Clash of Clans

I'm doing just fine. Don't have too much of all 3 resources. Go for one resource at a time. Right now I've been going for just DE to work on my heroes. I dump my gold into walls once I get 1 mil. Keep gold down and your DE flowing into troop upgrades/heroes when you need to save up for elixir. This game is about adapting. 5 months ago when I started out at th 9 I struggled so much I almost quit the game. It was a struggle even before the update.

I'm doing just fine. Don't have too much of all 3 resources. Go for one resource at a time. Right now I've been going for just DE to work on my heroes. I dump my gold into walls once I get 1 mil. Keep gold down and your DE flowing into troop upgrades/heroes when you need to save up for elixir. This game is about adapting. 5 months ago when I started out at th 9 I struggled so much I almost quit the game. It was a struggle even before the update.

That's what my buddy said he's been doing for a few months, but since the update he said he's having trouble keeping more than 3-3.5 million gold or elixir.

Killing shields for losing a TH may have been ok. Matching people based on TH, not trophy count may have been ok. Doing both sucks imo. So far it seems like if I want to progress I have to raid much more often with war level troops for minimal gains or spend money to buy gems. Neither of which I'm interested in doing.

I've read online strategies people use for farming or staying online till the personal break or anything else out there. Most of that stuff requires an actual time commitment. This is a game I get on for a couple minutes a few times a day. Build an army. Come back a couple hours later. Donate some troops. Maybe raid. Empty my collectors. Come back 2-3 hours later. Donate/empty collectors. I'm not going to sit and play Clash of Clans for hours straight like I may on a console.

Prior to the update, I just stayed around 1000 trophy count with my TH out. I raided maybe once or twice a day. I'd get a shield from my TH and I was fine with that. I used my collectors for a bunch of my resource gathering. Supposedly, Supercell didn't like people playing like I did. This doesn't feel like "we want to make the game better." It feels like "we want to make it harder so you casual people spend money."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I've spent zero dollars. I will spend zero dollars in the future. Mobile gaming is for wasting a few minutes a day. Not worth $.01 to play a game on a phone IMO.

My only complaint about the upgrade has been the farming situation. Before I was easily able to barch farm a combined 8-12 million resources a day, once we got past the loot free for all in the 2 days post patch it has sucked. I'd been lucky to even make a profit, for a few weeks I was losing resources everyday. I've just recently found an armry that works basically 2 golems, 8 giants, 4 wb, and the rest a mix of barbs/archers/wizards/ goblins. I'm not making anything like I was, but I'm at least making 1-1.5m elixer, 2-2.5m gold, and 6k de a day profit. I'm in the same boat you are, I went the 8.5 route so all my defences are still th8 lvls, and only my war troops have been upgraded so far. All my loot troops are still th8. I did find changing my base helped, I was getting consistently mauled, raped, and pillaged, but the new base I'm using must be more scarry looking, because I'm not getting hit anywhere near as often or hard as I was.

Get your Giants, Archers, and Barbs to lvl 6 and you'll see a big improvement with farming. I use about 12 giants, 4 wall breakers, 40 gobs, and the rest barbs and archers. I get a ton of DE with that. If I need elixir or gold, I'll go to crystal or masters and use balloonion.

There are a few. Go Big Orange! has a few from here. Use the punctuation to search and mention VN if you want to join.

I'm one of the very few who enjoy the new update. I like being able to attack multiple times before my shield/guard runs out. I raid with 1 healer, 21 giants, 13 wiz and the rest archers. Drop giants, then wiz behind them, once ad is down drop healer on giants. Archers are clean up. I like making over a mil before I get raided. I have a clan that currently level 5 (we broke off of a level 7 at the time). Need active players willing to listen and learn, thats not rushed. Clan name - Not A Potato

The bolded is precisely right. Having people, like me, spend no money at all is not good for their business.

Save up enough gems for a week long shield. With this crappy update, it's the only way I can upgrade anything over 350m elixir.

I'm getting raided for 350 to 450k elixir on almost every attack

In need of some strong members. We are lvl 8 and trying to take this thing to greater heights. We are very active and war constantly...

Search: vols - we are the only lvl 8 vols clan ...

In need of some strong members. We are lvl 8 and trying to take this thing to greater heights. We are very active and war constantly...

Search: vols - we are the only lvl 8 vols clan ...

Wow yall have someone in the Titian league. Looks like a solid clan.

I just thought to do a search for Clash ... There are a few VOL clans out there... I'm in a Level 9 clan - Go Big Orange! - and we're trying to pick up some solid members... constant war... Vols Nation is a level 10 clan; I'm not familiar with them, but they look pretty stacked and they're in the top 100 in the US. If you request to join, mention something about your VFL affiliation or you'll be rejected

Bump

If anyone is looking for a clan you can join TN Minutemen.

Also does anyone else play Clash Royale?

Anybody looking for a klan? We're looking for new fellow klansmen. Most are VN members. Search for...

Go Big Orange!

It's invite-only but there's no minimum trophy count.

Drop a post in the Pub thread if you would like an invite.

We need new members who are active

Just search the Clan Tag above

It's not a UT clan, but I'm in an active clan if anyone ever needs one. Just be active and use war attacks and clan game participation.

VN Store

Back