CJH: "Staff In Place By Monday"

HOW MUCH HE’LL BE INVOLVED WITH DEFENSE
“I think you have to hire the right guy in all of your leadership roles in your program. Give them a view of what you want and expect. But then you have to let them do their job. You have to pair it with the same mentality on both sides of the ball. Force negative plays, force people into third and long stuatinos and great third down packages to get off the field.”
Hallelujah

Hmm wonder who is still there...
“Some guys who were in the portal are still here. You had individual meetings with them and gave them comfort of who you are so those guys are back on campus and working out with us.”

Also... what’s does this mean...
“force people into third and long stuatinos”
thought it was a new menu item at the local Mexicano restaurant 😂

The more opportunities Josh has to share his vision for the program, the clearer our picture of what he's bringing. Of what he wants the team to look like, to be like.

Down at the roots, it's about his values, the values he wants to instill throughout the program. These seem to be the values he's pushing hardest: toughness ... smarts ... selflessness ... accountability ... family ... love ... pride in place (Tennessee) ... fierce competitors ... ownership.

It's a really good value set for a football team. And it's not all that different from the values of the United States Army, the values our soldiers have internalized. Here's how the two compare:

Army == Volunteers
-----------------------
Loyalty == family
Duty == accountability, fierce competitors
Respect == family, love
Selfless Service == selflessness
Honor == pride in place, ownership
Integrity == accountability
Personal Courage == toughness, fierce competitors

It's not a perfect match, but it's pretty darn close.

100% behind Josh in this.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Hmm wonder who is still there...
“Some guys who were in the portal are still here. You had individual meetings with them and gave them comfort of who you are so those guys are back on campus and working out with us.”

Also... what’s does this mean...
“force people into third and long stuatinos”
thought it was a new menu item at the local Mexicano restaurant 😂

Crouch is for sure one, he's here until atleast after spring practice.

“The transfer portal created a change in player opportunity to potentially move on from your current university. Some guys who were in the portal are still here. You had individual meetings with them and gave them comfort of who you are so those guys are back on campus and working out with us. I think a global view of who you are and what you got, you kind of put the pieces together and move forward.”

I know other's have mentioned this as well, but we could really use some good news on this front. Obviously we already got Hooker and McGrath to come here, and Velus, Shamburger, and Pope to stay. If we could get Henry T (not likely), Crouch, and Jahmir Johnson to stay, that would be really good. I think Crouch and Johnson might be the two the Jimmy Hyams mentioned a week ago.

I think and hope that they are doing it the right way. Find the right fit for what he wants to do. There really is no need to rush at this point other than to satisfy VolNation's need to know. I do think a S&C coach needs to be put in place quick to get them started but that like a DC has got to be the right fit.

It was a nice interview. He comes off as caring about his players more than anything else. I liked what I heard. He's a good man.

Whether or not he’s the long term solution, I’ll always like the guy no matter what.

I never liked Pruitt from the start.

VN Store

Back