivals. Then lets see just how much everyone loves daddy phil.

I hate to say this rex. But i tournament fish for bass in nashville tennessee. Nowadays i find myself thinking more and more about the tournament season rather than the state of affairs up on the hill. I still love my vols. But i'am just flat worn out with the direction of the program. They need to do something to get the fanbase excited again. I compare this staff to that favorite shirt you have. You keep wearing it until it falls off your shoulders.

Is Climer's strategy to create interest in his columns by stating the opposite of what most fans think? I have only read a few of his columns, so this may be an incorrect evaluation. But, it seems like he often finds negativity in what fans view as a positive, while finding a positive in what fans view as a negative.

Is Climer's strategy to create interest in his columns by stating the opposite of what most fans think? I have only read a few of his columns, so this may be an incorrect evaluation. But, it seems like he often finds negativity in what fans view as a positive, while finding a positive in what fans view as a negative.

You are correct. Climer is an idiot. He is a sorry excuse for a sports writer.

Favorite place to fish in TN is Dale Hollow.
I can show you some great places to fish for small mouth at Center Hill and Percy Priest.

Favorite place to fish in TN is Dale Hollow.
I can show you some great places to fish for small mouth at Center Hill and Percy Priest.

I have fished Center Hill a couple of times.

I fish Priest a lot at night in the summer

It's difficult to coach intangibles like speed. IMO the reason players get 3 stars instead of 4 or 5 often is the difference between someone who runs a 4.3 and someone who runs a 4.5.

Thats why taking a subpar class like this and winning a championship is so difficult in the SEC, because several of the SEC teams got the 4.3 guy.

Not to be knit-picky, but there was probably not more than 2-3 legit 4.3 guys in this entire class. Therefore "several other SEC" schools did not load up on them. But your point it taken. The speed of last years UT class is as fast as anybodys class this year though.

Not to defend Climer but since Fulmer closed practices, most of them don't have much material to write about any more. All you really have is regurgitated coach speak to put a story together with.

Not to be knit-picky, but there was probably not more than 2-3 legit 4.3 guys in this entire class. Therefore "several other SEC" schools did not load up on them. But your point it taken. The speed of last years UT class is as fast as anybodys class this year though.

Speed isn't what UT really needed in this class, it was just an example. What UT did need though, defensive linemen, UT missed the mark.

VN Store

Back