Clarence Thomas

The accepted text book definition of a cult does not require a leader.

That’s it, I’m not talking about this any longer with the willfully ignorant
That is not true. A cult will always have a leader. You don't get to define terms, just so you can "win" an argument.

Yes, you do.
So childish. What do you want me to say? "Do not" so I can listen to another refrain of "do too!"? I mean, the original definition of "cult" involved religion, not politics, but you have zero problem ignoring that part. A cult can be dedicated to an ideology.

So childish. What do you want me to say? "Do not" so I can listen to another refrain of "do too!"? I mean, the original definition of "cult" involved religion, not politics, but you have zero problem ignoring that part. A cult can be dedicated to an ideology.
LOL. That is what @Orangeslice13 has been doing to me for the last two pages now... You didn't seem to have a problem with what he was doing, so I thought I would try out the 3rd grade tactic on you.

A cult revolves around devotion to a leader. That is what comes first. If the leader then makes ideology a litmus test for membership; then and only then, do ideas become prominent within the group. However, the shared commitment of the group is not towards the leader's ideology. It is towards the leader himself.

Orange crush was the all time greatest at the nuh-uh uh-huh game. We would never quit. I think he could beat the most stubborn 10 year old.
I once tried to tell him that the winner was the one who ended the game first not the one who said it last.
I think he responded "nuh-uh!"

Religious cults have leaders.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
LOL. That is what @Orangeslice13 has been doing to me for the last two pages now... You didn't seem to have a problem with what he was doing, so I thought I would try out the 3rd grade tactic on you.

A cult revolves around devotion to a leader. That is what comes first. If the leader then makes ideology a litmus test for membership; then and only then, do ideas become prominent within the group. However, the shared commitment of the group is not towards the leader's ideology. It is towards the leader himself.
You are blindly obedient to the Democratic Party. Whether are not you choose to acknowledge it is indeed cult-like, realize you are just as much a sheep as Trump sheep are.

literally the first day of psy 520 at UT we were taught that a cult does not always have a leader and cults based solely on ideas often don’t know who ordinated the ideas.

What are the 5 most famous religious cults?

1) The Church of Scientology (L. Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige)
2) The People's Temple (Rev. Jim Jones)
3) The Branch Davidians (David Koresh)
4) Heaven's Gate (Marshall Applewhite)
5) The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Warren Jeffs)

All 5 had very clear leaders. Their ideology only mattered, as it was defined by those leaders.

You are blindly obedient to the Democratic Party. Whether are not you choose to acknowledge it is indeed cult-like, realize you are just as much a sheep as Trump sheep are.
You are describing zealotry, not specifically cultism. Zealots have common features with cultists, but they are not entirely the same thing. Namely, a cult follower is devoted to a leader. A zealot can be devoted to a leader as well, but that won't always be the case..

The fact that nobody is taking the time to show you how wrong you are should tell you what you need to know. But you do you. Believe what you want.
What kind of logic is this?

For all the replies which have been posted, nobody has provided a definition to the term "cult" that says a leader isn't required.

^^^^ This fact ^^^^ is much more telling, than whatever you're talking about.

You haven't proven $hit. You never do. You're playing the same game he is... just say you're right and the other poster is wrong enough times, and a Jedi mind trick will kick in... or something like that.
And once again you're getting angry LMAO.

You got angry because it's been proven now that your political party is a cult. Don't believe me. Take a look at Occupy Democrats on Facebook and the Palmer Report on Twitter. The cult is on full display for everyone to see.

What are the 5 most famous religious cults?

1) The Church of Scientology (L. Ron Hubbard and David Miscavige)
2) The People's Temple (Rev. Jim Jones)
3) The Branch Davidians (David Koresh)
4) Heaven's Gate (Marshall Applewhite)
5) The Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Warren Jeffs)

All 5 had very clear leaders. Their ideology only mattered, as it was defined by those leaders.
Once again. Funny that you don't mention the cult of communism and it's many leaders like Mao, Lenin, Stalin, Marx, Pol Pot. Why is that?

In case anyone forgot.
A cult doesn’t have to have a leader. It can be based on belief or ideas or even an object

View attachment 455692
What's funny in all this is when me and BB85 had this discussion awhile back he even stated ideology or set of ideas in his original definition. When pointed out that him and other democrats are devoted to the ideology he immediately dismissed it and insisted a cult must have a leader.

He also won't admit that these communist regimes were cults.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
He's the wrong kind of Supreme Court Justice ... and by wrong, I mean completely disengaged from the oral arguments being presented. Historically, Supreme Court Justices use this time to ask questions of the respective counsels, and probe the legal theories being tested. Clarence, however, never utters a word, and uses this time to either catch up on some sleep, or mine his nose for boogers. Clarence never leaves the impression that he has been something other than indifferent to the proceedings. Clarence always votes with his fellow conservative Justices, while completely delegating the responsibility of his written opinions to his clerks (per a well-documented report from 2007 in The Washington Post, which Clarence never rebutted). Clarence is not exactly the hardest working man in showbiz. No such lazy a$$ person should be on our highest court.

Feels a touch racist

You’re comparing MSNBC in terms of extremism to random people in trailer parks?
... and you clearly didn't read the article. Among those quoted were former Rep. Doug Collins from Georgia, whose comments following RBG's death were celebratory in nature. Rep. Collins hardly fits your description.

The other people quoted were (supposedly) Christian evangelists, although the comments they were making are not typically what you expect to see from Christians.

literally the first day of psy 520 at UT we were taught that a cult does not always have a leader and cults based solely on ideas often don’t know who ordinated the ideas.
LOL. There is no reason to believe a single word of this. It is a transparent attempt to prove the ignorant nonsense you have been spouting.

In case anyone forgot.
A cult doesn’t have to have a leader. It can be based on belief or ideas or even an object

View attachment 455692
Nowhere in this definition does it say that a cult doesn't need a leader. I have provided a source, posted many times, which says that without a leader, the group in question is not a cult. A cult revolves around its leader... beliefs can be the focus of the cult's devotion, but only if the leader has ordained those beliefs as such. The leader is always central to the cult's devotion; not the leader's beliefs.

Nowhere in this definition does it say that a cult doesn't need a leader. I have provided a source, posted many times, which says that without a leader, the group in question is not a cult. A cult revolves around its leader... beliefs can be the focus of the cult's devotion, but only if the leader has ordained those beliefs as such. The leader is always central to the cult's devotion; not the leader's beliefs.

This is important to you isn't it?

VN Store

Back