Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

I used to have a desktop box, which was adequate when I shopped at the tobacco store. I would by 5 or so cigars a week and didn’t need a ton of storage. I only started using online stores about a year ago doing five packs and deuces created the need, so I got another desktop. After that wasn’t enough and for simplicity I got one of the heated plug in units in lieu of a third box, it holds all I care to have on hand. I use one of the old desktops for dry boxing if I feel the cigar has been in the Humi for a while. One of the drybox sticks I’ve had since Christmas, one since January.
View attachment 630530View attachment 630531
Case Elegance has a nicely constructed non electric cedar “cabinet style” box for around $200. I think it’s advertised to hold 100, so it should handle 50 toros without a problem.
View attachment 630532

Thanks for sharing. I enjoy looking at other people's humidors.

On another note, I notice that you have Bovedas with different humidity levels in the same humidor. You don't want to do that. One will constantly be pulling humidity out of the air while the other will constantly be putting humidity into the air. You'll have to replace them often.

Very well. Took the time to season it and added some Patels. Been busy with a wedding and was looking to add some Cubans family friend brought from the island…but son-in-law thought it was a gift FROM me when I showed them to him and absconded with it.
That's funny.

Reactions: butchna
Thanks for sharing. I enjoy looking at other people's humidors.

On another note, I notice that you have Bovedas with different humidity levels in the same humidor. You don't want to do that. One will constantly be pulling humidity out of the air while the other will constantly be putting humidity into the air. You'll have to replace them often.
Thanks for letting me know. Didn’t think that would matter. I toss the small ones that CP packs with shipments in there. Thought they would even out and prolong the life of the packs. I also have 3 of the 320g packs @69%, should I nix the distilled water tray as well?
Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for letting me know. Didn’t think that would matter. I toss the small ones that CP packs with shipments in there. Thought they would even out and prolong the life of the packs. I also have 3 of the 320g packs @69%, should I nix the distilled water tray as well?
Thanks for the heads up.
If you have enough Bodedas in there, you won't need the water tray. You can have too little Boveda but you can never have too many. The more you put in there, the longer they last. I put a lot more than Boveda recommends so I can leave them for a long time and not mess with it.

Here's a link to Boveda's calculator.

Boveda for Cigars | Humidity Packs for Cigars

Last edited:
Chores done. Relaxing hum of a lawnmower in the distance. It’s almost pool season.
Trying this guy for the first time.View attachment 630828
Good, not great. I crave a lot of smoke and this didn’t deliver. Big cigar, felt good in my hand. Beautiful dark wrapper, box pressed, well made. I had to touch up the burn line early but then it burned slowly and evenly the rest of the way. Flavor was earthy/woody with a tinge of sweetness at the finish. Finish was amazing.

I’m consoling myself with Tennessee whiskey and a Casa Torano on a mild Spring afternoon. Birds singing, squirrel complaining, no power equipment running. It’s nice on the porch.

IMG_0746.jpeg

Espada Oscuro, starting off wild a good amount of black pepper. I hope this Monte changes my mind about Monte’s.

Besides the pepper starting off, I’m tasting cocoa, black walnut, and some cooking spice with leather. And, maybe a bit of espresso.

Overall, a very good built cigar with a great draw. Most of the flavors were present throughout the 2nd third. The final third was more of leather and spice and black pepper with a tiny bit of sweetness in the retro. I would probably try another but only to see if I may have missed something. And to see if each cigar is similar. This cigar is definitely a high medium to full with plenty of nicotine. I recommend eating before smoking this one. This was a robusto and smoking time was about 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Lovely morning. 60 degrees, birds singing, not even traffic noise. I’ve been up 2&1/2 hours, had my breakfast, and thought, have an AF Work of Art perfecto while checking email on the porch. Today, retirement is good.

IMG_2001.jpeg
Another Perfecto Spring morning. I never imagined being a morning cigar person, but the cool temps, lack of power equipment noise, bird songs, and still air (pollen count in the thousands makes the air “chalky” in a breeze) has drawn me out in the AM. Chores can wait. I’m retired.

VN Store

Back