Classless...period

Let’s be perfectly clear on that one. No one likes to lose but you don’t throw stuff . I saw a student holding her head last night. This reminds me of a fan in 98 we were playing Arkansas. He (Tennessee fan) was so spaced out during the game shouting that’s not fun to be around that.

Reactions: WesternNCVol
I threw a beer **** them the refs especially
If you threw ANYTHING in fact, you should be banned for LIFE from the stadium. Absolutely ZERO justification for that action. Any idiot who threw GOLF BALLS on the field should be in jail for wreckless endangerment. You and anyone else involved just made us a laughing stock of the country. What a bunch of classless jerks!

I just went to bed after 15 minutes of "fans" (probably drunk students) throwing crap on the field. Where were those scowling "Security" folks that stand in front of the stands trying to look tough?

The best image in my opinion was the two game wardens standing at the ready. That's hoot. Only at Neyland.

Reactions: feathersax
I have no problem with fans throwing crap like bottles and cans on THE FIELD in disgust. Even if it hits someone, its nothing.
Throwing it at players? Not so classy but still its not unheard of and happens a little at many games.
Coming to a game with ammo that will hurt someone is unacceptable.
Having said that it always a small minority of fans that would do something like that so i dont find the whole fan base in anyway of that low level.
Stay classy knoxville....

Very sorry to see the way the game ended. As someone else stated, the "golf ball and trash incident" will forever be an asterisk on this season, no matter what the team does with the rest of the year.

And remember: there's reality, and there's perception. The reality is that some small percentage of the crowd threw things onto the field. The reality is also that there was enough worry about injury that the cheerleaders, band, and others left the field.

But perception? Tennessee has now become "the school that throws trash on their own field." Or, "the golf ball school." Or just, "trashy school, trashy fans."

You can say it was a minority of the fans in attendance, and you would be right. But that won't change the perception.

The reality is that a small percentage of people killed Lincoln at the theatre.

Reactions: feathersax
If you're sitting in the stands with your 3,4,5 star son and see what transpired last night. Are you sure you want him to be playing at a school where he could be injured by something other than the game?

I have no problem with fans throwing crap like bottles and cans on THE FIELD in disgust. Even if it hits someone, its nothing.
Throwing it at players? Not so classy but still its not unheard of and happens a little at many games.
Coming to a game with ammo that will hurt someone is unacceptable.
Having said that it always a small minority of fans that would do something like that so i dont find the whole fan base in anyway of that low level.
Stay classy knoxville....
You should slow down and read your first sentence several times.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
If you chose to pile on with all the opposing fan bases and media, you are hurting the program and making the rebuild harder. Your choice.
This may be one of the worst takes I’ve seen on here in a long time. You are saying that those condemning what happened last night is hurting the program, and not the actually idiots throwing bottles?

This may be one of the worst takes I’ve seen on here in a long time. You are saying that those condemning what happened last night is hurting the program, and not the actually idiots throwing bottles?
Neither was good. Rehashing it just to add one's voice to the cacophony of outrage is counterproductive and..yeah..it will hurt us.

Neither was good. Rehashing it just to add one's voice to the cacophony of outrage is counterproductive and..yeah..it will hurt us.
People are condemning it because it was absolutely disgusting. Our fan base is better than that. And..I would almost guarantee you that we lost potential commits over it that were present in the stadium.

You know the irony in this. This fanbase loves to poke fun at Alabama fans and other schools located more Southern than us for being unintelligent hicks that can't read and look like something from one of the wrong turn movies. What do you think those fanbases are going to do with this act of high brow intellectual brilliance, huh? We will be the laughing stock of every chat room of every team in the country. ALL of the sports networks will be playing this FOREVER. The idiots involved should never be allowed on campus again. No justification for this crap EVER.

Reactions: SDV
Funny how other school's fans want to trash tennessee fans but go back and look at your own fans guys before throwing the first stone. What happened last night is embarrassing for sure but not end of the world.

If you chose to pile on with all the opposing fan bases and media, you are hurting the program and making the rebuild harder. Your choice.
No, those idiots throwing stuff make it harder. What you are doing is penalizing those that are rational, and saying "hey we f***** up, come join us so we don't look bad." Well ef that. I will always root for UT but this fan base has become what they hurled on the field. TRASH! I choose to cheer on the Vols, but I choose to not cheer with trash people.

I was in the student section in 2000 for the Gaffney no-catch, and nothing was thrown onto the field. That was a bigger game with more on the line, against a coach just as hated.

This whole episode reminded me why I don’t like to go to events any longer, and reconfirmed my growing disdain for people in general.

Reactions: NashVol11
SEC commissioner Greg Sankey issued a statement condemning the actions of Tennessee's fans:
"The Conference has established expectations for behavior and sportsmanship, and the actions of fans at Saturday night’s game were unacceptable under any circumstances. We are accustomed to intense competition every week, but under no circumstances is it acceptable to endanger the content participants and disrupt a game. We will review existing Conference policies and the Commissioner’s authority to impose penalties and communicate with the leadership at the University of Tennessee—and all of the SEC’s member universities—to make certain this situation is not repeated."​
To Kiffin's credit, he did seem to have a good sense of humor about the situation after the game:
Source: Bleacher Report

VN Store

Back