Civil Unrest in France

Can you? And I'm not sure what that has to do with what I was saying.
What exactly are you getting at?

I don't know much about domestic French politics, nor do I claim to. But the hot take above, and a number of others in this thread, sound suspiciously a recycled American politics take, thrown onto France with little regard to the French political culture.

As I noted several times above, these protestors are wanting all kinds of things, like higher minimum wage, bigger pensions, taxing the rich more, and plastic bottles.

But let's just ignore all that and make it a protest against "the left," because that'll fit in nicely with a pre-established world view.

Reactions: BartW
I don't know much about domestic French politics, nor do I claim to. But the hot take above, and a number of others in this thread, sound suspiciously a recycled American politics take, thrown onto France with little regard to the French political culture.

As I noted several times above, these protestors are wanting all kinds of things, like higher minimum wage, bigger pensions, taxing the rich more, and plastic bottles.

But let's just ignore all that and make it a protest against "the left," because that'll fit in nicely with a pre-established world view.

Headed to Brussels on Thursday. Same thing going on there. Should be a good time on the streets. I don't know numbers specifically, but my first question is where is it going to come from? EU members are largely restricted by the fact they're at the mercy of the EU euro printing presses, tax rates are already exorbitant and social safety nets are fairly generous. How far do they think they can take this?

Maybe folks in the working classes are waking up to the fact that the left, despite the lip service paid, does not care about the middle classes or the poor working class. They care about votes and power. The left/liberal terms are wrongly used nowadays. They should be called autocrats.
The right wing is no better because they play similar games with globalists and have no concept of what nationalism is.

Reactions: Pacer92
Headed to Brussels on Thursday. Same thing going on there. Should be a good time on the streets. I don't know numbers specifically, but my first question is where is it going to come from? EU members are largely restricted by the fact they're at the mercy of the EU euro printing presses, tax rates are already exorbitant and social safety nets are fairly generous. How far do they think they can take this?
Are you on the -ER?

Reactions: Vol737

Reactions: Vol737
France in Turmoil... Blame Russia!

The French public are incensed by mounting economic hardship under the government of President Emmanuel Macron, the former investment banker who wants to gut workers’ rights and social benefits under the euphemism of “reforms”. That’s after he and his wife recently redecorated the gilded Élysée Palace with ornate furnishings, wallpaper and carpets to the tune of €600,000. Many French workers are struggling to even heat their homes, such is prevalence of poverty.

This week, Macron made a nationwide televised address from this same gilded palace in which he appealed for calm and stated that the authorities would belatedly make concessions in an attempt to alleviate anger over tax and other economic issues that the French public say have hit them hard with deprivation.

Reactions: Pacer92

VN Store

Back