Citrus Bowl team hotel

Folks take their kids for autographs and pictures and memorabilia. Not sure if they still do it, but years ago many of the bowl hotels where the team stayed had pep rallies for fans and players and other meet and greet type events. This is completely normal and encouraged. At least it used to be.

Stalker much?
Since 1949 is in his username I am thinking this is just an older guy. 74 or so. It used to be a thing many years ago (pre-internet) to cheer a team's bus at various places and to make noise to try and keep an opposing team up all night. It's just something that generation did.

Last edited:
Did you mean “given”
I don't think it's a typo and you understood what he meant. I work in a school. That is the place to make grammar corrections. This is a place where normal people should be able to converse without someone being taken to task over grammar. The substance of conversation matters to me way more than the usage of words. You knew exactly what he was saying.

At the 1994 Citrus bowl I got autographs and met the players at their hotel as a 14 year old super huge Vol fan I was very excited.

Reactions: Voltopia
I don't think it's a typo and you understood what he meant. I work in a school. That is the place to make grammar corrections. This is a place where normal people should be able to converse without someone being taken to task over grammar. The substance of conversation matters to me way more than the usage of words. You knew exactly what he was saying.
Let me make a note of that, thank you school person.

I took my son to the Taxslayer bowl vs Indiana and he asked to stay where the players were. I figured it out and had a blast. He still talks about watching the team, led by J Jennings, sing and dance back into the hotel at 2am. The next morning we ate breakfast next to coach Fulmer and had a great conversation with him and my son. We then watched the busses pull out and headed home

Thanks for that. Now they get it....

And this should be a place to where if he doesn’t like the OP, keep scrolling. He was given a hard time because he gave the OP a hard time. JMO

In the OP defense, there are locals that like to try to go get autographs or know some of our players personally. Or I’m going to go with this premise. 😜
You are correct, we are in Orlando for our 12th straight bowl game. I guess the previous posters have never been to one.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back