Clark Lea to Vanderbilt

Definitely, the guy I figured they would go with given his history at Vandy but yawn what a boring hire given the options they had!

I’m sure all 3 people in their fanbase are thrilled about their new coach.

Can we really criticize someone else’s hire? Kiffin....Dooley.....Butch.....Pruitt.

Typical hire for Vandy...They have not hired a coach with head coaching experince in over 25 years so this hire is not surprising.

I didn’t know much about him when he was hired to have any opinion.

I am impressed with the staff and support he is assembling. A good blend of College and NFL experience and a couple of creative choices like Barton Simmons.

I have no idea if it will work out or not, but he seems like a pretty sharp dude.

Nice payday for him.

Also Nashville > South Bend.

People ask why would anyone coach at Vandy? The answer is pretty simple: $15 million over 5 years, then you get your buyout, probably in the range of $5 - 12 million. You go back to being a DC afterwards, but in the meantime, you made a lot more money and got to live in a pretty nice, up and coming city. It's a sweet gig. It's like being a backup QB in the NFL; no fame and little glory, but the money is good.
Take one step off Notre Dame’s campus and South Bend is a complete **** hole. Sad really.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back