Class of 07 Football Recruting

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, I'd agree about Vereen as well.

He is ripping one of the best HS conferences in NC as more or less a one horse show. The defense knows he's coming and still can't stop him.

The new rumor on Hickson(per a VQ poster that said it comes from a very credible source) is that his grandmother just purchased a condo in Knoxville.
I don't buy into rumors, but, if this is true, then one would have to assume that JJ is a Vol.

what are the odds that we land both these guys?

they are 2 of the top 11 players in the country according to rivals. this would surely be a huge boost to recruiting.

see many seem to disagree with the assessment of eric berry. Ive heard due to his family ties that it will undeniably come down to UT and UGA.

basically 2 recruits that you want on your team. eric berry's father (or uncle or somethin) played for tennessee I believe but he has strong ties with UGA as well.

berry seems like more of the long shot of the 2. Donald will be the next great one in a long line of great LB's

my take on BJ Coleman tonight...Nice foot work, good vision, very strong good looking throw..but he over shot his WRs some..Might of been because he dove to early..But the WR # 1 is for real!

Eric Berry doesn't even have us in his top 3...he's a near lock for UGA though

I am sure you are repeating something you think is true. But, we are 100% in Eric Berry's top 3. Not saying he is a lock for UT at all. But, he was at the UT/Florida game. He said he loved it and he would definately be back to Knoxville for an official visit. He said a lot of positives about UT. He talked to Fulmer and Cutcliffe on his visit for the Florida game and they discussed how he would be used OFFENSIVELY and he said he loved what they had to say. So, no offense, I just wanted to clear up the information. We are in the Eric Berry race and will remain until the end most likely. UGA and UT will be invovled down to the wire, although he could still pull a surprise because he is saying he will visit USC.

we need Berry, no doubt, but austin and barksdale and donald are at the top of my wish list

Don't be surprised if we pick up a commitment today. Austin Johnson(2008 class) is expected to be in town for his second consecutive unofficial to Knoxville. He is a 6'4" 235 LB from NC. He runs a 4.55 40 and benches 225 16 or 17 times. He is the top player in NC for next year. That gives us 3 commitments for the next class-the top lineman recruit(and possibly the top recruit) in TN, a top 10 and maybe top 5 player in SC, and the top player in NC.

basically 2 recruits that you want on your team. eric berry's father (or uncle or somethin) played for tennessee I believe but he has strong ties with UGA as well.

berry seems like more of the long shot of the 2. Donald will be the next great one in a long line of great LB's
Are you talking about James Berry?? That played for UT in the late 70's and the early 80's.

Lets see...If Eric Berry is gonna be at his 2nd UT game in a row, and we're playin Marshall..While UGA is also playing at home..That has to be some kind of good news.

I have ordered the UT game and I am bored waiting on the rain delay. So, I am going to give my educated-expert opinion on what the recruiting class will end up looking like.

Already verballed:
ATH-Brent Vinson, 5 star
LB/DE-Gerald Williams, 4 star
OL-Darris Sawtelle, 4 star
QB-BJ Coleman, 4 star
RB-Daryl Vereen, 4 star
WR-Todd Campbell, 4 star
S/LB-DeShaun Barnes, 4 star
ATH-Art Evans, 4 star
CB-CJ Fleming, 4 star
ATH-Anthony Anderson, 3 star
FB-Kevin Cooper, 3 star
LB-Alonzo Winfield, 3 star
WR-Tyler Maples, 3 star
RB-Josh Hawkins, 3 star

Others to come:
ATH-Eric Berry, 5 star
DT-Marvin Austin, 5 star
LB-Chris Donald, 5 star
LB/DE-Chris Walker, 4 star
ATH/S-Harrison Smith, 4 star
RB-Lennon Creer, 4 star
OL-Matt Romine, 4 star
DT-Kaniela Tuipulotu, 4 star
DE-Rufus Williams, 3 star
DT-Donald Langley, 3 star

We take but does not qualify:
QB/ATH- Joe Chiasson

What is missing?
Not a whole lot. OL quality is not up to par, but we have some good young OL that should start to produce soon. We hope. This would be a Top 5 class. Is it optimistic? Yes. But is it ridiculous? No. I didnt include any of the "wishful thinking" recruits like Armando Allen, Caleb King, Joseph Barksdale, Joe McKnight, or any of those types of players. All these players have expressed serious interest in UT. Many have visited or set up visits with UT. The longest shot on here is most likely Marvin Austin, and he is a key ingredient of this class. Without him the class can still be very, very stong. But, with him it can be as good as any team in the country. Game if finally starting. Bring it on!

nice icon freak looks bad ***

my take on BJ Coleman tonight...Nice foot work, good vision, very strong good looking throw..but he over shot his WRs some..Might of been because he dove to early..But the WR # 1 is for real!

I think #1 is Dozier and he went to camp at Tennessee this past summer and had a really good camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back