CJP: "Our Fans Never Gave Up"

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
In the interview following the game, Coach Pruitt echoed these words, which should go down in UT football history infamy, as never has this living group of Vol Fans had their patience, endurance and dedication to the orange more tested than this year, especially considering the past 10 or so years of misfortune.

I am proud to be a Vol today but, more proud of each one of the fans that stuck it out this year and supported our players and coaching staff. I know personally that my support waned and wobbled this Fall but, the one factor that I held onto was believing in our head coach. He is truly a proven winner and rallied a battle fatigued group of soldiers into an army. Thank you Coach Jeremy Pruitt - it's Great to be a Vol!

That's very nice of him, but confirms that he doesn't read VN.
Why should he follow VN? Abunch of fans turn on anybody and everybody when anythings goes wrong. They go to football games but, rank the players and coaches over the coals when they get the chance. Last night was a good example of their impatience. If I was a coach, I wouldn't read a lot of the stuff that people post on here either. If i had a son playing at Tennessee, I wouldn't read it either.

🚨 🚨Cue the “Real Fan” Police 🚨 🚨

HERE! lol

I don't know. We were talking about how quiet our fanbase got in the 3rd/4th last night. Even when our D made a few big plays it was pretty quiet in there. So, yes, our fans are the unchallenged #1 in the nation, but a case of the "I give ups" crept in for about a 1/4 last night IMO.

What a game! Also enjoyed introducing IU fans to football in the SEC, as my 8 yr old was screaming at the top of his lungs every time we were on defense. One IU fan in row in front of us plugged her ears every time. Another told her she hopes she has hearing tomorrow as they left. Too bad they didn't stay for end. Go Vols!!!

I do hope Pruitt seeks this guy out and let's him run through the T at every home game next season.

He was the catalyst in the win last night.

View attachment 251488

I remember that, it was hilarious. It was right after JG threw to his check down for no gain on a third and long. Lol...dude was irate.

He was obviously completely oblivious to the outside world if he didn't think the fans gave up on this team.

Reactions: Frozevol
In the interview following the game, Coach Pruitt echoed these words, which should go down in UT football history infamy, as never has this living group of Vol Fans had their patience, endurance and dedication to the orange more tested than this year, especially considering the past 10 or so years of misfortune.

I am proud to be a Vol today but, more proud of each one of the fans that stuck it out this year and supported our players and coaching staff. I know personally that my support waned and wobbled this Fall but, the one factor that I held onto was believing in our head coach. He is truly a proven winner and rallied a battle fatigued group of soldiers into an army. Thank you Coach Jeremy Pruitt - it's Great to be a Vol!

I’m sure it’s been said but CJP clearly doesn’t know Volnation exists. I think it’s best for everyone if that remains the case.

How many more overthrown late passes must a fan watch live, before you can call him a fan? If anyone cut off the game last night, I wouldn't blame them one bit. Hell, I cut it off the big TV at the start of the fourth -- but I put it back on the small TV after a break because fourteen was one more than thirteen, and Indiana only had 13 more than Tennessee. Two scores in a row, I figured. Glad I was not disappointed.

I sat through four quarters of Rex Grossman pantsing Tennessee in a downpour so hard we couldn't see the field for half the game. Up to that day, I'd never left a game early and shook my head at people who did. But when people started leaving that one early, I realized I didn't blame them one bit. And that judging people's fandom based on how much punishment they were willing to endure was kinda silly.

VN Store

Back