Clarence Thomas

Depending on the size of the cult, there can be a hierarchy. In some cases, the leadership will change, especially true when the cult has persisted over time, and leaders start to die.

The Church of Scientology is an example of this. It began with a spiritual, self-help manual called "Dianetics" by L. Ron Hubbard, published in 1950, which actually had some pretty good ideas regarding the relationship between mind and body. It wasn't quackery at all. Hubbard developed a following, and over time his ideology devolved into wing-nuttery... however, his following only continued to increase, and that is because his ideology wasn't what drew followers to his group. It was his own allure that drew members towards some pretty radical ideas (see Xenu). Hubbard died in 1986, and was replaced by an even more charismatic, but even bigger loon, named David Miscavige. Under Miscavige's leadership (and even to a lesser extent Tom Cruise), Scientology is now the perfect example of a cult.

For someone to say that a cult doesn't need a leader is just plain dumb.
Your first paragraph just described your political party.

.... but there is nothing wrong with this clown is there? The one who must reply to my every single post? Always speaking in circles and repeating things which have already been explained multiple times?
200-12-gif.455613

About Cults

Underneath :

"Checklist of Characteristics"
(of a cult)

The very first bullet point down, is as follows :
  • The group is focused on a living leader to whom members seem to display excessively zealous, unquestioning commitment.
The sixth bullet point down, is as follows :
  • The leadership dictates sometimes in great detail how members should think, act, and feel (for example : members must get permission from leaders to date, change jobs, get married; leaders may prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, how to discipline children, and so forth).
The ninth bullet point down, is as follows :
  • The group's leader is not accountable to any authorities (as are, for example, military commanders and ministers, priests, monks and rabbis of mainstream denominations).
The eleventh bullet point down, is as follows :
  • The leader induces guilt feelings in members in order to control them.

We have all of these references either to a "leader" or to "leadership" under a "Checklist of Characteristics" for a cult, but cults don't need a leader? Please see for yourselves how ridiculous such a premise is.

For my part, I will extend an olive branch here, and concede that a political party in a country which has a democratic system of elections (which includes the Republican Party in the United States), can not accurately be described as being a "cult", because it does not adhere to the ninth bullet point :

The leader of a political party in the United States is accountable to the American voter, and indeed, Donald Trump was held accountable in November of 2020, when he was voted out of office. This point was tested, however, by Trump's attempts to circumvent accountability, by retaining the office of the presidency, even though he had lost his re-election bid. Those attempts failed, however, so the Republican Party shouldn't be considered a cult. There is a clear system of accountability for elected officials in the United States.

I hope this was fair. I'm tired of this topic too, and I contributed to it more than anyone else - which, admittedly, does reflect a stubbornness of my own.

Last edited:
You haven't posted jack $hit which says a cult doesn't need a leader. You have posted ignorant claims, half-truths and outright lies. There is not a bigger clod on this forum, and that is no small statement. You have zero sense of self-awareness about you.

You were probably first in your high school's special education department, but you think that made you Valedictorian.
Were Lenin and Stalin cult leaders?

Were Lenin and Stalin cult leaders?
Vladimir Lenin definitely was. He was a revolutionary and political theorist with a cult of personality. He had followers.

Josef Stalin is more accurately described as an authoritarian tyrant, who ruled exclusively by brute force and intimidation. He didn't have followers; he had captives.

A cult leader has "followers". An authoritarian tyrant, like Stalin, has "captives". There is a big difference.

🤣

This cannot be real.
the account has been deleted (only took 2 days). Typical dem reverting to their racist KKK roots threatening a black judge.

edit: the racist dem assassin deactivated, tweeter was fine with the account.

Last edited:

Republican Party Rep. Paul Gosar has referred to the Supreme Court ruling of "Loving v Virginia" as being a disgrace... This was the ruling which ended bans on interracial marriage. I wonder how Clarence feels about that? 100% of his public criticisms of politicians are reserved for Democrats. It's a fair question.

Reactions: Vol Main
Republican Party Rep. Paul Gosar has referred to the Supreme Court ruling of "Loving v Virginia" as being a disgrace... This was the ruling which ended bans on interracial marriage. I wonder how Clarence feels about that? 100% of his public criticisms of politicians are reserved for Democrats. It's a fair question.
I know you spend a great deal of your time intoxicated since flaming out as a bank teller, but pointing fingers about racism in response to a clearly racist meme ain't a good look.

I know you spend a great deal of your time intoxicated since flaming out as a bank teller, but pointing fingers about racism in response to a clearly racist meme ain't a good look.
LOL. My post wasn't racist at all. To the contrary, I believe that the "Loving v. Virginia" ruling was not only right, but such a ruling should have happened long before 1967. If there is a racist in this discussion, it would be Rep. Paul Gosar... not me. Why hasn't Clarence Thomas denounced Gosar? It's a fair question.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol
LOL. My post wasn't racist at all. To the contrary, I believe that the "Loving v. Virginia" ruling was not only right, but such a ruling should have happened long before 1967. If there is a racist in this discussion, it would be Rep. Paul Gosar... not me. Why hasn't Clarence Thomas denounced Gosar? It's a fair question.
Again, lay off the sauce.

You are accusing someone of being racist.

You are quoting a post of a racist meme that you yourself liked.

I know the beer goggles are thick, but certainly you can see the issue here, no?

Reactions: BreatheUT
You do realize that the Loving case mainly centered around 14th Amendment/equal protection, right? Laws banned black/white marriages but made no mention of white/Asian, Black/Latin, etc.

Loving v. Virginia - Wikipedia

Spoken as if you are forever giving off good looks. Knock, knock. Hello. Anybody home?

Clarence Thomas says American citizens are seemingly 'more interested in their iPhones' than 'their Constitution': book

In his latest book, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, laments that more Americans are not attuned to the United States' Constitution. Justice Thomas also states his belief that Americans spend too much time on their iPhones.

Why hasn't Clarence Thomas had this conversation with his wife, Ginni?

Ginni Thomas saw overturning Biden's win as a "Constitutional duty"

On November 9, 2020, Ginni Thomas sent an e-mail to the Arizona Speaker of the House, Russell Bowers, which said, "Please do your Constitutional duty!", and choose a "clean slate of electors." Bowers testified before the January 6th Committee last week. According to a full copy of the e-mail that Ginni Thomas sent to Speaker Bowers, she wrote that,

"Article II of the United States Constitution gives you an awesome responsibility: to choose our state's Electors. This means you have the power to fight back against fraud and ensure our elections are free, fair and honest."

Ginni Thomas further added that,

"This responsibility is yours and yours alone -- it doesn't rest with any Board of Elections, Secretary of State, Governor or even court. And it certainly doesn't rest with the media."

However, Ginni Thomas and her interpretation of the United States Constitution is wrong.

Article II of the Constitution states that every state "shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress."

Choosing a State's Electors is a two part process.

1) The political parties in each State choose slates of potential electors sometime before the general election.

2) During the general election, the voters in each State select their State's electors by casting their ballots.

While some state legislatures chose electors in the past, nowadays, voters are responsible for that process. Article II of the Constitution does NOT grant legislators with that responsibility as Ginni Thomas asserted.

In order to have written a book chastising other Americans for being ignorant of the United States Constitution and for spending too much time on their phones, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas must not have a single shred of self-awareness about him. His activist wife, spent close to 3 months on her phone from November of 2020 until January of 2021, sending literally thousands of e-mails and text messages to various federal, state and local officials, where she frequently encouraged them to take action that they did not have the power to take under the United States Constitution.

I'm not an alcoholic failed bank teller OR a fervent old fetishist that happens to also be racist, so not sure what you're on about.

His post is not about himself. But since you want to go down that road, I've seen some disturbing reports about you. Very disturbing reports. Lucky for you I am not a low character, gossip monger.

You do realize that the Loving case mainly centered around 14th Amendment/equal protection, right? Laws banned black/white marriages but made no mention of white/Asian, Black/Latin, etc.

Yes, but lawmakers at the time were exclusively white in the state of Virginia. It is not making a big leap to assign racial animus among them, as a motive behind their law, even when they unsuccessfully defended it for being "equally burdensome" among all races.

The Loving v. Virginia ruling also includes due process arguments, which Justice Thomas generally claims should be overturned, all of them. Wouldn't that send Loving back?

VN Store

Back