CJH: "Staff In Place By Monday"

Well it seems Washington turned us down even though we doubled his salary. Just promote Steele and get it over with.
TRIPLED. He makes 500k, reported offer is 1.5 mil.

No way he turns that down, I think he will accept it. He will make in 3 years what he normally would make in almost 10, it’s like hitting the lottery for him.

TRIPLED. He makes 500k, reported offer is 1.5 mil.

No way he turns that down, I think he will accept it. He will make in 3 years what he normally would make in almost 10, it’s like hitting the lottery for him.

OSU is going to bump his pay, how much? Enough to keep him where he might want to be?

Money is not Everything to everyone.

Yes he would be. Great recruiter...young energetic
View attachment 349609
That certainly seems like a good DC resume. My only question would be why hasn’t he become one sooner but that could be because he was holding out for a certain level or maybe even certain locations. The guy seems as qualified as anyone who hasn’t been a DC can be though. If he’s energetic and can recruit like another poster said then I’d feel pretty good about giving him a shot.

Reactions: VolnJC
That certainly seems like a good DC resume. My only question would be why hasn’t he become one sooner but that could be because he was holding out for a certain level or maybe even certain locations. The guy seems as qualified as anyone who hasn’t been a DC can be though. If he’s energetic and can recruit like another poster said then I’d feel pretty good about giving him a shot.
He is only 36.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Why am I not surprised that UT would get into a bidding war for a position coach that's never been a coordinator?
Well CJH must see something in him to want him to be defensive coordinator......just sayin';)

That's a lot of guaranteed money for an unproven commodity.

The Proven talk is old...,. There's plenty of unproven guys that do great and there'r plenty of proven guys that go great....the best DC we got in recent years did terrible here....Bob Shoop. Tom Herman was a grade slam hire failed at one of the easiest to recruit to jobs in the country. Forst isn't near as successful at Nebraska as everyone thought he would be. Etc etc

The Proven talk is old...,. There's plenty of unproven guys that do great and there'r plenty of proven guys that go great....the best DC we got in recent years did terrible here....Bob Shoop. Tom Herman was a grade slam hire failed at one of the easiest to recruit to jobs in the country. Forst isn't near as successful at Nebraska as everyone thought he would be. Etc etc

He very well could turn into a defensive genius and I hope if he takes the job he does but nothing on his resume to date shows he deserves 1.5 mil and 3 years guaranteed. Remember Sal? Everyone thought he was overdue for a DC job when he came here.

What man with even a basic amount of self-respect would come here without a lot of guaranteed money?

One that knows in his gut he's got what it takes.

I'm good with the 3 year contract but at 1.5 mil that's a little much IMO for an unproven DC.

Reactions: OldandStillaVol
Tennessee has a habit of making position coaches in to DCs. That man's name...

THE CHIEF

image.ashx

Reactions: Border Vol
One that knows in his gut he's got what it takes.

I'm good with the 3 year contract but at 1.5 mil that's a little much IMO for an unproven DC.

I agree. Maybe hog and I are just old, but in my work, past experience on the job is the primary indicator of what to offer someone. Sure, we hire people without experience because we think they have excellent potential but we certainly don't throw out a huge salary to them. If they decline a reasonable increase to what they are making now, we just move on.

VN Store

Back