Clarence Thomas

He knows how a cult is defined ... and you do not.
I do. You clearly do not understand that a cult can be defined by its ideology. You keep coming back to "it has to have a leader!". Are you saying the Democrats have never had leaders? I think you need to do more critical thinking on the subject.

BB85 is comical. Awhile back when we were having this discussion he even claimed it was devotion to a charismatic leader or ideology. Once I pointed out that the definition can be applied to the democrat party because of its ideology he immediately backtracked. Now he is backtracking again because a strong argument and case has been made that his political party is a cult.
No, I said ideology can matter - if the leader of the cult says it matters. However, it's not the ideas that the cult members revolve around. The cult revolves around the leader.

Example :

It does matter if Republicans believe that the 2020 Presidential Election was rigged... but that only matters, because it matters to Trump. The cult leader's interests are always served first.

I do. You clearly do not understand that a cult can be defined by its ideology. You keep coming back to "it has to have a leader!". Are you saying the Democrats have never had leaders? I think you need to do more critical thinking on the subject.
Only if the leader has defined it that way, though. Even then, it's not the ideology that the cult is devoted to - it's the leader.

No, I said ideology can matter - if the leader of the cult says it matters. However, it's not the ideas that the cult members revolve around. The cult revolves around the leader.

Example :

It does matter if Republicans believe that the 2020 Presidential Election was rigged... but that only matters, because it matters to Trump. The cult leader's interests are always served first.
I posted you sources that you have now completely ignored stating that a cult is also a devotion to an ideology. In this case your devotion is to the democrat party and it can be classified now as a cult. Based on not only from the sources I provided but also based on what you even said in the past.

How many times have you mentioned Trump again today in order to deflect from your political party's failures?

I stopped reading right here.
There is no “yes but” in the definition
View attachment 455634
That explains your ignorance then. The rest of that post is critical to the point. What the leader says goes. You don't have a cult without a leader, and ideas only matter if the leader says they matter. Even then. it's not those ideas that the cult members are devoted to ... The leader is the object of devotion, and what he says is the law.

That explains your ignorance then. The rest of that post is critical to the point. What the leader says goes. You don't have a cult without a leader, and ideas only matter if the leader says they matter. Even then. it's not those ideas that the cult members are devoted to ... The leader is the object of devotion, and what he says is the law.
You can have a cult without a leader. Sources and links have been provided to prove you wrong.

However, your current leader is the man you voted for. None other than Jim Crow Joe Biden himself.

I posted you sources that you have now completely ignored stating that a cult is also a devotion to an ideology. In this case your devotion is to the democrat party and it can be classified now as a cult. Based on not only from the sources I provided but also based on what you even said in the past.

How many times have you mentioned Trump again today in order to deflect from your political party's failures?
No. A cult is a devotion to a leader. Ideology only matters if that leader says it matters. Even when ideology matters, such as Republicans being forced to believe that the 2020 Presidential Election was rigged, it only matters because Trump says so.

You can have a cult without a leader. Sources and links have been provided to prove you wrong.

However, your current leader is the man you voted for. None other than Jim Crow Joe Biden himself.
No, you can't. Show me a source which says that a cult does not need a leader. I have shown you a source which specifically says that without a leader, you don't have a cult. You are full of $hit.

No, you can't. Show me a source which says that a cult does not need a leader. You are full of $hit.
Provided you the sources already. Which you are completely ignoring because my post was well organized and proved you wrong once again.

You might want to stop embarrassing yourself for the night.

Provided you the sources already. Which you are completely ignoring because my post was well organized and proved you wrong once again.

You might want to stop embarrassing yourself for the night.
You have not provided a source which says that a cult doesn't need a leader. I have provided a source which very clearly states that "without a leader, there is no cult."

Who’s buying all the Trump coverage on CNN and MSNBC .. they got him elected as much as the left putting up Hills did . 🤷‍♂️
I've heard that endlessly so maybe there is some truth to it, but to whatever degree it is true, it's a negative reflection on those who viewed it as a factor.

You have not provided a source which says that a cult doesn't need a leader. I have provided a source which very clearly states that "without a leader, there is no cult."
And like we have stated multiple times. Your current leader is Joe Biden. And the ideology you are devoted to is the democrat party. Your devotion to your ideology is what caused you to vote for this massive failure of a current president.

I've heard that endlessly so maybe there is some truth to it, but to whatever degree it is true, it's a negative reflection on those who viewed it as a factor.
Ben Carson was actually ahead in the polls at one time. I believe a few days after that poll it seemed to be wall to wall coverage of Trump from that point on.

I think we can all agree that the most destructive cult in world history was Germany's Nazi Party. Now, some of you would probably be inclined to believe that Nazi Party membership revolved around a commitment to the belief that the Aryan race was the "master race", and that Jews were biologically inferior.

However, that would be wrong. The object of devotion for Nazi's was Adolf Hitler. The beliefs that the Aryan race was the master race, and that Jews were akin to vermin, was only significant for party membership, because Hitler said so. The Nazi's were not devoted to this idea. They were devoted to Hitler, and to believing whatever he said..

I think we can all agree that the most destructive cult in world history was Germany's Nazi Party. Now, some of you would probably be inclined to believe that Nazi Party membership revolved around a commitment to the belief that the Aryan race was the "master race", and that Jews were biologically inferior.

However, that would be wrong. The object of devotion for Nazi's was Adolf Hitler. The beliefs that the Aryan race was the master race, and that Jews were akin to vermin, was only significant for party membership, because Hitler said so. The Nazi's were not devoted to this idea. They were devoted to Hitler.
So based upon that we can safely say that Castro, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot were also cult leaders? Communist ideology is also cult like in nature.

No. A large group of concerned citizens who recognized the dangers of a massive cult.

Dude just stop. The percentage of Trump supporters who are cult like are extremely small. And what was the dangers? Especially since we were much better off under Trump? And before you say we weren’t, the data says we were.

And like we have stated multiple times. Your current leader is Joe Biden. And the ideology you are devoted to is the democrat party. Your devotion to your ideology is what caused you to vote for this massive failure of a current president.
That is ridiculous.

However, that would be wrong. The object of devotion for Nazi's was Adolf Hitler. The beliefs that the Aryan race was the master race, and that Jews were akin to vermin, was only significant for party membership, because Hitler said so. The Nazi's were not devoted to this idea. They were devoted to Hitler, and to believing whatever he said..

Too bad you really don’t know your history.

I stopped reading here.
You’re wrong about the definition of a cult and that’s the end of it.
No, that's not the end of it. I have supplied a source which very clearly states that a cult must have a leader. It's hilarious that you think it makes you right, just because you say I'm wrong. Your debating skills are that of a child on a playground.

The democrat party to me is more like a religious cult. They have leaders who are always going to be the face of the party. Like Obama and their current man Joe Biden. However, their followers are more controlled by the organization and ideology itself and will follow it regardless. They could come out tomorrow and openly be the anti-working class party and people like BB85 will go right along with them on it.

No, that's not the end of it. I have supplied a source which very clearly states that a cult must have a leader. It's hilarious that you think it makes you right, just because you say I'm wrong. Your debating skills are that of a child on a playground.
You’re wrong about the definition of a cult and that’s the end of it. “How stuff works” is a explanation of one possible method but the definition covers all.
Some trump supporters are cultists in their behavior but that doesn’t make all of them in the cult. Your behavior is cultists but that doesn’t make all democrats in a cult.

But once again, the main takeaway here is you’re wrong

You’re wrong about the definition of a cult and that’s the end of it. “How stuff works” is a explanation of one possible method but the definition covers all.
Some trump supporters are cultists in their behavior but that doesn’t make all of them in the cult. Your behavior is cultists but that doesn’t make all democrats in a cult.

But once again, the main takeaway here is you’re wrong
... but I'm not wrong. A cult must have a leader, and cult followers believe only what the cult leader wants them to believe. Those beliefs do not define inclusion into the cult. A cult is defined by loyalty and devotion towards the cult leader, first and foremost. Then ... it is obedience to the cult leader's beliefs. The leader is served first.

VN Store

Back