Class of 07 Football Recruting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vereen dashes for 289 yards, 4 TDs

Harding, however, couldn't contain Vereen, a Tennessee recruit. He had 18 carries for 185 yards and three touchdowns in the first half. He has rushed for 742 yards and 11 touchdowns in the past three games.

Vereen dashes for 289 yards, 4 TDs

Harding, however, couldn't contain Vereen, a Tennessee recruit. He had 18 carries for 185 yards and three touchdowns in the first half. He has rushed for 742 yards and 11 touchdowns in the past three games.
It doesnt matter because hes only a 3*. he cant be that good.

It doesnt matter because hes only a 3*. he cant be that good.

You can't go by how many stars they are, my friend. Justin Harrell was a 3* offensive lineman (scout.com). Now he's a future 1st round NFL draft pick at DT. Chris Hannon was a 1* QB... and now he's a WR for the Kansas City Chiefs. Ryan Karl was a 2* safety.

You can't go by how many stars they are, my friend. Justin Harrell was a 3* offensive lineman (scout.com). Now he's a future 1st round NFL draft pick at DT. Chris Hannon was a 1* QB... and now he's a WR for the Kansas City Chiefs. Ryan Karl was a 2* safety.
yes i know, that was a shot at all the guys that were bashing him and coleman and some others before they knew anything about them.

Hey Pappy , me and a couple others are heading to the game from Ringgold with some great seats. We need to hook up soon!!!!!

Unfortunately my wife owns a florist that specializes in weddings so I spend most of my Saturdays at various churches around Chattanooga trying to catch pieces of the games on the radio while we are setting up. Saturday was fun because the groom was a Tennessee fan so I kept running out to the van to give him updates. Another recruit update: Kevin Cooper had 201 rushing yards.

Coleman finished with 248 yards passing on 12-of-15 attempts. However, he was 9-of-10 passing for 207 yards in the first half.

very impressive, esp considering it was against Brentwood Academy
The McCallie game was on TV. He threw one ball about 40 yards on a rope, split two defenders and hit his receiver where only he could catch it. It was a big-time throw ... very impressive.

Tennessee's Recruiting is Lagging Behind According to Rivals dot com

Rivals dot com has been keeping track of the 2007 college football recruiting. According to Rivals Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, and Ole Miss have got more four-star commitments than Tennessee. Even Mississippi State has got more four-star commitments than Tennessee.

If the present trend continues Tennessee will be fighting against Kentucky and Vanderbilt to keep from having the lowest ranked recruiting class in the SEC.

Tennessee has got 13 commitments. One of UT's commitments is a four-star player. Ten of their commitments are three-star players.

Alabama has got 15 commitments. Six of Alabama's commitments are four-starplayers. Eight of their commitments are three-star players.

Auburn has got 13 commitments. Four of their commitments are four-star players. Nine of their commitments are three-star players.

Florida has got 16 commitments. One of their commitments is a five-star player. Eight of their commitments are four-star players. Four of their commitments are three-star players.

Georgia has got 18 commitments. Ten of their commitments are four-star players. Five of their players are three-star commitments.

LSU has got 14 commitments. Seven of their commitments are four-star players. Five of their commitments are three-star players.

South Carolina has got 8 commitments. Three of their commitments are four-star players. Two of their commitments are three-star players.

Ole Miss has got 17 commitments. Five of their commitments are four-star players. Nine of their commitments are three-star players.

Mississippi State has gopt 25 commitments. Two of their commitments are four-star players. Six of their players are three-star players.

Below is a breakdown of the commitments for 2007 according to the Rivals dot com football recruiting news service:

Tennessee
10 three-star players
1 four-star player
13 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=80

Alabama
8 three-star players
6 four-star players
15 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=2

Auburn
9 three-star players
4 four-star players
13 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=7

Florida
2 two-star players
4 three-star players
8 four-star players
1 five-star player
16 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=21

Georgia
5 three-star players
10 four-star players
17 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=26

LSU
2 two-star players
5 three-star players
7 four-star players
14 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=37

South Carolina
1 two-star player
2 three-star players
3 four-star players
8 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=69

Ole Miss
1 two-star player
9 three-star player
5 four-star players
17 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=47

Mississippi State
11 two-star players
6 three-star players
2 four-star players
25 commitments total
http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2007&School=48

Tom Lemming Says UT is Doing Pretty Good

On the brighter side of things, ESPN recruiting analyst Tom Lemming says that UT, as of September 18th, 2006 (i.e. today), has the 15th highest ranked recruiting class.

ESPN.com - NCF - RecruitTracker 2006

Tom Lemming says that Florida has the 12th highest ranked class, LSU has the tenth highest ranked class, Georgia has the 7th highest ranked class, and South Carolina has the 3rd highest ranked class.

The ESPN web site says that only players that have been evaluated by Scout dot com are included in the rankings for the schools.

A 15th highest ranked class is pretty good but still a far cry from perennial top-five classes UT used to enjoy.

Nice effort there, Volitics, after you swung and missed earlier with the recruiting ills post of yours... :lol: :p

Nice effort there, Volitics, after you swung and missed earlier with the recruiting ills post of yours... :lol: :p

Thanks. That earlier thread I started was kind of bone-headed. That's what I get for not paying attention.

Just wondering what you all think our chances are with the following players. These are players I have heard mentioned with Tennessee in recruiting.

Caleb King (RB)
Lennon Creer (RB)
John Clay (RB)
Travaris Cadet (QB)
Joe Chaisson (QB)
Kristofer O'Dowd (OG)
Rae Sykes (DE)
Marvin Austin (DT)
Joseph Barksdale (DT)
Chris Donald (OLB)
Chris Walker (OLB)
Eric Berry (CB/QB)
Joe McKnight (ATH)
Harrison Smith (ATH)

Caleb King (RB)-20%
Lennon Creer (RB)-55%
John Clay (RB)-10%
Travaris Cadet (QB)-50%
Joe Chaisson (QB)-60%
Kristofer O'Dowd (OG)-40%
Rae Sykes (DE)-50%
Marvin Austin (DT)-40%
Joseph Barksdale (DT)-33%
Chris Donald (OLB)-75%
Chris Walker (OLB)-60%
Eric Berry (CB/QB)-50%
Joe McKnight (ATH)-5%
Harrison Smith (ATH)-50%

There is absolutely nothing scientific about those guesses. The only reason I used numbers is because there is so much difference in meaning if you just say good, not good, so-so, etc.

I would put Berry at 75%. His comments from the weekend indicated that right now we are the one to beat. Just the fact that he is coming back to the Marshall game says a lot.

I would put Berry at 75%. His comments from the weekend indicated that right now we are the one to beat. Just the fact that he is coming back to the Marshall game says a lot.

I would say that Berry, Donald, Creer, Walker, and Chaisson are ours to lose.

Is there anyone that could be a "big suprise" on signing day? Someone that everyone thinks is set to go one place and then switches at the last minute and comes here.

"I would say that Berry, Donald, Creer, Walker, and Chaisson are ours to lose."

I agree UTvol--- from the past few weeks it seems like walker and berry have really swung in our favor. Plus the azz stomping put on Notre Dame, really put Donald in our favor. I mean come on Donald is a LB. ND has no DEFENSE they have #9, thats it. We have b@d azz LB's....Chaisson is all vol and i believe Creer is ours to. If we land all these plus Harrison Smith, we will have a very solid recruiting class. Man can't wait for our LB corps to look like this: OLB-Rico McCoy, MLB- G. Williams, OLB-Chris Donald....would be a NASTY LB CREW.

I won't pretend to understand recruiting all that much. But, couldn't Notre Dame's lack of LBs give them a good recruiting angle...such as...did you see that game? we need someone like you.

I won't pretend to understand recruiting all that much. But, couldn't Notre Dame's lack of LBs give them a good recruiting angle...such as...did you see that game? we need someone like you.
yes possibly, but if your a top notch LB that will get playing time anywhere you go,you probably wouldnt want to go to a school that is bad on D. It might not show of your ability to its fullest and might hurt your chances with the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back