Citrus Bowl: #22 Kentucky Wildcats (9-3) vs #15 Iowa Hawkeyes (10-3) ABC 1PM

I’m strictly talking his results as Head Coach. I’d never question anything about his character. He seems like a genuinely great person.

People forget he built that ‘92 defense that Stallings rode to a NC. Curry’s problem from what I remember is he couldn’t beat AU, but I may be mistaken. He’s a good coach though.

People forget he built that ‘92 defense that Stallings rode to a NC. Curry’s problem from what I remember is he couldn’t beat AU, but I may be mistaken. He’s a good coach though.

Great person, so classy. We thought we had made the coaching coup when we hired him, but as always, it's Jimmys and Joes. The nail in the coffin at UK was trying to run the option with Tim Couch.

Great person, so classy. We thought we had made the coaching coup when we hired him, but as always, it's Jimmys and Joes. The nail in the coffin at UK was trying to run the option with Tim Couch.
Didn’t he refuse to recruit Shaun Alexander as well?

No you’re correct about the Auburn part. He was 0-3 in the Iron Bowl. I’ll disagree about the good coach part. At Ga Tech and KY he was 57-93.

Didn’t he refuse to recruit Shaun Alexander as well?

It was professional malpractice not even to offer Mr. Football a scholarship.

Damien Harris, at least Kentucky gave its all, but it's hard to blame him for going to Bama.

Last 10 years, sport. Not even talking about that 20+ year streak.
Well the last ten years stoops has most definitely caught Kentucky up to being even with Tennessee’s program but the debate now is if Tennessee is better or Kentucky. That is what has been happening the last ten years. Now the next ten years will show if all this is a fluke

If you see going 2-8 over ten matchups as achieving parity, then bless your heart.

By that logic, Tennessee has not only caught Florida, but has left them in the dust!!

If you see going 2-8 over ten matchups as achieving parity, then bless your heart.

By that logic, Tennessee has not only caught Florida, but has left them in the dust!!

The first 4 Stoops teams, I can't blame as they had next to no NFL talent after Joke Phillips. 2-3 since then isn't great, but I still think you have to throw out rivalry games.

The first 4 Stoops teams, I can't blame as they had next to no NFL talent after Joke Phillips. 2-3 since then isn't great, but I still think you have to throw out rivalry games.

You can justify this anyway you want. Let me try again to make this clear for you:

Over the past 15 years, there have been many games where Tennessee had equal talent, and a couple where Tennessee had superior talent to Florida. Yet our record is dismal against them. Do I dwell on the talent and claim we have achieved parity with Florida? No. They frankly own us right now, and are the next hurdle we need to clear. I’ll talk smack about them, exchange insults with their fans, and all the other things we’d do as fans, but I acknowledge we are not their equal currently.

Tennessee historically and currently similarly owns Kentucky. Yet you seem incapable of acknowledging this. We are your next hurdle, and you haven’t cleared it yet. I don’t think you ever will, much like I suspect suspect Florida fans feel about my statement about overcoming them.

But, you know what I am NOT doing? Going on a Florida board and posting BS like the Kentucky fans have here. Because it’s pitiful to do so.

Clear?

In my 16 years here at VN, I have been quite clear that I would love to beat Tennessee's butt every year, but we just haven't. It sucks and I hate it. What HAS happened is that we have jumped you in the SECE standings, which you can't seem to be capable of understanding. In the first game of next season, Stoops will pass Bear Bryant in wins at Kentucky. We have seen 2 10-win seasons in 4 years, something I have seen only 3 times in my nearly half century of following UK football. We currently hold the longest nonconference win streak in the country at 16 and have won 4 straight bowls. This last season we finished 2nd in the East, something I couldn't have foreseen a decade ago.

It's OK, defecate on those things. In the meantime I will celebrate the true "brick by brick" success of my team.

You can justify this anyway you want. Let me try again to make this clear for you:

Over the past 15 years, there have been many games where Tennessee had equal talent, and a couple where Tennessee had superior talent to Florida. Yet our record is dismal against them. Do I dwell on the talent and claim we have achieved parity with Florida? No. They frankly own us right now, and are the next hurdle we need to clear. I’ll talk smack about them, exchange insults with their fans, and all the other things we’d do as fans, but I acknowledge we are not their equal currently.

Tennessee historically and currently similarly owns Kentucky. Yet you seem incapable of acknowledging this. We are your next hurdle, and you haven’t cleared it yet. I don’t think you ever will, much like I suspect suspect Florida fans feel about my statement about overcoming them.

But, you know what I am NOT doing? Going on a Florida board and posting BS like the Kentucky fans have here. Because it’s pitiful to do so.

Clear?

My last post on this thread. This is why I will defend Stoops to the hilt. This kid would be playing in the NFL now if it hadn't been for the stroke he had before his Junior season. His team and coaches rallied around him and haven't forgotten him, helping to raise funds to make sure that he is taken care of.

In my 16 years here at VN, I have been quite clear that I would love to beat Tennessee's butt every year, but we just haven't. It sucks and I hate it. What HAS happened is that we have jumped you in the SECE standings, which you can't seem to be capable of understanding. In the first game of next season, Stoops will pass Bear Bryant in wins at Kentucky. We have seen 2 10-win seasons in 4 years, something I have seen only 3 times in my nearly half century of following UK football. We currently hold the longest nonconference win streak in the country at 16 and have won 4 straight bowls. This last season we finished 2nd in the East, something I couldn't have foreseen a decade ago.

It's OK, defecate on those things. In the meantime I will celebrate the true "brick by brick" success of my team.
Okay, when you actually win the division and play for the conference championship get back to me.
Second place is the first loser.

Okay, when you actually win the division and play for the conference championship get back to me.
Second place is the first loser.

How about being happy with 7-6 (or 8-5, depending on some fans here)? The hypocrisy is real.

Reactions: Mtnvol80

VN Store

Back