Chris Bonds

I think Bonds is Tennessee's to lose.

The new Rivals article really sheds some light on what motivates this kid. He wants to play early, and he wants to get to the league to buy his mother a house....he said that he's doing everything his does for his mother...

...and that's important because his mother grew up in Tennessee and used to sell hot dogs inside Neyland Stadium...he said she's always told him that she wants to see him in the Orange and White, singing Rocky Top.

With his momma pushing UT, I think the Vols will land him.

man it never hurts to have smart players in the league

Bonds told Brooks he plans to major in mechanical engineering.That’s when Brooks talked about former UT defensive tackle Darwin Walker, who has had success in the NFL and the engineering field.
“He’s making more money with his engineering degree than on the football field,” Bonds said. “Football is not always Plan A. You have to have a plan for the rest of your life.”

I just found the bolded part funny

The new Rivals article really sheds some light on what motivates this kid. He wants to play early, and he wants to get to the league to buy his mother a house....he said that he's doing everything his does for his mother...

...and that's important because his mother grew up in Tennessee and used to sell hot dogs inside Neyland Stadium...he said she's always told him that she wants to see him in the Orange and White, singing Rocky Top.

:rock:

Oh wow, his mom sold hotdogs at Neyland, then he must be UT's to lose.

espn 150 watch lister chris bonds spoke with affiliate web site thebigspur.com about some potential official visits.

He said, "for the most part, southern california, miami-fl, tennessee, south carolina, notre dame and michigan are recruiting me real hard. All of the top schools are after me. All the schools that have good tradition and put lineman in the nfl."

bonds continued, "that's one of the things i'm looking for in a school is what they do with their linemen. Do they graduate their linemen and their players as a whole and do they get them to the next level."

Many people think he will commit to us soon. South Carolina's mods still say he is a Cock if they win at least 8 this year.

Many people think he will commit to us soon. South Carolina's mods still say he is a Cock if they win at least 8 this year.

True people have been saying that for a while now, but I'd just like to finally see it happen. We need a big DL recruit to get the Defensive recruiting going to keep up with the O!

Mark my word, USC will be a tough out for us this year, although it is most years.

They may be a little more stingy this year since SOS has to be feeling a little pressure to climb into the top 3, at least, in the east.

USC has always been tough but they've never in my memory had a year like this one.

They'll be good on D but things look difficult on O. They lost their starting QB, RB, FB, TE, and two OL's. They still have no idea what they're doing at QB.

I overestimated them last year and may be underestimating them this year... but they're going to have to prove to me they're better than 4th... ever. They were 8th in scoring O last year and appear to have gone backwards. Their D should be improved talent wise but they'll bear more of a burden so statistically they probably won't improve much on their 23.5 ppg.

I would not be surprised to see USC drop their first one to NCSU. O'Brien is probably the best coach in the ACC and will improve this year at someone's expense.

For some reason I feel like when we do land a big time DT, then we will get another one, maybe two more. Maybe all it takes is for others to see one take the plunge. You know what they say, when it rains, it pours.

What is so impressive about nd? Touchdown jesus? Give me a break.
Ohio state,what are they going to tell them? Hey come play for us. We cake walk through a pansy schedule then get slapped in the face with a dose of reality come bowl time.

HAHAHAHAHAHA that is great!:lolabove:

Oh wow, his mom sold hotdogs at Neyland, then he must be UT's to lose.

Lol at the sarcasm. I don't think we get this kid. How many of us actually did what our parents wanted at that age? I know I didn't. Your parents can easily tell you where to go to school when they are the one's paying for it. These players will be on a free-ride scholarship and a lot of them want to get away from home and their parent's authority. We miss out on a lot of kids whose families have ties to UT and I think this will be another one. Luckily Eric Berry is a great kid and his family ties were a plus for UT. Bonds does seem family oriented so hopefully things play out well for us and his family convinces him what a scumbag Saban is.

VN Store

Back