CJP: "Our Fans Never Gave Up"

I remember that, it was hilarious. It was right after JG threw to his check down for no gain on a third and long. Lol...dude was irate.

I am still cracking up over it.

He is the embodiment of every Vol fan.

You could really feel the passion in his distress over Guarantano's ...ahem...situational awareness.

What a game! Also enjoyed introducing IU fans to football in the SEC, as my 8 yr old was screaming at the top of his lungs every time we were on defense. One IU fan in row in front of us plugged her ears every time. Another told her she hopes she has hearing tomorrow as they left. Too bad they didn't stay for end. Go Vols!!!
Does anyone actually have anything decent to say about those Indiana pricks?

I'm very proud of this Tax Slayer Bowl victory, once again this season the Vols turned anther corner. GBO!!!!! # Go Vol Beat Charlotte!!!!

If anybody is still watching Tennessee after the last 10 years, they are a real fan.

True to point. Fumbles and interceptions are real plays as well as first downs and touchdowns. Those fans that want to feature snarky comments in anger based on the faith in their own root cause analysis are real as well as those that silently hurt but offer encouragement for the next play when viewing the same events. TheIr value add to the program is not equal. It is for sure each fan’s right to choose their own methodologies of fandom, but not to establish their own value to the program. Kind of like having to deal with Mom’s dry turkey and lumpy potatoes. Dog cussing is rarely the best option for someone or something you love.

Reactions: vols40
Come to think of it, I don't. Had one cut in front of me and my 2 kids at bathroom and another mocked my 8 yr old when Nigel broke up that pass near the end.

In the interview following the game, Coach Pruitt echoed these words, which should go down in UT football history infamy, as never has this living group of Vol Fans had their patience, endurance and dedication to the orange more tested than this year, especially considering the past 10 or so years of misfortune.

I am proud to be a Vol today but, more proud of each one of the fans that stuck it out this year and supported our players and coaching staff. I know personally that my support waned and wobbled this Fall but, the one factor that I held onto was believing in our head coach. He is truly a proven winner and rallied a battle fatigued group of soldiers into an army. Thank you Coach Jeremy Pruitt - it's Great to be a Vol!

Friend of mine and I were at the game and the atmosphere was amazing. The fans were loud and we never gave up and we put on more steam!!

When I was young I was playing nerf football in my yard emulating my favorite Vols. Then playing Nerf hoop doing the same. I am now 54 and that was some of my favorite years as a Vols Fan.

I was in Jacksonville for 3 days and have nothing at all bad to say about Indiana fans. We were sitting on the Indiana sideline and there were way more Hoosier fans around us than Vol fans and everyone was extremely friendly. Nothing but respect for the Indiana fans here.

Reactions: strongj81
I was in Jacksonville for 3 days and have nothing at all bad to say about Indiana fans. We were sitting on the Indiana sideline and there were way more Hoosier fans around us than Vol fans and everyone was extremely friendly. Nothing but respect for the Indiana fans here.
Besides 98% being between the ages of 55-66. I guess they haven’t been good in anything in a LONG time. It was nuts, they were all older.

The real fans are the ones he was referring to in that statement

So by comparison.... in the 1700's ... the supporters of the crown red coats were the "Real Fans" and the Colonists that didn't like the way things were going at the time were the actual bad guys (negacolonists)...so they should have shut up and went with the flow.

like most things....its all perception and relativity ! Both sides are right and both sides are wrong.

;)

We met some at our parking spot at Lot E and they were very nice. Two older couples that were all Indiana alums. We talked with them for quite some time while waiting for our lot to open up. The driver said the last bowl game he had gone to was the 1988 Peach Bowl when UT came back and beat Indiana with a come from behind touchdown with less than two minutes to go. After this game I wonder if he will ever go to another one?

The ones I talked to after the game walking to the car were all pretty nice.

But the two Indiana fans in front of us at the game (they were males around age 25-30ish) were going crazy when Indiana had the ball and were playing on their phone the rest of the time. It was weird. When Indiana would get a big play they'd look up from their phones and start going ballistic with excitement and taunting Vol fans, even though they didn't actually see the play because they were on their phone. I've just never seen people who SEEM to be so excited about their team, but not really ever actually watch the game. Strange stuff.

The ones I talked to after the game walking to the car were all pretty nice.

But the two Indiana fans in front of us at the game (they were males around age 25-30ish) were going crazy when Indiana had the ball and were playing on their phone the rest of the time. It was weird. When Indiana would get a big play they'd look up from their phones and start going ballistic with excitement and taunting Vol fans, even though they didn't actually see the play because they were on their phone. I've just never seen people who SEEM to be so excited about their team, but not really ever actually watch the game. Strange stuff.

Some of them don't know football lol. They were standing up getting loud when their offense was on 3rd down

Reactions: Shocker0
We’ve been through Dooley, Butch, and Schiano.

If you’re still watching and supporting the Vols to this very day, you’re definitely a true fan.

It’s more of an obligation for me since I went to school there.

I’m considering going back to Alabama or Clemson for another degree.

Some of them don't know football lol. They were standing up getting loud when their offense was on 3rd down

Hahaha I was gonna mention that too! They were doing IU chants and yelling on big third downs when they had the ball. Then when we had the ball on offense a lot of them were dead silent. It was funny.

Hahaha I was gonna mention that too! They were doing IU chants and yelling on big third downs when they had the ball. Then when we had the ball on offense a lot of them were dead silent. It was funny.

They also need to practice their tact. Firing up the band and chanting Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosier with Bituli on the ground was a bit Bush league. But I really thought this was a fan base that was excited about their team and just cheering them on the best they could. I told a super cool Indiana fan behind me that had been very cordial all game that I hope they take that next step next year and would definitely approve of them beating Franklin the rest of my life.

We never gave up. Even the ones that didn’t believe in the beginning didn’t. We’re still believing. Believing into 2020.

VN Store

Back