Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

So glad I found this thread. Thank you @Gandalf . New to cigars (only about 10-12) but really enjoying it, and pleasantly surprised by the really cool subculture around it.

I'm sure it's buried somewhere in the thread, but what's a good start for a humidor? A good starter, reliable, but don't necessarily want to break the bank. I've used the Bovedas in a ziploc, but I'd like to class it up a little more than that lol.

So glad I found this thread. Thank you @Gandalf . New to cigars (only about 10-12) but really enjoying it, and pleasantly surprised by the really cool subculture around it.

I'm sure it's buried somewhere in the thread, but what's a good start for a humidor? A good starter, reliable, but don't necessarily want to break the bank. I've used the Bovedas in a ziploc, but I'd like to class it up a little more than that lol.

I bought a 60 count for 65$ it has done well for the money. If you are around the Knoxville area, the smoke pit is where I bought mine. I’m planning on buying a 150 count though.

Any supply chain issues with stogies? I went to buy some decent Connecticut leaf Churchills as a thank you gift. I was thinking Davidoff or, at worst Macanudo. Tried two decent shops and neither had what I was looking for. One guy blamed supply chain and one did not, he just got hit hard and I had bad timing. Settled on Cohiba Blues cause that was only mild Churchill from I maker I know at either shop.

Any supply chain issues with stogies? I went to buy some decent Connecticut leaf Churchills as a thank you gift. I was thinking Davidoff or, at worst Macanudo. Tried two decent shops and neither had what I was looking for. One guy blamed supply chain and one did not, he just got hit hard and I had bad timing. Settled on Cohiba Blues cause that was only mild Churchill from I maker I know at either shop.

I really haven’t paid any attention to what the cigar shops had or didn’t have. I know the smoke pit in Halls has a nice assortment of cigars. I’ve also been to blue smoke on Kingston Pike and it seemed they had a good assortment also.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I bought a 60 count for 65$ it has done well for the money. If you are around the Knoxville area, the smoke pit is where I bought mine. I’m planning on buying a 150 count though.

Do you know the brand/model?

And I’m in Atlanta, but I appreciate the recommendation. I’ve found a nice little shop around the corner with some knowledgeable guys that haven’t steered me wrong yet.

Do you know the brand/model?

And I’m in Atlanta, but I appreciate the recommendation. I’ve found a nice little shop around the corner with some knowledgeable guys that haven’t steered me wrong yet.

They won’t steer you wrong on a humidor unless they try to sell you a humidor bigger than you need to start out.

I have no idea on the brand of humidor I have but I can find out and tell you.

Saw Quorums on special at CI, but I don't think I've ever tried one. I assume you would recommend?
They’re a budget brand - short to medium filler - presently produced at Arturo Fuentes Nicaraguan factory. This bundle is my first experience with them. Classic Nicaraguan smoke. Better quality than some other budget brands. The short to medium filler hasn’t been a problem for me. I prefer other premium brands, but I’ll smoke this again when it’s the best available option.

@loggervol smoke pit has plenty! When you go in, tell them you are loggervol and that I left you a VSG and an ESG at the desk.

GO
BIG
ORANGE!

I didn’t get to go. Thanks for that malin. I may try to run down in the morning before the games start. I wanted to go this evening but didn’t get a chance.

You got'em? Good Deal! This makes me happy.

You have made my cigar experience 100 times better. Thank You!

GO
BIG
ORANGE!

I thought you had them set me out 2. I was speechless. Thank you for the RAoK, it shall be returned.

Maybe me, you, tin and Gandalf can get together at the pit or blue smoke sometimes and enjoy the lounge. Of course my son will want to come also.

Reactions: malinoisvol

VN Store

Back