Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I bought one of the makers mark 650’s today. Has anyone tried that?

Cant really say I have ever tried the flavored cigars - maybe I am a bit of a tobacco snob. Once you have had the famed Longbottom Leaf of yore, it spoils you. I will say the Padron 3000s are tasty and almost have a sweet cherry aftertaste, nice and chocolaty as well. If I didnt know better, that would be what infused would hope to be. Nub also makes some interesting ones I have had a thought to try. I cant imagine Oliva making a bad stick. I know people say nice things about the 650 tho.

Reactions: loggervol
Cant really say I have ever tried the flavored cigars - maybe I am a bit of a tobacco snob. Once you have had the famed Longbottom Leaf of yore, it spoils you. I will say the Padron 3000s are tasty and almost have a sweet cherry aftertaste, nice and chocolaty as well. If I didnt know better, that would be what infused would hope to be. Nub also makes some interesting ones I have had a thought to try. I cant imagine Oliva making a bad stick. I know people say nice things about the 650 tho.

thanks for the reply.

I was checking a new place out today and they had one and I thought I would give it a try. I was just wondering if anyone could give a heads up on what to expect.

They had some Olivia’s series V but I already had 4 sticks. So, I thought I would wait till next trip.
I bought one of the nubs today, a Acid and a Rocky Patel Disciple.

They had some Olivia’s series V but I already had 4 sticks. So, I thought I would wait till next trip.
I bought one of the nubs today, a Acid and a Rocky Patel Disciple.

Depends on your taste of course but really hard to beat the Oliva V.

Depends on your taste of course but really hard to beat the Oliva V.

I’m definitely wanting to try one. Seems like quite a few people have the Olivia in their top ten.

I bought the acid Kuba kuba and I’ve heard so much bad about it, I don’t even want to smoke it. And, it smells awful. I really didn’t know what I was buying and now I feel like I threw money away buying it.

Last edited:
Guys, if you are ever in Halls, I buy my smokes at the smoke pit. They have a good range of cigars and pipe tobacco. They have a walk In humidor and they have a smoking lounge. Really good people makes it a A++ for buying experience. Give it a try if you’re evere in the area.

I picked up a small assortment of nice cigars while in Dominica last week. I will only have one every so often, so I need to store them. Without investing in a humidor, does anyone have experience using the packets you can put in a jar or ziplock?

Guys, if you are ever in Halls, I buy my smokes at the smoke pit. They have a good range of cigars and pipe tobacco. They have a walk In humidor and they have a smoking lounge. Really good people makes it a A++ for buying experience. Give it a try if you’re evere in the area.
Those folks are great! Got my humidor there.

I picked up a small assortment of nice cigars while in Dominica last week. I will only have one every so often, so I need to store them. Without investing in a humidor, does anyone have experience using the packets you can put in a jar or ziplock?

Get a good Tupperware square bowl and get some bolveda humidity packs and it should keep them good. Try and keep it in a good cool place.

Get a good Tupperware square bowl and get some bolveda humidity packs and it should keep them good. Try and keep it in a good cool place.
Cool, I ordered them and they arrived today. I've got them in a Mason jar in the closet

As good as they are so far, they might not last that long, anyway!

Question, has anyone tried the barrel aged diesel whisky row and the kintsugi? Thinking about buying a box of the kintsug and I just bought a 5 pack of the diesel whiskey row.

Cool, I ordered them and they arrived today. I've got them in a Mason jar in the closet

As good as they are so far, they might not last that long, anyway!

The have a deal on a 40 count humidor and 5 sticks on cigars international for 49$ something right now. Seems like a great deal. If you’re thinking about buying a humidor.?

It’s in the special deals section.

If anyone buys online, cigar page. Com has boxes on sale right now. They have some good deals going on right now.

A box of toro flor de las Antillas is 113.40$.

Reactions: malinoisvol

VN Store

Back