Chris Bonds

Bonds is probably the player we need the most left in this class along with Moses and White.

This kid is very impressionable. He's liked every school he's visited and his mom will probably have more say than he does. IMO, here are the advantages of each.

Notre Dame for the education.
Bama for the lies Saban feeds them.
UT for the chance to see him play the majority of his games and proximity to columbia.

I want to change the landscape of how we're viewed around the country.........."Lies Saban tells them".........what like if you sign with me, I'll give you a great chance to play in the NFL...........Geesh people.......let's get over it.......

UA and Irish battle for Bonds UA and Irish battle for Bonds

Shane Youngblood
BamaOnLine.com Recruiting Analyst
It is down to two schools for the signature of Rivals250 defensive lineman Chris Bonds after a long recruiting process that has seen the 6-foot-4, 262-pounder land over 30 scholarship offers from coast to coast.

Now that the dust has begun to settle, what two schools remain in the running for the nation's 11th-ranked defensive tackle?

"It is pretty much down to Alabama and Notre Dame," said Richland Northeast Coach Jay Frye. "It came down to a lot of factors, but mainly it was the tradition and the coaching staffs of those two schools. They both have a lot to offer as far as those two attributes. They are two of the winningest programs in the history of college football and Coach Saban and Coach Weis have done a great job recruiting Chris."

Tennessee, once considered a leader for Bonds, fell out of favor after Coach Phil Fulmer announced that he was stepping down at the end of the season.

There was some speculation that Bonds was ready to commit as early as this week.

"I think Chris and his family were going to decide this week but now they may wait a little later," said Frye. "It could still be real soon or it could be at the Army All-American game. I know it won't be any later than that. He really wants to get it behind him but he is still bouncing those two schools around in his head and trying to decide which one. Chris isn't much for attention or interviews. He is a highly intelligent kid who likes to stay out of the spotlight. This will be a big weight off of his shoulders."

Bonds has had a string of tough injury luck throughout his career that has continued in his senior season.

"Chris played 15 games as a freshman when we went to the state championship game," said Frye. "Since then he has played about 15 games total. He had a high ankle sprain as a sophomore, a torn ACL as a junior and torn meniscus this year but he is about 100 percent right now. I am not sure if he is going to play this Friday night in our playoff game, but he should have all of the injuries behind him.

"He has given it all he has when he has been healthy. He is such an explosive kid to be a big guy who is going to get bigger. He could play inside or outside in college, but whoever gets him will get a great one."

Bonds has also considered offers from South Carolina, Michigan, USC and Tennessee.

I'm waiting for the day Saban leaves. If bammers think that's his permanent home is in Bama, :eek:lol:

Can't wait

He seems pretty happy right now. Although, ND will have an opening next year is Weis sucks it up again. That's a more prestgious job than Alabumma.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back